Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 02:10 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Pointless waste of money that is accomplishing absolutely nothing. It's just show boating. The Gov. is using his position and tax payer $$$ to campaign.
I'm grateful to Perry for actually doing something unlike our useless president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 02:17 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm grateful to Perry for actually doing something unlike our useless president.
Yes, Perry sent the guard to do nothing, and you call that doing something lol? He's show boating so that he can later claim during the primaries that he sent them there (to do nothing).

Old 07-22-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Yes, Perry sent the guard to do nothing, and you call that doing something lol? He's show boating so that he can later claim during the primaries that he sent them there (to do nothing).
You're assuming a lot. Let's see what they do before calling it political show boating.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You're assuming a lot. Let's see what they do before calling it political show boating.
By law, the national guard can NOT turn them away or send them back lol... Look it up and see for yourself. You're being played for a fool. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:37 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
By law, the national guard can NOT turn them away or send them back lol...
You find it funny. I find it pathetic. I really hope they are coming to a neighborhood near you,
so you can embrace them and take them in. No need to keep turning the southern part of
Texas into a ****hole. We really need to spread it around.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You find it funny. I find it pathetic. I really hope they are coming to a neighborhood near you,
so you can embrace them and take them in. No need to keep turning the southern part of
Texas into a ****hole. We really need to spread it around.
I find it funny that you all are falling for this ploy, and I find it pathetic that Rick would waste tax payers money by pulling this stunt.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:04 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
In my opinion, a better title for this thread is "Rick Perry Declares Himself President of the United States!"

Article IV, section 4 clearly gives the federal government the responsibility to defend our borders.

Yeah yeah I know, no president has done anything at all in over 40 years that I know of. I wonder why that is.

Sometimes when there are those that shirk their responsibility others have to step up.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
I find it funny that you all are falling for this ploy, and I find it pathetic that Rick would waste tax payers money by pulling this stunt.
Have you even been to Texas in your life. Have you seen what goes on down there?
That's the real joke that is being played on the American people. Guess what, folks who live there,
aren't laughing and they are pissed. Enough is enough.

“It’s our responsibility to act independently of the federal government if the federal government failed to do the job it’s required to do,” said Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst (R). “Washington has refused to control our border. I’m mad, and most Texans are mad.”

As many have stated, if the Nat'l Guard does no more than lay on the river banks,
it's more than has been done by D.C. But since they will be doing surveillance, their
role will be more productive than some imagine.

If you really cared about tax payer dollars you would screaming too, instead of
laughing. All that is happening now, is more illegals on the welfare roll.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:33 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
By law, the national guard can NOT turn them away or send them back lol... Look it up and see for yourself. You're being played for a fool. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Maybe they will be there as a show of force. Or to take over help with the humanitarian aspects so the border patrol can get back to their actual purpose.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Or to take over help with the humanitarian aspects so the border patrol can get back to their actual purpose.
The Border Patrol is Federal, so they will continue with what they are doing until told different. If our guard is authorized to return fire on those .50 Cals that have been sending in harrassment fire that would be a very good first step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies