Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 02:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Did anyone notice that two of the link go back to 2004 10 years ago and the rest of the links dont work. This is another Tea Party hit job. The Tea Party is so deep in gubbermint programs from SS disability, VA disabilty, SSI, SS, Medicare, Tricare, Meals on Wheels, Medicaid, they want to deflect on the same people who empty their bed pans.
Obsessing again? Can you address the issue of wasting billions on illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You missed one. $24 billion due to the House tea baggers having a tantrum and shutting down the government. Yes--they are that stupid.
Both parties had the power to prevent it. Neither party would budge. As it turned out ACA wasn't ready to be rolled out anyway.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I just walk around town and look at the way they care for the town. They havent passed a bond issue in 30 years, they dont pick up the trash or cut weeds and they vote Republican. Jack up your car or several junk vehicles in your front yard, side yard, and back yard and leave them their for eternity and you know you are in a Republican town.
Take a ride through Pitston, Wilkes-barre or Scranton PA. All Democrat cities. Luzerne County Democrat stronghold and home to the kids for cash scandal. Old Forge PA home of the fire Chief and Chief of Police who made a minor have sex with them so she could be on the Volunteer fire department. The point is dumps are not a partisan issue.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:01 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: Home | Federation for American Immigration Reform

2. $22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Verify at: The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Verify at: The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscrip.../ldt....0.HTML

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscrip...01/ldt.01.HTML

6. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
Verify at: http://premium.cnn..com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01..HTML

7. The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes committed by Illegal Aliens In The United States.
Verify at: http: // Drdsk.com

Are we THAT Stupid?
The US government takes in about $2.5 (trillion) dollars in tax revenues a year, and your talking about $150 (billion) dollars.

Our country is going bankrupt because of lost revenues. GW Bush did $2.5 trillion dollars in tax cuts for America's rich, and this reduced government revenues by $2.5 trillion dollars, and added that money to our deficits and national debt.

Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/bushtaxcuts2013to2022.pdf

You listed $150 (billion) dollars used on welfare above. While Mitt Romney wanted to give America's rich $6.6 trillion dollars in tax cuts (and add that $6.6 trillion dollars to our deficits and national debt.)
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Welfare is not making America go bankrupt (republican tax cuts are.)

http://www.bartcop.com/deficit-tax-factors-pie.jpg

Old 07-29-2014, 05:50 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You're right, but guess what. This taxpayer is almost done paying taxes. I hope others are too. I am going on the underground economy in 2 more years. I am done with the insanity. If you and others wish to continue financing a bottomless pit then so be it. For me, I will keep every cent I earn and I will do it until such time that the federal government reigns in its spending and lives as frugally as I have been forced to in order to pay their taxes.
Yep. I retired last year because I was sick and tired of paying a very high total federal tax rate like I used to because I owned a successful business. The federal government now gets very little tax revenue from me. I'm done being a tax slave.

Starve the beast!

Old 07-29-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
It always amazes me that liberals would selectively define republicans as a bunch of poor, uneducated, and somehow strange people.
I don't get it, either. It's a complete disconnect from reality:

http://media.salon.com/2013/03/Exit-...al-income1.jpg

Old 07-29-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
There are a lot of people that will not vote for the dying GOP anymore because some of their views.
Some people are voting with their feet.

Quote:
"The Census story is a shocker. First, according to the Times, the Blacks leaving tend to be the “younger and better educated”. Second, the three states Blacks left in largest numbers don’t just include snake-bit Michigan; the other two are Illinois and New York. Within those states, Chicago and the city of the New York (widely considered among the most successful cities in the country) are the places Blacks are deserting. 17 percent of the Black flight from Big Blue is from the Empire State; after almost a century of trailblazing social policy, New York State has succeeded in creating the most hostile environment for Blacks in the country.

...The failure of blue social policy to create an environment which works for Blacks is the most devastating possible indictment of the 20th century liberal enterprise in the United States. Helping Blacks achieve the kind of equality and opportunity long denied them was more than one of many justifications for blue social policy: it was the defining moral task that has challenged and shaped American liberalism for the last fifty years.

The Census tells us that in the eyes of those who know best, these well intentioned efforts failed. Instead of heaven, we have hell across America’s inner cities. Blue economic policy has cut the creation of new private sector jobs to a trickle in our great cities, while the high costs of public union urban services (and policies that favor government employees over the citizenry at large) impose crippling taxes and contribute to the ruinously high costs that blight opportunity. All the social welfare bureaucracies, diversity counselors and minority set-asides can’t make up for the colossal failure of blue social policy to create sustainable lower middle class prosperity in our cities."
Much more: Black And Blue 2: Blacks Flee Blue States in Droves - The American Interest

The author is a Democrat who voted for Obama.

Walter Russell Mead Discusses U.S. Foreign Policy at the U.S. Embassy Berlin - YouTube

Old 07-29-2014, 07:19 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The US government takes in about $2.5 (trillion) dollars in tax revenues a year, and your talking about $150 (billion) dollars.

Our country is going bankrupt because of lost revenues. GW Bush did $2.5 trillion dollars in tax cuts for America's rich, and this reduced government revenues by $2.5 trillion dollars, and added that money to our deficits and national debt.

Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/bushtaxcuts2013to2022.pdf

You listed $150 (billion) dollars used on welfare above. While Mitt Romney wanted to give America's rich $6.6 trillion dollars in tax cuts (and add that $6.6 trillion dollars to our deficits and national debt.)
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Welfare is not making America go bankrupt (republican tax cuts are.)

http://www.bartcop.com/deficit-tax-factors-pie.jpg
While the U.S. is no where near bankrupt (it cannot be insolvent), our deficits are indeed caused by Republican tax cuts.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:21 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Some people are voting with their feet.

Much more: Black And Blue 2: Blacks Flee Blue States in Droves - The American Interest

The author is a Democrat who voted for Obama.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Blacks flee blue states because they are gentrified / priced out of the housing markets. New York has some of the most expensive real estate in the country. Chicago blacks are confined into the South Side where they battle gang wars. Like NYC, Chicago also has expensive areas inaccessible to blacks. Blacks left Michigan because manufacturing jobs left Michigan.

Connect the dots and do some real research. It has nothing to do with Democrat policy and everything to do with economic consequences / housing segregation of the United States policy in the late 20th century.

But don't let me tell you otherwise. Blacks aren't fleeing red states because they don't know they have a chance. This little graphic is telling of where blacks really do poorly... Most blacks live in the states with no chance of economic mobility. Sad, ain't it?

Old 07-29-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
I've quoted the U.S. Census, the NY Times, a liberal think tank demographer, and Walter Russell Mead, the James Clarke Chace Professor of Foreign Affairs and Humanities at Bard College who is a Democrat and voted for Obama. They ALL confirm what I've posted.

YOU'RE in denial.

Quote:
Connect the dots and do some real research. It has nothing to do with Democrat policy and everything to do with economic consequences / housing segregation of the United States policy in the late 20th century.
I did. I have no reason to not believe the experts:
Quote:
"The percentage of the nation’s black population living in the South has hit its highest point in half a century, according to census data released Thursday, as younger and more educated black residents move out of declining cities in the Northeast and Midwest in search of better opportunities."

...“This is the decade of black flight,” said Mr. Frey. “It’s a new age for African-Americans. It’s long overdue, but it seems to be happening.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...anted=all&_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies