U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:02 PM

12,300 posts, read 7,940,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Anyone who needs more than 10 rounds is a loser.
Anyone who wants to protest more than 15 minutes is a loser.

If you can't get your point across in 15 minutes you should just go home.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 06:03 PM

9,427 posts, read 5,752,889 times
Quote:
And your reasoning for the is?

And why do we care what people like you think about use?

Old 07-17-2014, 06:03 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,834,889 times
Quote:
Never been in a firefight huh?

Old 07-17-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You can't yell "water" or anything else in a movie theater. That has absolutely nothing to do with the 1st.

The 1st protects someone from being harassed by the government for speaking out in support of the 2nd.

Unfortunately, our current regime doesn't respect either.
Yeah Theaters are not places to yell anything other then "Bruce Willes is Dead!" at the begin of the 6 Sense just to **** people off and ruin their fun.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
There are no violations of rights, unless that is proven to be the case.
Really?

So if they said the government can legally kill people named bobtn for no reason at all at anytime, anywhere would that not be a violation of your right to a trial.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:08 PM

177 posts, read 268,331 times
Default Illinois and Chicago Strictest Gun Laws on Books and Highest crime rate

Just so the people out of state are informed Illinois already requires every legal gun owner to have a FOID card (Firearms Owners Identification) Issued and controlled by the State Police You must have and carry the card to possess either Firearms or Ammunition in the state if you are a resident. Chicago has at the point of sale inside the city an ordnance registering the ownership of any firearm. If you move to the city you need to fill out one for every firearm. They had a Ban on the new ownership and sale of all handguns until that was turned over by the Supreme Court. From 1968 till about two years ago.

None of these laws even put a dent on the gangbangers who create the real problem. What is needed is a zero tolerance for Gangs using guns Everyone goes to jail and stays there. If the gun is discharged in a crime Any crime other than traffic law( speeding, redlights, parking, etc) you are in jail for a long time on the first offence no Bail No plea bargain.

Again the gangbangers cannot legally own a firearm because the FOID law says that felons cannot own firearms.

There are enough laws on the books already what we need is some enforcement from the police District Attorneys, and the courts with the politicians willing to fully fund the correctional system to keep them there.

Maybe we should send them to GETMO and let them escape to Cuba

Old 07-17-2014, 06:16 PM

11,370 posts, read 18,573,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Previously owned guns are grandfathered in. No one is coming to your house to take any assault rifle which you have legally purchased before the governor signs this order, if it ever gets to his desk.

Now, if you want to go and buy a new one, it would depend greatly on what wording was used in the law, once passed.
The only thing that makes a "assault rifle" more lethal or more firepower IS magazine size. I don't support mag size bans but why ban a certain rifle when it is no more lethal or having fire power if you reduce the mag size?

FAL in .308 with a 10 round magazine VS a Remington 7400 .308 with a ten round magazine and what do you have?, the same thing yet the FAL is labeled a "assault rifle" and the 7400 is labeled a "hunting rifle.

The answer to that question is because anti gunners see it as a way to ban a certain type of gun no matter the logic or truth of it and then the politicians can claim they made us safer and the no nothings staring at them will believe them.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:20 PM

22,134 posts, read 9,412,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Disarming law abiding citizens while increasing the number of welfare queens as they pump out more kids we cant afford..

Leftist truly are mentally ill and have to be helped.

I notice that you make broad sweeping generalizations quite often, and yet provide nothing to back it up. Big deal--an 8-year-old can do that.

Please provide sources and examples for your profoundly idiotic assertions. I bet you your own personal arsenal you cannot. Also please do point out where the constitution gives anyone the right to own assault rifles, automatic weapons or anything more than a musket.

Please explain who these welfare queens are. Are they the corporations that pay no taxes due to corporate welfare and loopholes? Aren't you paying for them also? Please tell us which kids YOU are paying for that YOU cannot afford. Please explain why you do not understand the use of punctuation while you're at it.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

I notice that you make broad sweeping generalizations quite often, and yet provide nothing to back it up. Big deal--an 8-year-old can do that.

Please provide sources and examples for your profoundly idiotic assertions. I bet you your own personal arsenal you cannot. Also please do point out where the constitution gives anyone the right to own assault rifles, automatic weapons or anything more than a musket.

Please explain who these welfare queens are. Are they the corporations that pay no taxes due to corporate welfare and loopholes? Aren't you paying for them also? Please tell us which kids YOU are paying for that YOU cannot afford. Please explain why you do not understand the use of punctuation while you're at it.
Coming from you that is a riot..I needed a good laugh. Thank you.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Arms is defined as the following.
weapons and ammunition; armaments.
"they were subjugated by force of arms"
synonyms: weapons, weaponry, firearms, guns, ordnance, artillery, armaments, munitions, matériel.

Rights are not capped via the limits of technology at the time of the signing/ratification of the Constitution.

I guess by your logic since women and blacks did not have the right to vote on June 21, 1788 they dont have the right to vote.

My rights do not stagnant or contract but expend as technology advances, the internet, cellphones, and firearms are all proof of this.

Who are the welfare queens, poor, uneducated women who think they can make a life living on the entitlement system.

Are some corporations not paying taxes do to loopholes hell yeah there are, who put those loopholes in to being with? Blame Congress, you are blaming people for wanting to keep more of their own money and you call them greedy?

I pay taxes for gas and food, that is all. Try taxing Bitcoins and sliver.

I am 23 and I dont have any kids.

Yes that is right attack me and my grammar and not change the subject.

Last edited by gunlover; 07-17-2014 at 07:08 PM..

Old 07-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 16 days ago)

18,883 posts, read 12,150,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How do criminals get guns?

Well they buy them legally, or from someone who bought them legally, usually.

I don't believe assault weapons bans make any sense individually. The mag size reduction I support.

I've seen live gun fights between gang members. They didn't fire more then 10 rounds between all of them, running the other direction is what they do. Mag size is not about gangs, or criminals. Its about mass murderers and people who feel they need to protect themselves from the Federal Government by force, if necessary.

Well I think restricting the magazine size so that when someone walks into a movie theater, they have to reload a few more times, adding precious seconds for some survivors and police to arrive on the scene.

The folks who think they are protecting themselves against the federal government, well, assault rifles don't stop tanks, bombs, and missiles. It won't stop an artillery round dropping on your head from 2 miles away. It won't stop anything the federal government has at its disposal. So if the army decides to side with the government, you're screwed, deal with it. No amount of magazines with 50 rounds is going to save you.

What other parts of the Bill of Rights do you want to edit or eliminate?

1. The North Vietnamese and Viet Cong defeated the US with mostly conventional arms.

2. Tanks, bombs, missiles and WMDs are of no use in guerilla fighting (see Vietnam, Ukraine in WW2, Cuban revolution, and Cambodia).

3. Large cap magazines? I like them. Why? They are more fun.

4. I can build large cap magazines (as can anyone with a modest ability at metal working) in my shop at my farm using small cap magazines.

5. Criminals DO NOT buy guns from legal owners. Do you really think that the Mexican gangs go to local gunshops, gunshows, and bum a few guns from legal gun owners????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies