Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 10:43 PM

867 posts, read 909,103 times

Advertisements

Wait, I am genuinely confused, do we, the US, have a missile defense system?

A quick search online and I get, yes, no and a sort of...Sadly, I grew up with the comfort believing we had a highly advanced missile defense system in place...if we don't, this a, "Santa Clause," doesn't exist moment for me If we indeed don't...then why they hell are we paying NASA to look for Ancient Aliens? If we don't, in the next election I'm voting for the person who proposes we actually do this.

So, can someone clarify? Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 10:44 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Whatever your view has been about Obama, it is very clear the rest of the world is seeing him as ineffectual and they will do as they please. For good or bad, the President of the US has to show strength. Obama seems like he just cant wait to get out of office.

You're over-estimating the influence of an American President. An American President doesn't control the actions of militants in Russia, or Israeli's dropping bombs on Palestinian civilians.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:45 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post

A quick search online and I get, yes, no and a sort of...Sadly, I grew up with the comfort believing we had a highly advanced missile defense system in place...if we don't, this a, "Santa Clause," doesn't exist moment for me If we indeed don't...then why they hell are we paying NASA to look for Ancient Aliens? If we don't, in the next election I'm voting for the person who proposes we actually do this.

More like a highly advanced missile offense system that we have used widely in the Middle East.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:49 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You assume that Leftist can learn, they rarely if ever do,
What is wrong with you. What makes you so right about everything. This is part of the problem with republicans...they put everyone down and insult others that don't believe as you do

Old 07-18-2014, 10:50 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
He could stare at Putin like this:

http://scottlaudati.com/wp-content/u...orge-bush2.jpg

Like the missile defense shield that continues to fail testing?
You are aware we have defensive laser that could burn out the engines/fuel tanks of the incoming missiles, counter missiles are so 1980`s..

But hey lets waste money on foreign aid and welfare to illegals, right?

Make the case against it...

Old 07-18-2014, 10:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post

The missile defense shield is "in development", but continues to fail testing. From what I recall they have been tinkering with the prototypes since Reagan.

$40-billion missile defense system proves unreliable - LA Times

Old 07-18-2014, 10:56 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
You are aware we have defensive laser that could burn out the engines/fuel tanks of the incoming missiles, counter missiles are so 1980`s..

But hey lets waste money on foreign aid and welfare to illegals, right?
Tell that to the military because they are still trying to master ground based defenses.

Quote:
Make the case against it...
It doesn't work.

U.S. GAO - Missile Defense: DOD's Report Provides Limited Insight on Testing Options for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense System

Old 07-18-2014, 10:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
The missile defense shield is "in development", but continues to fail testing. From what I recall they have been tinkering with the prototypes since Reagan.

$40-billion missile defense system proves unreliable - LA Times
So far, nobody's been able to successfully intercept a bullet, traveling at 2.5 times the speed of sound, with another bullet.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What is wrong with you. What makes you so right about everything. This is part of the problem with republicans...they put everyone down and insult others that don't believe as you do
We told you that is you try to appease tyrants they will use your desire for peace as means to undermined you and strike when the moment is right.

What makes us so right? Because for the most part we are about many not all buy many issues and this so clearly one of them.

Weakness invites war...You can talk a rabid dog in to not bite any more then a tyrant into not invading and usurp the rights of others..Its in their nature to do so..

We told you the actions Russia would take, you mocked us, you did not listen now they are funding the nut jobs in Eastern Europe and aiding Iran.

We told you the actions China would take, you mocked us, you did not listen, and they are about to retake islands off Japan.

We told you the actions North Korea would take, you mocked us, you did not listen, and they are now trying to deliver a payload assembly for their missiles, you only do that if you have a weapon to mount on it..

We told you the actions that would happen in Iraq after we left, you mocked us, you did not listen, and now it could be the first terrorist state in the world..

We told you the actions and the consequences that would happen if you left the border open, you mocked us, you did not listen, and now we face more poverty, violent crime, gang members, diseases and a open door to one of 11 major Islamic Groups that have hubs in South America...

We told you, you mocked us, YOU DID NOT LISTEN.

WE WERE RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Tell that to the military because they are still trying to master ground based defenses.

It doesn't work.

U.S. GAO - Missile Defense: DOD's Report Provides Limited Insight on Testing Options for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense System
Do you even understand how a solid state laser works?

Or its countless advantage to in this day and age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies