U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 02:46 PM

32,204 posts, read 16,536,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A total cluster-f*ck if you ask me. And this with all the technology and spying and satellites and such at our fingertips.
Nobody is going to want to announce their exact capabilities in that regard to the world.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:48 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,368,792 times
Ron Paul: Don't Blame Putin For Malaysian Jet Shoot Down
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...hoot-down.aspx

Old 07-19-2014, 03:03 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,362,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nobody is going to want to announce their exact capabilities in that regard to the world.
Yet all are announcing they have a clue who did it and say they have proof.

It's either put up or shut up here.

You got proof then hand it over to the UN.

Posting on Facebook and Twitter is hardly how foreign governments should be conducting investigations or informing the public.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:05 PM

21,289 posts, read 21,803,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Who has possession of the black boxes? (There is more than one on each flight... redundancy requirements.)
no, one tracks the cockpit audio the other is for the aircraft flight data

Old 07-19-2014, 03:06 PM

21,289 posts, read 21,803,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
"Wishful thinking"?
I can put my hand on Holy Bible or any other Holy book and say that the Ukrainian government is a bunch of inhumane bloody criminals with no conscience. And I have good reason to say that.
they were trained by the Russians?

Old 07-19-2014, 03:48 PM

6,111 posts, read 5,066,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The only involvement Putin has in this incident is damage control to try and salvage the separatist movement after their massive cluster Fu*K in thinking a commercial jetliner was a military transport.
Regarding the statement you made concerning the rebels not having the personnel to use a BUK, might I remind you that many of the rebels are ex Russian soldiers and poorly trained Russian soldiers at best.

The difference between Commercial Jet liners and Military planes is no longer clear cut. For example, American forces are flown to the Middle East on chartered commercial jets like the 777. The reason for using the 777 is you can fly direct and not have to make a pit stop in the Azores or Germany. The US Military leases 747 and other widebody planes to fly cargo and even uses commercial cargo companies like FEDEX or UPS to ship small parts and mission critical items. Americas new KC 767 tanker plane is built using second hand 767s refurbished and modified by Boeing. America still uses a lot of specialty planes built using the venerable 707 air frame.

I also want to add. Any sophisticated antiaircraft system would have a Russian advisor who would serve as the units commander. This is based on Russian practice and is based on their total inability to trust anyone (especially non-Russians) with any Russian technology considered valuable. I base this on the fact I have had personal dealings with Russians on several joint scientific and technical projects and once sold a car to a Russian Physicist in 1997.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:56 PM

21 posts, read 17,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
"Wishful thinking"?
I can put my hand on Holy Bible or any other Holy book and say that the Ukrainian government is a bunch of inhumane bloody criminals with no conscience. And I have good reason to say that.
And what's the reason?

Ukrainian goverment fights against the pro-russian terrorists, coordinated by russian army. And Ukraine is always judged by Russian politics for doing that, because russians suggest them to go into negotiations. Russia calls them "peaceful citizens". None of top world's countries gave any help to ukrainian amry. And now that peacful guys shot down a civil plane, thinking that was ukrainian's army aviation. So, tell me now. Is the ukrainian government to blame?

Old 07-19-2014, 04:16 PM

11,623 posts, read 5,910,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The difference between Commercial Jet liners and Military planes is no longer clear cut. For example, American forces are flown to the Middle East on chartered commercial jets like the 777. The reason for using the 777 is you can fly direct and not have to make a pit stop in the Azores or Germany. The US Military leases 747 and other widebody planes to fly cargo and even uses commercial cargo companies like FEDEX or UPS to ship small parts and mission critical items. Americas new KC 767 tanker plane is built using second hand 767s refurbished and modified by Boeing. America still uses a lot of specialty planes built using the venerable 707 air frame.

I also want to add. Any sophisticated antiaircraft system would have a Russian advisor who would serve as the units commander. This is based on Russian practice and is based on their total inability to trust anyone (especially non-Russians) with any Russian technology considered valuable. I base this on the fact I have had personal dealings with Russians on several joint scientific and technical projects and once sold a car to a Russian Physicist in 1997.
What kind of car did he buy?

Old 07-19-2014, 04:35 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,494,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
no, one tracks the cockpit audio the other is for the aircraft flight data
I guess everyone knows the black boxes are orange .

Old 07-19-2014, 04:39 PM

11,623 posts, read 5,910,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
I guess everyone knows the black boxes are orange .
They're still difficult to locate if they are not wanted to be found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or