U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:07 PM
 
32,166 posts, read 16,527,362 times
Reputation: 17251

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Putin is not so stupid as someone can think. There is no any real proof that Putin gave this kind of weapon to the rebels. A heavy rainfall of allegations and persistent blames that amply pouring from MSM are not a fact proving Putin did it.
Oh, there's no doubt that he'll find an overzealous staffer to blame it on, but don't be coy: Russia hasn't exactly been discrete about supporting the rebels. Of course he didn't intend the idiots to shoot down an airliner and give Europe a vested interest in the conflict. Russia can play at little brushwars, but they're not equipped for economic warfare.

The rebels appear to operate with no central control - if they had a modicum of common sense, they'd be bending over backwards to provide international access to the crash site, and instead they're shooting at OSCE inspectors and doing the typical Slavic swagger with checkpoints and local commandants with impressive titles.

Oh, and looting. I hope the bereaved ones are smart enough to close out their loved one's credit cards.

 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:13 PM
 
32,166 posts, read 16,527,362 times
Reputation: 17251
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
All this unrest started when the Ukraine was going to borrow money from Russia instead of the IMF.

Follow the money my friend. Ukraine is but a puppet in a proxy war for something bigger.
Yeah, the Ukrainians looked at Europe and at Russia and decided that while being Russia's b.tch was great for adding an extra wing of solid gold to Yanukovich's Presidential Palace, it was not so great for those who aspire for the sort of society where more than 1 in 4 males reach the age of 55, which is something Russia seems to have issues with. So they kicked Yanukovich out on his pan-Slavic ass and Moscow had to pretend to play nice so as not to upset the cart during the Winter Olympics.

Damn straight I'm following the money - and there was a sh.tton of Russian money invested in keeping Ukraine at heel. I for one am very happy to see people with the guts to give Pooty-Poot and his henchmen the finger.
 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,347,125 times
Reputation: 27564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The US is generally smart enough not to hand out serious weaponry. Stingers are about as high-tech as it gets. And while they're a pain in and off themselves, they're not taking out airliners at cruise altitude.

(Apart from Blessed St. Reagan, PBUH, who found it worthwhile to use actual US assets to support Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war - and supply the Iranians with TOW missiles. But "smart" and "Reagan" are rarely used in the same sentence for a reason.)
I dunno..chemical weapons that cause mass deaths is pretty serious wouldn't you say ?
And Benghazi was reportedly where arms/weapons including some chemical weapons made their to Syria via Turkey with everyone turning a blind eye.

I don't doubt that the US has supplied "serious weapons" to untrained rebels but then again wouldn't that be the job of the CIA to train them ?
 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:16 PM
 
32,166 posts, read 16,527,362 times
Reputation: 17251
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And Benghazi was reportedly where arms/weapons including some chemical weapons made their to Syria via Turkey with everyone turning a blind eye.
Reportedly.
 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:19 PM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,685,831 times
Reputation: 5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The US is generally smart enough not to hand out serious weaponry. Stingers are about as high-tech as it gets. And while they're a pain in and off themselves, they're not taking out airliners at cruise altitude.

(Apart from Blessed St. Reagan, PBUH, who found it worthwhile to use actual US assets to support Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war - and supply the Iranians with TOW missiles. But "smart" and "Reagan" are rarely used in the same sentence for a reason.)
Are you insane? The evil US has been doing that very thing for years.
 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,347,125 times
Reputation: 27564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Reportedly.
I'm not so blind to think the US is the good guy or that Russia is the bad guy.

We were wrong to try to invade Syria. Russia put a stop to that one.
And we had a heavy hand in the Ukraine government overthrow and fell over ourselves in rushing there to shake hands with the new puppets that got voted into power who immediately voted in favor of the IMF.
 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:21 PM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,685,831 times
Reputation: 5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Liberty, democracy and a warm water port for Mother Russia. Sucks that Russia's puppet grew too obviously corrupt, doesn't it?
The ruskies have their port..............why we stood down in the whole Syria crap. Hey where did that go.........used to be all the news folks getting killed on and on............now nothing. Pathetic.
 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:23 PM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,685,831 times
Reputation: 5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I expect there's a likelihood the POTUS has good reason to not jump at every Internet rumor out there.
Internet rumor? Are you kidding me? If that is what you judge your prez on then you are lost........I guess that is how the entire country goes anymore though. Jump in and yack.
 
Old 07-20-2014, 03:26 PM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,685,831 times
Reputation: 5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm not so blind to think the US is the good guy or that Russia is the bad guy.

We were wrong to try to invade Syria. Russia put a stop to that one.
And we had a heavy hand in the Ukraine government overthrow and fell over ourselves in rushing there to shake hands with the new puppets that got voted into power who immediately voted in favor of the IMF.
When the US does it it is evil though. Countries do what is their best interest. We have folks who don't care it seems. Evil US needs to be taken down. Dummies. Go live under some tyrant is all I say.
 
Old 07-20-2014, 04:41 PM
 
8,487 posts, read 5,890,041 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
When the US does it it is evil though. Countries do what is their best interest. We have folks who don't care it seems. Evil US needs to be taken down. Dummies. Go live under some tyrant is all I say.
People do what they perceive is in their best interest. A country is a construct.
What is in one's best interest is always relative to the individual making such decisions and the circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top