U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2014, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Los Awesome, CA
8,520 posts, read 5,015,076 times
Reputation: 3304

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The good news is that Japan is not a politically correct nation. This beautiful country (America) has been ruined by political correctness and liberals.
No, this beautiful country was and is being ruined by neo-conservatives. Does the Confederacy and Tea Party ring a bell for you???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2014, 07:06 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,913,756 times
Reputation: 23222
Welfare should be for legal residents of that country only. Think about someone moving themselves into your house and then expecting you to take care of them. Expecting another country to take care of you when you are not even a citizen is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2014, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,120,484 times
Reputation: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The good news is that Japan is not a politically correct nation. This beautiful country (America) has been ruined by political correctness and liberals.
do you understand the difference? do you? wow. japan is a homogeneous culture and have always been in modern history. even if the united states was just varying groups of Europeans and the native americans they stole from, it still would not be a homogeneous country and it would still have people from many different cultural backgrounds. what is "politically correct" about letting immigrants into America like we always have? what is "politically correct" about giving social services to immigrants who become citizens or their children who are citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2014, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,120,484 times
Reputation: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Welfare should be for legal residents of that country only. Think about someone moving themselves into your house and then expecting you to take care of them. Expecting another country to take care of you when you are not even a citizen is wrong.
children of undocumented immigrants are citizens, so they can have welfare. you will deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2014, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,386 posts, read 20,172,927 times
Reputation: 13055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
children of undocumented immigrants are citizens, so they can have welfare. you will deal.
and you will too unless you don't pay tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2014, 10:00 PM
 
2,875 posts, read 1,667,928 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
do you understand the difference? do you? wow. japan is a homogeneous culture and have always been in modern history. even if the united states was just varying groups of Europeans and the native americans they stole from, it still would not be a homogeneous country and it would still have people from many different cultural backgrounds. what is "politically correct" about letting immigrants into America like we always have? what is "politically correct" about giving social services to immigrants who become citizens or their children who are citizens?
The US has restricted immigration to this country many times in history. Immigrants haven't always been allowed into the country.

And social services are not a right. They are a privilege paid for and granted by the citizens of a country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2014, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Maryland about 20 miles NW of DC
6,111 posts, read 5,085,172 times
Reputation: 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Step in the right direction. Next they should come to terms with the fact that citizen or not, no one is entitled to someone elses money.

You probably pine for the days when a Japanese Samrai could behead somebody lower than his station in life to see if his sword needed to sent out for sharpening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,514,093 times
Reputation: 4230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
children of undocumented immigrants are citizens, so they can have welfare. you will deal.
That law needs to be abolished ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2014, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Ohio
19,977 posts, read 14,273,166 times
Reputation: 16154
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Interesting ruling it doesn't prevent foreigners from getting welfare just says they have no recourse if they are denied.
I nominate them for the US Supreme Court.

Glad someone has common sense....

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2014, 11:43 AM
 
7,190 posts, read 2,543,214 times
Reputation: 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That law needs to be abolished ASAP.
Unless you can pass a Constitutional Amendment, it won't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top