Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 04:33 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Like Redraven said, who the hell carries a handgun with a round chambered, now that is stupid, your just asking to get your self shot by your own weapon.
...says the person that knows absolutely nothing about carrying a gun.

Virtually everyone that carries - including law enforcement - carries with a round chambered. The reasons why are obvious. If you need help figuring it out, hit up google - I'm not here to play teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And yet, he was granted a concealed carry permit. How many other idiots are walking around armed right now who are equally stupid? They put us all at risk.

I think that YOU put us all at risk - the risk of our collective IQ being dropped by a significant factor.

Stick to what you know - defending Obama. Not sure what you're going to do with yourself after he gets replaced...

Last edited by swagger; 07-23-2014 at 04:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 04:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
[quote=beb0p;35780670]Yep, guns and idiots. What can go wrong?

[youtube]v8QuwhgpTyo[/youtube

very deadly combo booze and guns the by standers were lucky they did not lose their tally whackers...

Old 07-23-2014, 04:39 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Gun in the pants, I will always have this picture of Plaxico Burress out for a night on the town and then.........................

Old 07-23-2014, 04:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Whew!!- thank goodness it wasn't a flamethrower!
The mental image you gave me just ruined me --- ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

Especially if the safety is off.
Most of the newer hand guns have safety triggers...

...which aren't actually a switch to flip on or off.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:44 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
...says the person that knows absolutely nothing about carrying a gun.

Virtually everyone that carries - including law enforcement - carries with a round chambered. The reasons why are obvious. If you need help figuring it out, hit up google - I'm not here to play teacher.

Maybe they got their training from watching True Grit! Must think people are still carrying an SAA!

Old 07-23-2014, 04:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And yet, he was granted a concealed carry permit. How many other idiots are walking around armed right now who are equally stupid? They put us all at risk.
That's a fair question. How many idiots do you figure are driving wrecklessly and putting innocent people at risk as I type this? If I run a search how many car accident stories where negligence was to blame will I find? Why no thread(s) on those incidents?

Old 07-23-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Maybe they got their training from watching True Grit! Must think people are still carrying an SAA!
I'd bet they don't know the difference between a Peacemaker and a 1911... after all they both say Colt on them. Ewww, scary!

Old 07-23-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That's a fair question. How many idiots do you figure are driving wrecklessly and putting innocent people at risk as I type this? If I run a search how many car accident stories where negligence was to blame will I find? Why no thread(s) on those incidents?
Here's one I will never forget!

Nick Adenhart of Los Angeles Angels killed in car crash in Fullerton - ESPN

Maybe we should try prohibition again, since it worked so well the first time! DOH

10,000 people are murdered each year by drunk drivers. Every 90 seconds a drunk driver causes injuries. It is estimated that there will be 118 million instances of driving under the influence each year in the US alone.

I'm sure they're all inbred rednecks according to the alarmists in here.

These are the consequences of living in a free society. Not everyone will make good decisions, or be responsible; but you don't take those rights away because of the small percentage of feeble minded idiots.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Can we assume that Jude has NEVER made a stupid mistake?
I am willing to admit that I certainly have!
I usually don't do them more than once, though...
I once disassembled a pistol for cleaning, and discovered a live round in the chamber!

As for the police chief (Vanover), HEY chief, it is dangerous to carry a gun with a chambered round, PERIOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Like Redraven said, who the hell carries a handgun with a round chambered, now that is stupid, your just asking to get your self shot by your own weapon.
Who carries a gun with a round in the chamber? Anyone who knows the correct way to carry would be the answer. Ever heard of the Tueller drill? I also find it highly amusing that someone who attempted to clean a loaded gun actually feels that they have any credibility in this discussion. Pure comedy gold.....

Anyway....training, statistics, and science prove that carrying without a round chambered is not the way to go. This is not an opinion. This is fact.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I would suggest you can safely do it with a Sig but it should be holstered. For it to fire the trigger has to be physically pulled becsue there is lock on the firing pin e.g. it can't accidentally go off from a hammer strike alone. When the hammer is decocked it requires a significant amount of force to pull the trigger. It's only if the hammer is manually cocked, the slide is worked or subsequent shots that the trigger pull is easy.
I wouldn't suggest rather I would state unequivocally that you can safely do it with any modern gun if you're competent. All modern handguns have various internal safety mechanisms. I really do love these long drawn out posts where people attempt to impress with their so called gun knowledge though. BTW: why mention as long as it's holstered? Who in their right mind carries a gun without a holster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies