Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:07 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,634,634 times

Advertisements

The forces aren't there to kill innocent people although that has occured as well. Anyway, watch http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=630

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Wow! I didn't know we were over there just slaughtering "innocent" people. Last time I checked, its the chicken-zhit insurgents killing civilians.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:08 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
If you want to debate political decisions then feel free to do so. I doubt that you would ever actually engage in a free exhange of ideas though - or consider the facts and perspectives other people present. This kind of posting about not respecting the troops and calling them murderers is tasteless and below any level of discourse deserving of a thoughful response. You pretend to sit on a moral high horse but don't notice that you're operating in the gutter. I doubt that you would be as courageous in your criticism of the military if you were an Iraqi citizen under Saddam. Be thankful that the U.S. military and government thinks it's worth protecting the freedom to post garbage like this.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:11 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Mom2Feebs;2294672]Please feel free to move to another country. That's me being nice, by the way.

Think I'll forward this shameful thread along to my cousin who is on his third tour in Iraq. He's a helicopter pilot for the Army. Doubtful he feels the same way as you--but then he, along with thousands of others through the years, have fought so you can say whatever you want without getting your hands cut off or worse.
When you do forward it, make it clear that SeanMc's views are the left's version of the right's Fred Phelps contingent.

Definitely a fringe opinion when measured against the rest of the population.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:12 PM

129 posts, read 83,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Well they respect you as a U.S. citizen and will fight anyone so you can continue to have the right to post about your hatred for them.
Lol. I like the way you spin "I find it hard to sympathize with them"' into "I hate them". Having a little trouble with reading comprehension, are we?.

The only reason they will "fight anybody" is because they simply have no choice!. That student loan needs to be payed-off. That training as an electronics technician needs to be justified. Plus they're NOT 'fighting for me'. I don't hold an executive position with Halliburton you see.

Why do you think our armed forces targets kids while they're still in high school?. We live in a society that won't let teens buy liquor or cigarrettes but has no qualms about putting an M-16 into their hands and sending them off to "waste us some A-rabs, will ya?". That's because they need to get 'em young while they're still naive. Unquestioning. Dumb.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
When you do forward it, make it clear that SeanMc's views are the left's version of the right's Fred Phelps contingent.

Definitely a fringe opinion when measured against the rest of the population.
So were Jesus's back in 33 A.D.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,340 times
I can understand rationale behind the post.

I spent some time in NYC on business prior to 9/11/00 and found the NYPD and NYFD members I ran into to be arrogant, authoritative, egotistical jerks. Does that describe all of them? No. Does it describe some of them? Yes. I knew there were those who truly respected their position and the people they were hired to protect and/or support.

Now carried over to the military. Are there those who believe in the war we are fighting and have enough respect for life to not want to indiscriminately kill every person who looks “like the enemy” and would truly regret the loss of innocent life? Yes. Are there those serving and feel that the only good iraqi is a dead iraqi? Yes.

The problem is all are supposed to serve with the best interest of the place they represent. However people are people and you do get bad apples in each organization. So the problem is how do you willingly support an organization when it has bad members that put such a bad mark on the organization?

1 - Do you support it and look the other way on negative issues? 2 - Do you not support it and then lump the good ones with the bad? 3 - Or do you find a delicate but shifting balance of support where it is needed and demand change where it is needed?

Unfortunately I think the most vocal people fall within category 1 or 2. Which is a problem because I think 3 is more appropriate. Either way it all depends on what makes people sleep easier at night, but I don’t feel blind faith to 1 or 2 is effective.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:19 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMc View Post
So were Jesus's back in 33 A.D.
He might not appreciate your comparing yourself with Him....be careful !!

Old 12-19-2007, 03:21 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Lol. I like the way you spin "I find it hard to sympathize with them"' into "I hate them". Having a little trouble with reading comprehension, are we?.
From your description of a murdering douchebag that voluntarily commits atrocities to my use of the word hatred is obviously not a direct quote, but it's not a big leap.

Quote:
The only reason they will "fight anybody" is because they simply have no choice!. That student loan needs to be payed-off. That training as an electronics technician needs to be justified. Plus they're NOT 'fighting for me'. I don't hold an executive position with Halliburton you see.
They signed up not knowing what they might face and agreed to fight anyone that presents a danger to us. The other comment you make is blind ideology.

Quote:
Why do you think our armed forces targets kids while they're still in high school?. We live in a society that won't let teens buy liquor or cigarrettes but has no qualms about putting an M-16 into their hands and sending them off to "waste us some A-rabs, will ya?". That's because they need to get 'em young while they're still naive. Unquestioning. Dumb.
Disgraceful!

Old 12-19-2007, 03:22 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:

Wow, well, I bet the youth of America appreciates you calling them dumb.

FYI, the reason our country wants to recruit young men is because they're in TOP PHYSICAL FORM and--BIG ONE HERE, try to keep up--many don't have wives and children.

I know it's hard, but think about it. Try not to strain yourself.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well guess what, a lot those people who volunteer for the military do it out Duty, Honor, Service and Patriotism! Things that you obviously have no comprehension of. So while you sit your little punk ass behind your cozy little computer, they are signing up to make sure that you are always free to call them degrading names and disrespect them, on places like this!! Real easy to make chicken sh*t remarks when your not face to face, I can only hope that you will have that opportunity with an army ranger or navy seal sometime soon!!
Duty, Honor, Service and Patriotism. You forgot to add Gott Mitt Uns.

How easy it is to get people to commit the most abject atrocities as long as you can convince them into believing they're doing it for the above reasons.
Some executive at Halliburton is probably smoking a big fat cigar right now and laughing at your innocence while he reads your brainwashed remarks;

"Hey Dick, pass me the fois-gras, look! these dunces still believe the crap we're feedin' 'em!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies