U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 03:51 PM

15,837 posts, read 10,009,904 times

Advertisements

Old 07-23-2014, 03:58 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,259,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm not making the argument that it's safe.

I'm making the argument that Malaysian Air was neither negligent nor stupid when they took a risk that is taken daily around the world. DAILY. EVERY DAY. All over the world. There are wars scattered all around the globe. And passenger aircraft flying over war-torn areas.

The point is, you don't blame the airliner. You blame the people who fired the missile. Who in all likelihood made a tragic mistake, because there is no reason to shoot down a passenger aircraft. Which is why such incidents are rare.

They aren't rare because airlines don't fly over war zones. Passenger airlines fly over conflict zones DAILY. They are rare because soldiers operating systems with these capabilities are trained to discern civilian aircraft from military aircraft. When their training or equipment fails, then we have tragedies such as this.

The FAA does not agree with you. The FAA was well aware of the dangers and issued an order over three months ago prohibiting American pilots from flying over much of the Ukraine.

The FAA's Notice Prohibiting Airline Flights Over Ukraine - James Fallows - The Atlantic

Basically, only an idiot would have flown over the area.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:02 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,529,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
These nuts keep shooting things down left and right. And why not? It's not like they are afraid of any type of repercussions for shooting down a passenger plane. This is what happens when you have weak leaders.
No. This is what happens during war.

[people die]

Old 07-23-2014, 04:07 PM

45,683 posts, read 33,930,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
These nuts keep shooting things down left and right. And why not? It's not like they are afraid of any type of repercussions for shooting down a passenger plane. This is what happens when you have weak leaders.
Repercussions against who?

Has the Prime Minister of The Netherlands ( 63% of lives lost) done anything?

Old 07-23-2014, 04:09 PM

21,411 posts, read 14,299,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't see how Malaysian Airlines can survive losing two planes in a matter of few months. I don't think it has ever happened before. ValueJet lost one plane in the Everglades crash, and they did not survive it. I think the Malaysians need to think about selling their company, or at least changing the name of the airline.

This will put this airline under, they were losing money before they lost two planes. People will be avoiding flying this airline and their losses will mount. They've lost the confidence of consumers.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:59 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,369,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Reuters-Separatist leader admits that rebels possessed Buk Missile System, that it had been headed to within miles of where Malaysian Air 17 was shot down and that it very well could have been smuggled across the border to Russia to avoid detection. He puts the Buk as being based in Luhansk , a city from where Ukrainian intelligence released a photo of a Buk missile system, headed east towards Russia minus a missile.

Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile | Reuters
Mr. Khodakovsky speaks over the phone with the LifeNews channel and denied this BS. He never admit it. Here is the video (in russian)
http://lifenews.ru/news/137189
Sorry, I have no time to translate this conversation but in couple of words - Khodakovsky said it is BS and intentional misrepresentation of his words in vulgar manner.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:32 PM

10,297 posts, read 12,155,831 times
I've been out of the loop on this lately but I heard that now the U.S. is being blamed for shooting down that plane?

Old 07-23-2014, 05:53 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,369,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I've been out of the loop on this lately but I heard that now the U.S. is being blamed for shooting down that plane?
The Ukraine military did it on purpose. It was a thought-out operation.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:30 PM

10,297 posts, read 12,155,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
The Ukraine military did it on purpose. It was a thought-out operation.
Great. So what does that mean?
I keep hearing all this conspiracy crap and that we are on the brink of World War III.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:53 PM

11,074 posts, read 6,472,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
So, why NATO still don't publish all the data?
I give you the answer - because NATO understood who is really responsible for the plane crash and they are weren't the rebels.
NATO is under no obligation to publish all of its data and doing so would like raise security concerns. There is already more than enough evidence for every person on the planet to determine what happened here. Even if NATO published all of its data, you would just say it's fake and that you are not convinced. So, I suppose people can believe what they want at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or