Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

I seriously don't know what Obama should have done this AM. Stopped the world so he could personally fly over with a flag and a bald eagle and studied the plane wreckage?

Frankly, I'm disgusted by posts on the forum today. More than usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
lol disgusted by posts here yet perfectly fine with a President who time after time fails to show leadership or be engaged, especially after horrible incidents.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:39 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I've kept up on that Delaware Bridge since they had to close it. Do you know why it was in danger of collapsing and had to be closed? For years a contractor had a deal that allowed him to dump dirt on the island at the base of the bridge. He kept piling more and more dirt, finally right up against the bridge supports. Eventually the land underneath compressed and the bridge began to lean. That's why it was closed.
Obama was obviously caught off guard and spoke off the cuff today in Delaware. He fumbled through it but apparently had no idea what was going on.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:40 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I've kept up on that Delaware Bridge since they had to close it. Do you know why it was in danger of collapsing and had to be closed? For years a contractor had a deal that allowed him to dump dirt on the island at the base of the bridge. He kept piling more and more dirt, finally right up against the bridge supports. Eventually the land underneath compressed and the bridge
began to lean. That's why it was closed.
Obama was obviously caught off guard and spoke off the cuff today in Delaware. He fumbled through it but apparently had no idea what was going on.
Does he ever seem to know what's going on or really care?

Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I seriously don't know what Obama should have done this AM. Stopped the world so he could personally fly over with a flag and a bald eagle and studied the plane wreckage?

Frankly, I'm disgusted by posts on the forum today. More than usual.
Ditto. Bush sat for 7 minutes talking to kids after the first tower was hit on 9/11. How in the world would it have been better for him to panic, run for cover, and start threatening the world at the instant he was told? Today was an analigious situation. By continuing with the event as scheduled, and starting off by mentioning the connection between Biden and Delaware, our president was NOT panicking ahead of having all the facts. How in the world would it have been better for him to panic, run for cover, and start threatening the world at the instant he was told?

Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Hilarious! You ask a dumb question, and then call someone else a fool. Too much. Check into how other industrial nations finance election. Maybe then, you won't be so excited in demonstrating foolishness.
Maybe you can take your partisan blinders off and realize that the complaint isn't that he raised funds, it is that he raises funds at inappropriate times.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:56 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Is there ANY tragedy that would stop him from fund raising?

The day after Benghazi, he flew to LV as an example.

I know that I'll get blowback from obamatrons about this, but please show me proof of any other president who was so disengaged.
Community organizer raises funds.

Presidents preside.

At least he has something to do when he is not president anymore but it doesn't make me feel better about our chances of still having a country if he keeps this up for two more years. Get these people out of our country first, delegate. Then call a meeting of world leaders and figure out what to do with the bullies in the world.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:01 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Maybe you can take your partisan blinders off and realize that the complaint isn't that he raised funds, it is that he raises funds at inappropriate times.
The event was just minutes after the tragedy today. To expect it to be cancelled with a huge crowd there at the last minute, a crowd who likely had not even heard the news, is absurd.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:08 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
With all due respect, I don't know how old you are, but for God's sake, the issue of campaign finance reform and of Presidents having to constantly attend fundraisers has been a major political issue at least from the Nixon Administration. Posters like yourself really need to crack open a history book or ask your teacher about it.
He's not running again, as he whispered to putin.

Furthermore, EVERY politician will leave the fund raising trail when a disaster happens which effects their constituents.

BTW, I think elections should run for 6 weeks and that Election Day should be Election Day.

Obama raised the most money for his election than any other person before him. Why do you think Wall Street is doing so well?

But this thread was not about raising money.....it's about obama being disinterested in the world around him, to the detriment of America.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:09 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He's not running again, as he whispered to putin.

Furthermore, EVERY politician will leave the fund raising trail when a disaster happens which effects their constituents.

BTW, I think elections should run for 6 weeks and that Election Day should be Election Day.

Obama raised the most money for his election than any other person before him. Why do you think Wall Street is doing so well?

But this thread was not about raising money.....it's about obama being disinterested in the world around him, to the detriment of America.
Still trying to figure out how this effects America, much less individual Americans enough to warrant this ridiculous criticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies