Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 10:30 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,957,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why do some people have rats in their house and others don't? Eliminate what draws the rats, otherwise you will never get rid of the problem. Attack it from multiple directions. When we catch those illegals seize their assets, tent cities on the border, put them to work building a double layer fence. We literally have an 11 million man work force at our disposal. It is a win win deal.
I agree multiple directions. We and the evil business folks have laws to abide by. The ILLEGALS shun them and run across. So where do we sit? It appears some just think these evil business folks are propping up the ILLEGALS to run so they can hire em. Not true but hey some do hire em. The dream and all. I want US citizens to have the "dream" not some illegals. Do it legally and all is well.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:33 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,957,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thank is kind of sick thinking to think we should just torture people.
Get out the water.............

Old 07-19-2014, 10:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,073,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Barbed wire............mine fields............snipers.............alligator trenches. Be cheaper then paying for solyndra to go down........lol
Haha, wow, I hope you are kidding.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:34 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,571,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Gee..who said illegals can get a driver license now, who said illegals are entitled to schooling, who said illegals are entitled to get certain welfare benefits, who said illegals can sue in court, who catches and releases these illegals when the fact is that 90% don't ever show up for their hearing ?

It's not Sanderson Farms doing that is it ?
The States have been educating illegal children, all along. Texas passed a law to charge tuition. SCOTUS struck down the law in 1982.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Stand the military shoulder to shoulder if that is what it takes.

Mexico will stop them in time at their boarder.
Well that would be a huge fiscal waste of money, might as well invade Mexico while we are at it.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:36 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,174,652 times
Quote:
I agree multiple directions. We and the evil business folks have laws to abide by. The ILLEGALS shun them and run across. So where do we sit? It appears some just think these evil business folks are propping up the ILLEGALS to run so they can hire em. Not true but hey some do hire em. The dream and all. I want US citizens to have the "dream" not some illegals. Do it legally and all is well.
And I agree with you. 100% I don't believe the practice of knowingly hiring illegals is as wide spread as many claim, but it is happening and far too much. They do it because the laws are not enforced, it is very difficult to enforce the laws as they are currently written.
Illegals. You will be hard pressed to find anyone who detests them more than I do. My wife is a legal immigrant, now a citizen. My daughter is on a 7 to 10 year waiting list. You better believe I have a very real problem with any idea that rewards illegals. I want them hammered for their crimes.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They fill out the I-9, show their SS card and even have a driver license.
The employer does everything right.

Then 2 years later the Fed comes down and says "you hired an illegal".

Do you know the turnaround time on processing these I-9 forms ?

And California has banned its municipalities from using e-verify.

How to prevent businesses from hiring illegal immigrants - The Washington Post

New California law bars E-Verify requirement for businesses - Los Angeles Times
My wife works for a job that is involved with hiring workers for others and they are really good at spotting illegals and it is actually really easy to weed them out if one wants to.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Get out the water.............
You are too much kiddo.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,281,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The States have been educating illegal children, all along. Texas passed a law to charge tuition. SCOTUS struck down the law in 1982.
That's right..GOVERNMENT. And when any local government (city, state) acts against illegals the Fed comes down with the heavy hand.

Then people blame the states for "allowing" it.

The DOJ sent a memo to all schools this past May regarding the mandatory acceptance of immigrants with no documents and reminding them that they were mandated to educate these children.

Coincidence ?

Old 07-19-2014, 10:38 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,260,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well that would be a huge fiscal waste of money, might as well invade Mexico while we are at it.
You would not have to do it very long.

The Mexicans will seal their southern boarder in a short time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies