Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Militia groups should help out as needed as well. Put them where they can keep an eye on the feds at the same time.
Remember The Alamo and Forget Obamo.
What the .................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 01:08 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This is what too many people do not seem to understand. I can't believe how many actually think these kids got here all by themselves with no strings attached.
>>> That's what blew up in the faces of those pushing for immigration reform. They thought by advertising and helping bring these kids up from Central America they'd create a floodgate of emotion where we'd all throw up our hands and demand something be done to help stop the inhumanity.
Well, we've been pushed too far into a corner where now all we can do is worry about our own. And confidence in the government to come up with a solution for even the most minor problem has hit rock bottom.
Kudos for Perry. Now he needs to have those guardsmen kick the feds out since they're not helping the situation.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:58 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Perry Boosts Presidential Stature by Using Troops for No Reason

"By deploying a thousand National Guardsmen to the U.S.-Mexico border, Perry has shown that as President he would be “ready and willing” to use troops without a defined objective, mission, or exit strategy, the aide confirmed.

“Sending troops someplace with no clear idea of why they are going or what they are supposed to be doing once they get there is a key part of the Presidential skill set,” said the aide, Harland Dorrinson. “Rick Perry has just shown that he’s got that nailed down.”

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_2...ts-that-border
Gov. Rick Perry on Monday dismissed reports from border police departments that crime has not risen with the wave of Central American immigrants crossing the border into South Texas, choosing instead to send troops to protect the border.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:11 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
^Yes, because I'm sure the New Yorker is an expert on the topic...

Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why did he wait 14 years? Yes, he has been whining and crying for years, and when people bring up the issue of building a fence, he says he does not want it. He wants tax payer money, the same thing he accuses others for wanting. If he wants the federal government to fix the problem, then he needs to push the Congress to sign the bill, which would authorize the National Guard and Border Patrol on federal dime. He is, and has been behaving like a partisan troll. He is a good example of what this nation DOES NOT need more of.
Look, I'm not much of a Perry fan. He's been our governor for a long time, and I have never voted for him. One thing I'll say for him in this situation is at least he's got this one right, but like all politicians he isn't letting a crisis go to waste.

As for the border fence, I heard Perry say that it would be nice along certain stretches of the border, but surveillance drones are far more effective and cheaper. Not exactly as you characterized it, is it?

Last I checked Rick Perry is not in Congress, so how is he going to push them to sign a bill? Besides, what does that stupid bill have to do with what's happening at the border right now? Not a damn thing! These people are coming in using an anti-human trafficking law as a means of entry and hoping that this Administration will let them go to their families here so they can then disappear into this country and not go to their hearings, where surely it will be discovered that they did not qualify for refugee status in the first place.

Your last two sentences really crack me up. I've never seen a president act more like a partisan troll than the current occupant of the White House. Obama has done a few things that I have liked, but he's petulant, uses his bureaucratic power to punish people, and constantly whines and makes excuses for why things don't get done. Man up! What president hasn't had an opposition party working against him? My feeling is that he caused that opposition to dig in it's heels by not being a true leader or trying to work with them in any way. Obama is the reason Obama can't get things done. I'm so sick of the excuses! I can't wait for him to go off into the sunset and start collecting his million-dollar speakers' fees.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:11 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
>>> That's what blew up in the faces of those pushing for immigration reform. They thought by advertising and helping bring these kids up from Central America they'd create a floodgate of emotion where we'd all throw up our hands and demand something be done to help stop the inhumanity.
Well, we've been pushed too far into a corner where now all we can do is worry about our own. And confidence in the government to come up with a solution for even the most minor problem has hit rock bottom.
Kudos for Perry. Now he needs to have those guardsmen kick the feds out since they're not helping the situation.
Maybe you should credit reformers for the human trafficking and gang activity in central America that created the influx of immigrants, those guys are good.

Kudos to Perry he has once again proven he is challenged.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ah yes..Dems "after the fact" with what Perry "should have done instead".

Davis is supporting him indirectly if you read between the lines.
But we can't have Dems coming out and doing that these days, can we ?

I'm no fan of Perry but the Dem opponent you guys put up for Governor last election made me vote for Perry.
And now you have Davis..a self proclaimed progressive who is trying to act conservative enough to get Texas votes.
I'd vote for Bill White over Wendy Davis any day of the week. In fact, I did vote for Bill White. He was a great mayor and would have been a great governor.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'd vote for Bill White over Wendy Davis any day of the week. In fact, I did vote for Bill White. He was a great mayor and would have been a great governor.
Wendy Davis is a gift from heaven for the republicans in this state. She virtually assures that the governors office will remain republican.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
It's kind of hard to think of this as a humanitarian crisis when there have been no reports of wars or horrible conditions in Central American countries. I can't believe these people didn't think of that first. When they want to push a climate change agenda, there's the news reporting summer weather as if it's something new when the same storms, wildfires, and floods happen every year or at least every few years. The older one gets, the more one sees the weather patterns repeating.

I do feel sorry for these kids and the ordeal they have gone through just getting here, but I do not believe most of them qualify for refugee status.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:05 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I always said that had Anne Richards done her job and sent in National Guardsmen to control the situation at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, it never would have been allowed to escalate into that tragedy.
So Texas has a real Governor who's not afraid to stand up for his citizens. Kudos for Perry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies