U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
9,832 posts, read 5,847,880 times
Reputation: 3404

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
If I thought they were, I'd spend no time on allegations, but rather the effort to prove the allegations.
Why would you? Your rights have not been violated? You haven't been to court. You're not getting this are you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2014, 11:39 PM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,138,131 times
Reputation: 9518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

The folks who think they are protecting themselves against the federal government, well, assault rifles don't stop tanks, bombs, and missiles. It won't stop an artillery round dropping on your head from 2 miles away. It won't stop anything the federal government has at its disposal. So if the army decides to side with the government, you're screwed, deal with it. No amount of magazines with 50 rounds is going to save you.
Assymetric warfare. You're assuming that the people of a nation are not as smart as the power elite of a nation. No government can survive without the support of the people, if the people are armed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2014, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
9,282 posts, read 5,766,075 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Assymetric warfare. You're assuming that the people of a nation are not as smart as the power elite of a nation. No government can survive without the support of the people, if the people are armed.
22,000,000 veterns plus 140,000,000 gun owners gives us the numbers should they pursue this fracas to its final stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2014, 12:31 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,786,494 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Memphis1979
The folks who think they are protecting
themselves against the federal government, well, assault rifles don't stop
tanks, bombs, and missiles. It won't stop an artillery round dropping on your
head from 2 miles away. It won't stop anything the federal government has at
its disposal. So if the army decides to side with the government, you're
screwed, deal with it. No amount of magazines with 50 rounds is going to save
you.

Western Rifle Shooters Association: Vanderboegh: A Handgun Against An Army - Ten Years After
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2014, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
9,282 posts, read 5,766,075 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The Gov. uses the numerous murders in Chicago over the 4th of July weekend as justification for calling for these new measures.

Am I the only one who finds it peculiar that he is calling for a ban on certain rifles, when the vast majority of the murders in Chicago are committed with handguns?

Hmmmmm............... Sounds like a "sound-bite solution" to me. Or as Gov. Christie of NJ would put it, "reform in name only"
We can only hope it is just that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2014, 06:33 AM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,478,688 times
Reputation: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Anyone who needs more than 10 rounds is a loser.
Like this guy?


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANKgTjUD69U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2014, 08:48 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,505 posts, read 33,791,630 times
Reputation: 14240
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post



LOL!
Do not show a city slicker these type of videos.
It can only go 2 ways.

Poor piggies, slaughtered. They should be allowed to be free. Man is encroaching on their habitat
Or they are dumbfounded that their actually is a domestic use for high capacity mags, in their state.


MMMMMM.... Grilled & Smoked, Backstraps and Hams!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2014, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,786,494 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
The problem here, as BentBow has aptly pointed out, is that the majority of people we are having this debate with reside in a concrete jungle, and have no understanding of a life outside of it. In fact, many of them think themselves superior because of it, and do not even acknowledge a life outside of it. That is why using this video as a valid reason why someone may use a 30rd mag will fall on deaf ears. Infact, it may even have the opposite effect that you are intending. I can just see one of these anti-gun people watching this video and being outraged that such a "murderous rampage" of poor little piggies is allowed to take place, and use that as yet another reason why the AR15 and 30rd magazines should be banned, according to them.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 07-19-2014 at 11:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2014, 12:30 PM
 
Location: St Paul
7,510 posts, read 3,528,665 times
Reputation: 4739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How do criminals get guns?

Well they buy them legally, or from someone who bought them legally, usually.

I don't believe assault weapons bans make any sense individually. The mag size reduction I support.

I've seen live gun fights between gang members. They didn't fire more then 10 rounds between all of them, running the other direction is what they do. Mag size is not about gangs, or criminals. Its about mass murderers and people who feel they need to protect themselves from the Federal Government by force, if necessary.

Well I think restricting the magazine size so that when someone walks into a movie theater, they have to reload a few more times, adding precious seconds for some survivors and police to arrive on the scene.

The folks who think they are protecting themselves against the federal government, well, assault rifles don't stop tanks, bombs, and missiles. It won't stop an artillery round dropping on your head from 2 miles away. It won't stop anything the federal government has at its disposal. So if the army decides to side with the government, you're screwed, deal with it. No amount of magazines with 50 rounds is going to save you.
Why the distraction & side show though? The problem Illinois has is inner-city criminals using hand guns that were stolen or illegal purchased. Shouldn't that be the focus? It's telling that gun control activists waste all this time on symbolic gestures & never, ever, discuss the real problem. Could it be privileged white liberals only care when the shooting is in a white school or shopping mall? Could it be privileged white liberals are more concerned with appearing to to be liberal than actually helping minority's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2014, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,786,494 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979
How do criminals get guns?
Well they
buy them legally, or from someone who bought them legally, usually. I
don't believe assault weapons bans make any sense individually. The mag size
reduction I support.

I've seen live gun fights between gang members.
They didn't fire more then 10 rounds between all of them, running the other
direction is what they do. Mag size is not about gangs, or criminals. Its
about mass murderers and people who feel they need to protect themselves from
the Federal Government by force, if necessary.

Well I think restricting
the magazine size so that when someone walks into a movie theater, they have to
reload a few more times, adding precious seconds for some survivors and police
to arrive on the scene.

The folks who think they are protecting
themselves against the federal government, well, assault rifles don't stop
tanks, bombs, and missiles. It won't stop an artillery round dropping on your
head from 2 miles away. It won't stop anything the federal government has at
its disposal. So if the army decides to side with the government, you're
screwed, deal with it. No amount of magazines with 50 rounds is going to save
you.
When a politician comes out, on the record, and says that he / she thinks the carnage and death someone can cause with a 10 round magazine is an acceptable amount, then I'll take the magazine reduction proposals seriously. Of course that is never going to happen, because no amount of senseless death and carnage is acceptable. If we ban anything over 10 rds, do you think that will be the end of it? Of course not. Someone will use 10rd mags to commit a tragedy and all of a sudden anti-gun politicians will jump in front of a microphone and say "we didn't do enough last time, we need even tougher limitations".... So then the argument will be to limit it to 5 rds, and then after that, the argument will be to ban any firearm that accepts a detachable magazine at all. Thanks, but no thanks.

Besides that, this little contraption in the article I've posted below pretty much renders moot the point about mag limits. It's a 50 round magazine that is legal in all fifty states. Yep, even CA and NY. Actually it's not a 50rd magazine, it's 5, 10rd magazines attached to a star shaped contraption that allows for quick and easy mag changes. Check it out for yourself.

NY Legal 50 Round AR-15 Magazine, New from FAB Defense | The Truth About Guns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top