Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:27 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I live by the rule of if you don't like it, then don't do it, but don't tell me as a grown up that I can't, and then use force to make me comply! Especially when my partaking in cannabis has harmed nobody in the process. That is the exact opposite of a free society!
If it doesnt affect me, then I agree. I'm for cannabis being illegal outside of your home however. Why? because when you smoke it around me it affects me. And I do not wish it too. I think thats a very rational argument. Inside your home, or someplace where it doesn't affect me? Thats fine. If I go to your home? Thats my choice, you can keep doing it, if I don't like it I can leave.

The whole "reefer madness" propaganda made it hard for people to make rational choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 02:16 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's seems in this topic that drugs and illegal immigration are both being discussed. My remarks were about illegal immigration. Surely you have heard of the nation wide protests against the latter with Central American kids being bussed all over our nation?
Yes People are disgusted with the illegal immigration disaster. Marijuana not so much

Old 07-28-2014, 02:31 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Who elected him?
Idiots elected an idiot.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:53 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
The government is bankrupt, the banks are broke, the interest rates has bottomed out, we are trillions of dollars in debt and growing, we give money to illegals with a big welcome mat out and Obama is supporting it.. Obama will kill this economy . The false sense that we are not in a depression is masked by words and ignored , but all the knowledge of the trouble in there to be seen.

The foreclosures continue, the costs for food and energy is escalating and the cost of living is killing the middle class that fuels the economy. It is a matter of time as all this manifests itself in the economy with people growing poorer and the buying power is gone for most Americans. It is coming... inflation and the value of the dollar shrinking.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:19 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The government is bankrupt, the banks are broke, the interest rates has bottomed out, we are trillions of dollars in debt and growing, we give money to illegals with a big welcome mat out and Obama is supporting it.. Obama will kill this economy . The false sense that we are not in a depression is masked by words and ignored , but all the knowledge of the trouble in there to be seen.

The foreclosures continue, the costs for food and energy is escalating and the cost of living is killing the middle class that fuels the economy. It is a matter of time as all this manifests itself in the economy with people growing poorer and the buying power is gone for most Americans. It is coming... inflation and the value of the dollar shrinking.
obama already has killed the economy and the United States of America...

The only thing he has left to do is tax the 1% 99%...

Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If the US was a household with $30K income, roughly speaking:

$35,000 yearly expenses.
$170,000 on the credit card AND growing.
$1,000,000 unpaid mortgage AND growing.
You can't compare National economics to a household budget.

Silly conservatives.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:27 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
I love all the doom and gloom for everyone...and then the comment that you can tax the 1% 99%.

Uhmm...hello! The US has a greater income then at any point in its history right now. Why then exactly are we in such horrible straights? Ohhhh because we arent paying for it, instead we're borrowing it on credit...that the 1% make a killing on.

Oh.

And lets be honest, its not the 1%. its the .001%.

Overall its interesting to hear people say Obama has destroyed us.

No. as a country we're doing fine, unless you're poor or middle class. Funny that.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:06 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: Home | Federation for American Immigration Reform

2. $22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Verify at: The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscrip.../ldt....0.HTML

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscrip...01/ldt.01.HTML

6. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
Verify at: http://premium.cnn..com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01..HTML

7. The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes committed by Illegal Aliens In The United States.
Verify at: http: // Drdsk.com

Are we THAT Stupid?
You think $22 billion is going to bankrupt America...Look at what we spend on wars and foreign aid. It will BLOW your mind away.

You forgot to mention the billions in taxes paid by them. The hundreds of billions they spend in our great economy. Hmmm. Yeah. Thought so.

LOL. And your statistics on crime are really WAY off. The numbers don't make ANY sense. Math doesn't lie...but humans do. :0

You forgot the taxes they pay and the hundreds of billions they spend in our economy. Fair and Balanced posts please!

Old 07-29-2014, 01:18 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: Home | Federation for American Immigration Reform

2. $22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscrip.../ldt....0.HTML

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscrip...01/ldt.01.HTML

6. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
Verify at: http://premium.cnn..com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01..HTML

7. The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes committed by Illegal Aliens In The United States.
Verify at: http: // Drdsk.com

Are we THAT Stupid?
While the majority of this spending is most certainly a problem and we should essentially eliminate it, to call this spending the reason why we're going bankrupt (if we were), is quite a stretch. We have much larger spending problems than these that are playing a much larger role in the problem.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:27 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's funny how liberals claim the moral high ground, by supporting entitlement programs for those who leach off the system, having numerous children out of wedlock, with no intent to better themselves, and the illegals who have no intention of becoming citizens or conforming to our way of life. Yet, when it comes to those who truly need it, such as the disabled and elderly, or those on social security who have (GASP) paid into the system all of their lives, and were told that money was supposed to be a fund for their retirement, (what a crock of s***) then liberals cry foul and accuse conservatives of supporting big government!
That's why I'm no longer a liberal. I used to think that because I believe in helping the truly needy (disabled, elderly, vets, people who truly need help)I was a liberal. Sadly liberal now means accepting what is something that is repulsive and supporting it (out of wedlock babies on welfare, illegals etc). I don't get this mentality some have where they compare people who paid into the system to those who didn't and say they are the same. They aren't. My baby boomer parents now collect social security (and my dad still works)and my career navy vet grandfather on retirement are more important than some ghetto queen who keeps making illegitimate babies and illegals who never bother to learn the language and use welfare. However the Democrats (which used to be for the working poor)have made it known welfare freeloaders are more important than those who paid into the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies