Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 12:14 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
People die every day in this country, not to mention the plane crash is far from being an American tragedy. Boo freaking hoo.
Whatever he does or doesn't do will get the same comments. I get frustrated with the immaturity (on both sides, so don't bother with the "obamabot" stupidity). I wonder how many people posting are over the age of 18 and/or just addicted to Obamabashing. Hating is a habit, I've learned. It's fun and obsessive and addictive.

I was at work when I heard this news. When I got home I came to CD to see what the knowledgeable folks had to say and I got this thread instead. And there ARE knowledgeable people on here, I know it. LOL. That will teach me to be an adult.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:38 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
A Spanish air traffic controller who worked in the Dnepropetrovsk airport in the moment of the malaysian plane crash has twitted that he was seeing two ukrainian destroyers next to the plane :
Them sneaky commies have flying boats!!!!

Old 07-18-2014, 02:11 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
World leaders, our friends, our enemies, they ALL watch every move our president makes.

Maybe you see this as just a saturday night live comedy show, but the president of this country is supposed to show some decorum and discipline.

Well then, maybe folks should pick their presidents more wisely. The last couple
have been real doozies. They could have starred on SNL!

Old 07-18-2014, 03:06 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Poor people. They had nothing to do with that conflict and now they are victims. If it will be proved that the rebels are responsible for that, I think that some kind of new sanctions against my country will be a proportional response. But only if.

There was a case in 2001, when our neighbors shot down a plane just during military trainings. And our neighbors denied the fact at first. I hate the rebels, I don't believe them, but I also don't believe the army.

Awful situation. We shouldn't have interfere in our neighbors' affairs in such a way, their country is a mess, even without it. We only destabilized the situation even more. We broke our good relations with Europe. It was a wrong strategy, I believe, that our politicians chose.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:38 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
You did not understand; these are not the rebels talking, these are Kiev people talking about the rebels. If you knew Russian you would understand this. The video translation is incorrect. The Kiev people are describing what they thought happened, and who they thought shot it down.

Ukrainian accent meaning these people normally speak Ukrainian, if you ever lived there and/or were from there like I am, you would understand this.
didn't you also maintain that the crash site was in a Ukraine gov't area and they had control of the site and that the rebels only had hand-held AA systems...you haven't been right on this yet and you don't know jack...give it up.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:29 AM

268 posts, read 241,165 times
Let the conspiracy theorizing begin.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:45 AM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
There were 298 people killed by a terrorist missile that could have been supplied by Russia and the main topic of discussion is appearances, very strange.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:47 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,888 times
Default Obama Gives Malaysian Crash 40 Seconds Before Telling Jokes

What a low life we have in the WH.

Obama goes AWOL again with just 40-second mention of Malaysian plane crash | Mail Online

Old 07-18-2014, 04:58 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,293 times
Change the title to Obama interrupts pre-scheduled speech about transportation issues to discuss the loss of life on MH17 plane crash. There was no AWOL there. That's pretty standard.

How long is he supposed to talk about something like this in an unrelated speech? How long did his predecessors do this? Did you guys research this before whining about it? What's that? No? Didn't think so.

Nothing to see here. Just partisan whining. If there was an R behind his name then the right wing blog that passes these opinions to you wouldn't care.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:15 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were 298 people killed by a terrorist missile that could have been supplied by Russia and the main topic of discussion is appearances, very strange.
Every thread on this board turns into an Obama bashing thread, no matter what it began as. It seems conservatives are incapable of carrying on a discussion about any subject without finding a way to denigrate and blame the president.

It wouldn't matter how the president responded to this incident, he would have been roundly criticized as being wrong. If he changed his schedule and rushed back to the White House they would say he's letting terrorists dictate his actions. More compassionate in his statement--he's showing the world he's soft and weak. Come out with a strong statement against the perpetrators--he's rattling his saber like the Chicago thug he is. Make a statement and then continue on with his schedule--he's disconnected and has no compassion.

The president made a statement about a tragedy with the information he had. He did not fan the flames with fiery rhetoric, he did not make threats, he did not assign blame without facts. It was an appropriate and proportional response. Conservatives responded to his statement with their usual Pavlovian drooling. Big surprise. Who cares what they say anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies