U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 01:26 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,049,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yell tell that to people who are in the middle of a home invasion..

So you want to restrict the rights of other people because of a statically event that kills few people every year then lighting?

Really? They dont? Well tell that to the Taliban, They use Automatic Rifles, and home made bombs and have kicked the ass of the worlds most powerful military with only 30,000 to 50,000 members.

You argument has been proven wrong time and time again.

You want tyranny? Find move to it, dont create it here.
Have you ever been in a home invasion? Ever know someone who was? I do. One shot, thats all it took. Thats all it takes most of the time.

There was a guy killed at a rest area in Kentucky the other day for having his lights on. It was less then 10 rounds fired.

We are never safe in a free country, but oversized ammo mags don't serve any purpose other then someone wanting to play soldier at home. Thats just fine, just reload after 10 rounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 01:29 PM

12,289 posts, read 7,955,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Thats not true at all.

Its the same reason why you can sell guns that are older now, they were grandfathered in. Ever seen pawn stars?

Yes, you can pass an assault weapon on to your child, just like you can any legally purchased firearm. Very few things are declared illegal retroactively.
Every state that has passed an assault weapon ban with grandfathering makes it illegal to sell said gun within the state (which includes giving to your children). I would know, I am in one of those states. Same goes for the silly magazine ban, how they think they are going to inforce that is beyond me. Especially since magazines are not serialized and can last a century.

An aw ban prevents anyone after a certain date from acquiring an aw period.

Like I said, if they are so dangerious then they should go door to door confiscating them, after all, it is for the children and if it saves just one life.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:29 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,991,021 times
Dear Ameriphobic, anti-Second Amendment, fear-mongering, fascist Libnutters-

There is no such thing as an "Assault Rifle".

Please "move forward" and stop with the deliberately dishonest and deceptive language.

Caution When Taking On The Language Of The Left In The Gun Control Debate

Preventing ‘access’? Ace of Spades calls out MSM for parroting Dems’ ‘deceptive terminology’

Old 07-17-2014, 01:30 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,049,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Every state that has passed an assault weapon ban with grandfathering makes it illegal to sell said gun within the state (which includes giving to your children). I would know, I am in one of those states. Same goes for the silly magazine ban, how they think they are going to inforce that is beyond me. Especially since magazines are not serialized and can last a century.

An aw ban prevents anyone after a certain date from acquiring an aw period.

Like I said, if they are so dangerious then they should go door to door confiscating them, after all, it is for the children and if it saves just one life.
Within the state, but that doesn't prevent a hand me down.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:30 PM

9,282 posts, read 5,761,073 times
Quote:
Thats not true at all.

Its the same reason why you can sell guns that are older now, they were grandfathered in. Ever seen pawn stars?

Yes, you can pass an assault weapon on to your child, just like you can any legally purchased firearm. Very few things are declared illegal retroactively.
Apples and Oranges..After one or two generations how many will be around? How many people will be able to afford them?

A ban is still a ban..No matter the wording.

If you dont want to own something, fine, dont own it, dont restrict others from owning want they have a right to own.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Have you ever been in a home invasion? Ever know someone who was? I do. One shot, thats all it took. Thats all it takes most of the time.

There was a guy killed at a rest area in Kentucky the other day for having his lights on. It was less then 10 rounds fired.

We are never safe in a free country, but oversized ammo mags don't serve any purpose other then someone wanting to play soldier at home. Thats just fine, just reload after 10 rounds.
You need to do a little reading about defensive encounters. The vast majority take many shots, even the most highly trained person misses more than they hit the target. Just look at just about every officer envolved shooting.

Normal capacity magazines serve a purpose, it is what the firearm is designed to use. They are more reliable than aftermarket neutered magazines nine times out of ten. I would rather not reload if I don't have to, the criminals won't be reloading.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:34 PM

2,172 posts, read 2,080,012 times
Quote:
Thats not true at all.

Welcome to California where if you registered your pre-ban so-called assault rifle it can never, ever, be transferred to anyone else in California including family members. Never. Your only choices are to relinquish it to the police, legally remove it from California, or disable the functionality that made it a so-called assault weapon.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Within the state, but that doesn't prevent a hand me down.
It does if the parent and child are in the same state, like most families.

Here is the ca attorney general website stating the same

Can I keep a registered assault weapon/.50 BMG rifle that I inherited?

No. Pursuant to California Penal Code sections 30915 and 30935, any person who obtains title to a registered assault weapon or registered .50 BMG rifle by bequest or intestate succession shall, within 90 days (for assault weapons) or 180 days (for .50 BMG rifles) do one or more of the following:

1. Render the weapon permanently inoperable.
2. Sell the weapon to a licensed gun dealer who has a permit from DOJ to purchase assault weapons/.50 BMG rifles.
3. Obtain a permit from DOJ to possess assault weapons/.50 BMG rifles, in the same manner as specified in Article 3 (commencing with section 32650) of Chapter 6.
4. Lawfully remove the weapon from this state.
Frequently Asked Questions | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

BTW, they have issued zero permits as listed in #3 unless you are a police officer.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:36 PM

41,492 posts, read 51,348,324 times
Sounds like simple publicity stunt to me. Considering this discussion it is working.

When will these people realize that when it comes to slaughter it is not the weapon but the person they have to worry about. Somebody with a sharp spear or blunt club, mankind's first assault weapons, could do a tremendous amount of damage in a crowded situation. Have we banned spears or baseball bats?

Old 07-17-2014, 01:40 PM

14,375 posts, read 7,956,581 times
Quote:
How do criminals get guns?

Well they buy them legally, or from someone who bought them legally, usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Dear Ameriphobic, anti-Second Amendment, fear-mongering, fascist Libnutters-

There is no such thing as an "Assault Rifle".

Please "move forward" and stop with the deliberately dishonest and deceptive language.

Caution When Taking On The Language Of The Left In The Gun Control Debate

Preventing ‘access’? Ace of Spades calls out MSM for parroting Dems’ ‘deceptive terminology’
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These so-called "Assault Rifles" are nothing but carbines in a new dress. So, you don't fear the gun, but the stock scares the snot out you all! It's insanity on parade.

As for this ridiculous fear of handguns with LCCs... I got news for you. With a little practice a person with a revolver and quick loaders can move a lot of FMC down range.

Last edited by steven_h; 07-17-2014 at 01:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies