U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 04:11 PM

4,709 posts, read 3,483,690 times

Advertisements

The Obama Administration's latest twink, Press Secretary Josh "NotSo" Earnest, stepped into it today when he criticized the Washington Post for its reliance on anonymous sources.

"You criticize anonymous sources but we have anonymous sources from you every day," one reporter said. "How can you criticize that when that's what you basically give us every day, except for the briefing?"

Earnest responded sarcastically.

"Except for the briefing? Except for the fact that I've been standing here for over an hour answering all of your questions?" he said.

Earnest insisted his complaint wasn't about the practice of anonymous sources, but rather the weight of those sources within the individual stories. The Washington Post story in question — which documents early information President Barack Obama's administration had on the humanitarian crisis of undocumented children streaming across the Mexican border — included a mix of on-record and anonymous sources.

"I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't run their story," Earnest said. "They're entirely entitled to doing that. What I think is important is that greater weight should be granted to those who are willing to put a face and a name with specific claims. Cecilia Muñoz, who's the president's top immigration adviser, is in that story conveying exactly the White House position."

Amazing that the least transparent administration in history is questioning the same media who was responsible for putting the least transparent administration in history in the Blight House.

Well played, Josh "Earnest".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 04:21 PM

22,496 posts, read 16,657,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
The Obama Administration's latest twink, Press Secretary Josh "NotSo" Earnest, stepped into it today when he criticized the Washington Post for its reliance on anonymous sources.

"You criticize anonymous sources but we have anonymous sources from you every day," one reporter said. "How can you criticize that when that's what you basically give us every day, except for the briefing?"

Earnest responded sarcastically.

"Except for the briefing? Except for the fact that I've been standing here for over an hour answering all of your questions?" he said.

Earnest insisted his complaint wasn't about the practice of anonymous sources, but rather the weight of those sources within the individual stories. The Washington Post story in question — which documents early information President Barack Obama's administration had on the humanitarian crisis of undocumented children streaming across the Mexican border — included a mix of on-record and anonymous sources.

"I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't run their story," Earnest said. "They're entirely entitled to doing that. What I think is important is that greater weight should be granted to those who are willing to put a face and a name with specific claims. Cecilia Muñoz, who's the president's top immigration adviser, is in that story conveying exactly the White House position."

Amazing that the least transparent administration in history is questioning the same media who was responsible for putting the least transparent administration in history in the Blight House.

Well played, Josh "Earnest".
LOL, yeah, so they know who to go after.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-21-2014 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 07-21-2014, 04:28 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,194,328 times
Well maybe they would put a name and a face to their statements if they hadn't been scared off by the administration with threats of termination and criminal charges.

They were putting their names to the statements until their bosses cracked down on them.

So right back at ya Josh.....

Old 07-21-2014, 04:41 PM

11,074 posts, read 6,942,825 times
I can't think of a group of people who deserve everything they get from the Liar in Chief more than today's 'Reporters'.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:44 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,817,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I can't think of a group of people who deserve everything they get from the Liar in Chief more than today's 'Reporters'.
Reporters? Where? All I have seen for a very long time are propagandists.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:51 PM

23,170 posts, read 11,427,233 times
Quote:
I recommend no one to google the term twink. Why is it the right wing loves to use these gay terms ?

Also, Do you actually disagree with what He said.

anonymous =/= un named.

Unnamed = We have decided not to use the sources name in print.

Anonymous = Someone called us and didnt tell us their name, and they gave us a tip that we can not back up.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:28 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,826,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
LOL, yeah, so they know who to go after. F that whole lying administration.
Right to a point. This lying administration says F the American People, who dare disagree with my stance.

Actually any one who gets in my way! His many supporters, so naïve, buy his bill off sale. But the rest of us get it up the ying yang.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:30 PM

3,667 posts, read 4,182,027 times
"White House Faces Reporter Revolt After Criticizing Media At Briefing"

What we really need is the American people to revolt but that'll never happen when the NSA and FBI are spying on us.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:46 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,771,723 times
Remember, these are not his talking points. He's only parroting what the official White House stance is....ie. Barack Obama's stance.

This is yet another not-so-veiled attempt to silence the media. Not unlike the Administration's direct targeting of James Rosen for pursuing a leaked story. The only difference is the Administration is not brave enough to go after the Washington Post with the same veracity that it did with Fox News.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:10 PM

19,612 posts, read 14,106,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is yet another not-so-veiled attempt to silence the media.
Exactly.

Quote:

"I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't run their story," Earnest said. "They're entirely entitled to doing that. What I think is important is that greater weight should be granted to those who are willing to put a face and a name with specific claims.

A face and a name with specific claims....yeah, so they can be harassed and prosecuted.

I think we've smelled that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
LOL, yeah, so they know who to go after. F that whole lying administration.
I guess he was hoping to change the US to a police state within his 1st 4 years.

Not amused...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or