Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 07:44 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,812,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Former cnn host piers morgan reacted with his typical barbs.

'president obama massively dropped the ball just now,' morgan tweeted. '23 americans killed and he says "it looks like a terrible tragedy" then back to jokes?'

'i agree,' responded singer josh groban. 'bad prep. I was shocked.'

national review reporter charles cooke tweeted: 'shorter obama: 'something awful has happened with a plane. It’s awful. Awful. republicans are bastards for not funding new airports".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,219,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Who was it that directly used the deaths of four Americans to solicit donations?
Are you refering to using the example of Benghazi to remove politicians like Hillary Clinton from the political stage? The same woman who stood in front of those caskets and lied through her teeth?

Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,364,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Is there ANY tragedy that would stop him from fund raising?

The day after Benghazi, he flew to LV as an example.

I know that I'll get blowback from obamatrons about this, but please show me proof of any other president who was so disengaged.
With all due respect, I don't know how old you are, but for God's sake, the issue of campaign finance reform and of Presidents having to constantly attend fundraisers has been a major political issue at least from the Nixon Administration. Posters like yourself really need to crack open a history book or ask your teacher about it.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are not privy to all that transpires, did you know he spoke to Putin today and raised the sanctions on Russia before this even happened. Where were you when the pro-Russian Ukrainians shot down 3 Ukrainian transports earlier this week.

Yet another good reason for taxpayer funding for candidates, let them spend more time governing and less time raising money.
Apparently some of the reporters at CNN were left shaking their heads as well.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:53 PM

15,435 posts, read 10,359,984 times
Obama has left the building.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:58 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,117,456 times
The only thing obama knows is political fund raising.

Since his presidency started he has shown no personal initiative, everything he does is determined by how many votes his actions will get him.

He has done nothing for the good of the country.

And just think, all us American taxpayers are paying for his money raisers...

Old 07-17-2014, 08:08 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,532,718 times
On CNN they seemed embarrassed and didn't know what to say about Obama going through with fundraising...

More and more Dem. are seeing what we expected but in our wildest imagination couldn't have thought it would even be worse.

With Reid stating the boarders are safe and secured...I wonder is there a new movie out... Reid, Pelosi and Obama flew over the C....nest!

Something seem to be missing with them and I can only start to feel sorry for them since this is really embarrassing.

Obama was evening laughing and smirking minutes after the remarks he made about the plane gone down and so many life's lost...really?

It is seems none of the 23 could have been his son!!!!

Joking about Biden and about being sued!! Maybe some kind of mental issue when it comes down to fiction and reality and being aware of his surroundings.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:11 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,174,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Is there ANY tragedy that would stop him from fund raising?

The day after Benghazi, he flew to LV as an example.

I know that I'll get blowback from obamatrons about this, but please show me proof of any other president who was so disengaged.
I'm not sure what your complaint is exactly. The people on the right cheered the Citizens United decision, so now money is even more important than it was before and politicians of both parties have to spend as much time as they can raising as much as they can.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:28 PM

56,850 posts, read 25,780,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Apparently some of the reporters at CNN were left shaking their heads as well.
They are all out fundraising, he is most certainly not alone. It doesn't mean you are out of touch but it doesn't play well with current events.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are all out fundraising, he is most certainly not alone. It doesn't mean you are out of touch but it doesn't play well with current events.
He is the leader of our country. Sometimes, perception matters more than reality. He needs to realize when something looks bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies