Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times

Advertisements

I don't question their patriotism; I deny its existence. :-)

Old 07-25-2014, 04:50 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don't question their patriotism; I deny its existence. :-)
I was going to say the same thing about conservatives and Republicans. Weird.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:53 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Tradition doesn't equal better. Interracial marriage used to be a no-no because of "tradition". Slavery was a tradition, for most of recorded history, too.

Religion has no place in government.

The government also should not be telling me that I am moral or immoral. It's funny, because the same people who claim to be for small government, always want to legislate our bedrooms, TVs, computers, game consoles, and music.
Yeah Founders say other wise..

John Adams
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Second President of the United States

[i]t is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of a free constitution is pure virtue.

[W]e have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. . . . Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

John Quincy Adams

Sixth President of the United States

The law given from Sinai was a civil and municipal as well as a moral and religious code; it contained many statutes . . . of universal application-laws essential to the existence of men in society, and most of which have been enacted by every nation which ever professed any code of laws.

Samuel Adams

Signer of the Declaration of Independence

[N]either the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.

Benjamin Franklin

Signer of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence

[O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

Thomas Jefferson

Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Third President of the United States

Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act. And never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing, however slightly so it may appear to you. Whenever you are to do a thing, though it can never be known but to yourself, ask yourself how you would act were all the world looking at you, and act accordingly. Encourage all your virtuous dispositions, and exercise them whenever an opportunity arises, being assured that they will gain strength by exercise, as a limb of the body does, and that exercise will make them habitual. From the practice of the purest virtue, you may be assured you will derive the most sublime comforts in every moment of life, and in the moment of death.

We dont, those are Neo Cons...

Old 07-25-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Of course we want to redesign America in a way unrecognizable to prior generations. Why would I want to remember slavery, trail of tears, Japanese internment, housing segregation, Jim Crow, and the other atrocities this country had in the past?

Progressivism is about improving the country. This country is far from perfect. Yes, I have an animosity towards people who truly think America is perfect.
You are aware all of those actions were caused and supported by the Democratic Party..Right?

and like a true leftist you only see the few bad things and ignore the many great things the people of this nation has done for themselves, each other and the people of the world..

We Invented the first Submarine
We Invented the Assembly line
We Harnessed Electricity
We Massed proceed the Model T
We Invented powered Flight
We Harnessed the power of the Atom
We Fought and won Two World Wars
We Broke the Sound Barrier
We Landed on the Moon
We Mapped the Human Genome
We Invented the Internet

What do we have to be ashamed about? We have done this in the last 235 years We're less than 300 years old. We are younger than nations that have been on this planet for thousands of years. We, nevertheless, in less than 300 years -- by the way, we're no different than any other human beings around the world. Our DNA is no different. We're not better just because we're born in America. There's nothing that sets us apart. How did this happen? How did the United States of America become the world's lone super power, the world's economic engine, the most prosperous opportunity for an advanced lifestyle that humanity has ever known? How did this happen?

Because Liberty Works, Free Men, Free Minds, Free Markets, A Safe and Predicable, A System that Protects Property Rights, A Government with Strict Limits on its Power, And a Well-Armed Citizenry to Preserve the Means of Keeping and in some cases Restoring Liberty from Tyranny has Produced Such Success, It Should Be Self-Evident.

What would you have us do?

Give up on, abandon the American Revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves?

To surrender all our Forefathers fought and gave their lives to protect?

To surrender the most precious gift, liberty?

To surrender the most effective means of protecting our liberty lives, and prosperity, against all enemies both foreign and domestic, an armed citizenry protect by law under then 2nd Amendment.

Really?

How is expending the government so it infects every aspects of our lives a improvement?

How is creating a never ending maze of regulations about even the smallest things a improvement?

How is increasing the debt and stealing from future generations a improvement?

How is forcing children into failing and failed schools while denying them school vouchers a improvement?

How is creating more fiat currency and therefore reducing the value of the money in the hands of the people a improvement?

How is rewarding millions of person who have entered this nation illegally a improvement?

Old 07-25-2014, 05:23 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
I question the patriotism of liberals and Democrats.

I have been questioning that for a few years now.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I was going to say the same thing about conservatives and Republicans. Weird.
Your side is fighting to keep the border open.

Your side is fighting to limit the ability of self defense of the American People.

Your side is fighting to block America from using its own vast resources.

Your side is fighting school vouchers.

Your side is fighting State Rights.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:37 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
No.

Quote:
Your side is fighting to limit the ability of self defense of the American People.
No

Quote:
No

Quote:
Not sure what that even has to do with patriotism

Quote:
That one is funny

Old 07-25-2014, 05:39 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:

I could make just as long of a list for the other side as well. That doesn't make them unpatriotic. It just means they have a different opinion then you.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Tell that to the members of the military who are Democrats.

I'm a combat vet and a liberal.

I love it when somebody questions the patriotism of roughly half the country without a modicum of facts. It seems to happen a lot in C-D.

Liberals love this country just as much as you or any conservative, Emigrations. You need to get out more and actually talk to people.
Considering the fact that the OP has not responded to repeated requests to tell us what HE has done for his country............. I question his patriotism. Seems fair.

The people who make these types of proclamations about patriotism are usually the people who think the other guy is supposed to do the heavy lifting.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:50 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:

How is expending the government so it infects every aspects of our lives a improvement?

World English Dictionary
expend (ɪkˈspɛnd) — vb 1. to spend; disburse 2. to consume or use up

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies