Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 11:07 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,224,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
No, he believed if he signed the Simpson-Mazzoli Act he dems would uphold their end of the deal to secure the border and approve funding for a fence..That never happened..

Reagan was and is not Messiah to our side he was at best a moderate, and at worst a Neo Con.

The dems deliberately did not not up hold their side of the deal, that was their intent to add millions of new entitlement voters to their ranks..
LOL. These folks would not be given citizenships under most proposed bills. So there goes the voters thing.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:21 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,730,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There was no provision to build a fence in that law, You are arguing revisionist history to blame dems and it isnt going to work.

Also you are indeed a xenophobe trying to label anyone who is illegal as a entitlement voter.
It is not "revisionist" history, if you would bother to google it you would see I am in the right..But you wont, will you?

Facts and Stats say they are..I guess that are "xenophobic"

Scope and Impact of Welfare Reform's Immigrant Provisions, The

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-for-newly-le/

Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children | Center for Immigration Studies

Immigrants and Welfare Use | migrationpolicy.org

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.or.../cj32n1-11.pdf

Immigrant Welfare: The New Colossus | National Review Online

Cost of Unlawful Immigrants to the U.S. Taxpayers

Will Amnestied Illegal Aliens Bankrupt New Jersey and California? | FrontPage Magazine

High Welfare Use by US Immigrants - Disabled World

Conservative group pegs cost of 'path to citizenship' at $6.3T - First Read

Make the case on why America should bankrupt itself for people who are breaking the law and taking out and will always take out more then they put in, who actively support the same failures and values that destroyed their home countries?

6.3 trillion..$6,300,000,000,000,000 Sorry, but this nation or any nation cant not, would, should not, and will not foot that bill...Deal with it.

And we do not have xenophobe, you just have xenophilia which means an affection for unknown/foreign objects or peoples.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
LOL. These folks would not be given citizenships under most proposed bills. So there goes the voters thing.
"The border is more secure now then it has been"

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, if you like your health care plan you can keep you healthcare plan..Period"

Yeah I dont believe anything The dems or the Neo Cons say..But if you wish to believe them, your loss is their gain.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:33 PM

62,736 posts, read 28,944,698 times
There were no open borders to those who came through Ellis Island. They were screened for criminality, deseases, etc. They had to have something to offer this country, there were no welfare programs and we didn't have 320 million people already here. We needed tradesmen and manual laborers. We don't today.

Since when are those of us alive today responsible for what our ancestors did or didn't do? I'm only responsible for my own actions.

No, we aren't deporting record numbers of immigrants. Obama admitted himself that those numbers were skewered. That along with him instructing Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they have a "convicted" criminal record and his DACA by EO and his record is dismal.

Kids escaping certain death? Don't make me laugh! These so-called kids and their parents got wind of Obama's lax enforcement policies and the 2008 refugee law implemented by Bush and they came running in hordes. Only those who had ties to the drug cartels and gangs might be in danger of death. One in fifteen Hondurans are being killed? Where's the link to that nonsense? Nada, zilch!

Why don't they seek refuge in another Hispanic country? What are we the flop house to the whole world? How is this humane to our own citizens? Oh I forgot, they don't count with liberals and ethnocentrics.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:42 PM

62,736 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No it doesnt, if you are shooting at a robber and you accicently hit your wife who is being held at gun point, then your intent isnt to shoot your wife even though that is the end result.

If you cut taxes because you believe in ludwig von mises more than John Maynard Keynes and your country slips into a recession, your intention wasnt to cause a recession.

The worst part about this is the last time someone did try amnesty, it was a republican president and the world didnt end.
That's because there were only 3 million amnestied at that time and our economy wasn't in the tank like it is today. We have a shortage of jobs and resources today. Look at what amnestying 3 million did. Now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. When does it stop? We were promised that the Reagan amnesty would be the last one. What difference does it make what party affiliation the president had at that time? Reagan was wrong and so would it have been wrong if a Democrat president had signed that amnesty.

"The world didn't end". Oh the drama here. Well it certainly encouraged many more to come here, didn't it? If it doesn't stop our country will end as we know it.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:55 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,646,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I'm 28 and many of my family members were Democrats, but these were mostly older Democrats, many of whom were veterans. Most were Democrats because the Democrats were for the "little guy," and I always thought they generally had the nation's best interests at heart.

Today I see many Democrats who seem to want to redesign America in such a way as to make it unrecognizable to prior generations. They seem to have animosity toward, even hatred of, the way the country is.

It seems the left has become more anti-American over the last few years. How do you feel?
The republicans oppose welfare, high min wages, tax credits for low income workers, tax cuts for the middle class, helping middle class home foreclosure victims, healthcare for all (while the democrats support all those programs that help the poor and middle class.)

Republicans only support "supply side tax cuts" like these,
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

Republicans (literally) block tax cuts for the middle class.
Senate Republicans Block Middle Class Tax Cut

And republicans block all tax cuts and aid to small businesses.
GOP Blocks Senate Small-Business Tax Cut Bill : Roll Call News
Senate Republicans Block Small Business Aid Bill - DailyFinance

If your a rich CEO I can understand you voting republican, because republicans give the richest Americans and large corporations tax cuts.

But if your poor, middle class, or a small business owner why would you vote republican?

Old 07-26-2014, 03:04 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,218,937 times
Quote:
We need to stop being two-faced. The vast majority of Americans came from Ancestors who took this land by force and took advantage of open borders with no immigration laws via Ellis Island. All we did was process millions of immigrants. So please, don't lecture me.

We are deporting record numbers of people, #1.

The problem at hand today is really about kids escaping certain death. Would you feel safe keeping you kid in a country were 1 in 15 people are killed? Think about it.

This is a refugee and humanitarian issue. SIMPLE.

Then caring for people is being unpatriotic. Yeah, whatever.
The ironic thing about this "crisis" is that the USA is in a good part responsible for it. During the 80s there were wars in Central America that the US became involved in--openly and covertly, as usual for those days. These wars sent refugees north and some ended up in LA where they ended up in gangs. The gang members were then deported back to Central America where they continued their lawlessness and have created an atmosphere of danger that the families of these kids are trying to help their children escape.

How about the USA take a look at how their policies helped to create this situation and try to do the right thing. It's totally irresponsible for the US to say now--our hands are clean and these kids should be punished.

People are always talking about what a great country this is--how great is it to make messes around the world and then ignore them? People don't seem to care about the implications of US policies. No wonder the US is not very well respected around the world. And stop blaming Obama--the seeds for this crisis were planted under Reagan. How about some intelligent answers rather than punishment for victims of US policies? Does this country have no responsibility at all for its actions?

American-Born Gangs Helping Drive Immigrant Crisis at U.S. Border

American-Grown Gangs Fuel Immigration Crisis From Central America - NBC News

Old 07-26-2014, 03:09 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,936,526 times
Quote:
We need to stop being two-faced. The vast majority of Americans came from Ancestors who took this land by force and took advantage of open borders with no immigration laws via Ellis Island. All we did was process millions of immigrants. So please, don't lecture me.

We are deporting record numbers of people, #1.

The problem at hand today is really about kids escaping certain death. Would you feel safe keeping you kid in a country were 1 in 15 people are killed? Think about it.

This is a refugee and humanitarian issue. SIMPLE.

Then caring for people is being unpatriotic. Yeah, whatever.
GREAT post.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=4

Old 07-26-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The republicans oppose welfare, high min wages, tax credits for low income workers, tax cuts for the middle class, helping middle class home foreclosure victims, healthcare for all (while the democrats support all those programs that help the poor and middle class.)

Republicans only support "supply side tax cuts" like these,
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

Republicans (literally) block tax cuts for the middle class.
Senate Republicans Block Middle Class Tax Cut

And republicans block all tax cuts and aid to small businesses.
GOP Blocks Senate Small-Business Tax Cut Bill : Roll Call News
Senate Republicans Block Small Business Aid Bill - DailyFinance

If your a rich CEO I can understand you voting republican, because republicans give the richest Americans and large corporations tax cuts.

But if your poor, middle class, or a small business owner why would you vote republican?
Because I dont want more obstacle in my way..

What is wrong with allowing people to keep more of their money?

Keep posting the same propagandic links, no one cares and are seeing leftist and Neo Cons as the statist they so very clearly are.

Last edited by gunlover; 07-26-2014 at 04:33 PM..

Old 07-26-2014, 04:18 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,936,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Because I dont want more obstetrical in my way..

ob•stet•ri•cal

1. of or pertaining to the care and treatment of women in childbirth and during the period before and after delivery.
2. of or pertaining to childbirth or obstetrics

obstetrical - definition of obstetrical by The Free Dictionary

I had no idea the treatment of women in childbirth was such a vital issue to you (sar).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.