Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 05:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
In about another hour, President Obama will come to Seattle for a fundraiser.

This means he will fly into Boeing Field in Seattle, tie up traffic for hours during the height of rush hour so the President's motorcade can get around. The President will go to the eastside, which is separated by a large body of water (Lake Washington.) He will go to two filthy rich people's mansions, rake in all the money he can, then fly out.
Besides the fact of the traffic tie-ups for the locals everytime Obama or any other president does this, the fact is they only use the area as an ATM machine. They're not here to actually talk to people, no. They just come to rake up the money from political supporters and leave. Oh, and right now we are having severe wildfires in eastern Washington, but is the President going to care? No!

I remember after the Oso landslide, in which 41 people lost their lives, it took Obama a MONTH to visit the area and talk to the victims. When he's here to rake in money, he can't get over here fast enough.

This is what's so wrong with politics. The obscene amount of money it takes. It takes so much money the President has to run around raising money, instead of doing his job. (Uh, Ukraine anyone?)

It also speaks of the disregard politicians show the people who elect them. They're not here to talk to people about solving problems in this country, it's all about "show me the money."

Oh, and to show I'm not just hating on Obama, I did mention every president does it.
Isn't that the mudslide where people were warned for FIFTEEN YEARS not to build there, that it's too dangerous?
They gave the middle finger to the geological reports. 'Nobody tells me what to do!!'

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2014/...ton-landslide/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 05:53 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Takes a LOT of dough to hide evidence, pay off cronies, and get more progressives elected.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
KIRO TV reports that the fundraiser is at a former Costco executive's house and is $25,000/plate.

Obama in town for fundraisers; traffic delays expected | www.kirotv.com

Old 07-22-2014, 06:20 PM

Here is the menu.

Quote:
fresh picked Dungeness crab, slow baked king salmon with maple-cured salmon roe, and blackberry cobbler for dessert
Caterer Lisa Dupar prepares $25,000 per plate dinner for Obama visit - Puget Sound Business Journal

Old 07-22-2014, 06:22 PM

983 posts, read 995,350 times
Listening to a local radio show now, (Ron and Don) and they mentioned that this shows that money buys access to politicians. IF you have $25,000 to attend one of these things, you have access. Politicians don't care about Joe Schmoe with an average income. They care about the 1% with the money and the power.

Oh wait, my bad, they care lots about going into the Iowa diner and talking to Joe Schmoe when it's time for the big primaries to start.

God I hate politics. I need to visit another catagory now.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:25 PM

Harrier wonders if the menu is Michelle approved.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:28 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Can you imagine the outrage in Seattle if they had more Tea Partiers on the dole. Unfourtunately for Republicans people in Seattle actually have jobs and have to support all the Tea Party types spread across Washington collecting their gubbermint checks. Even the Tea Partiers have to admit they would be paying higher property taxes if it wasnt for the socialsits in Seattle distributing the their tax dollars across the state.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:28 PM

How much will the various modes of transportation for this fundraiser contribute to "global warming"?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How much will the various modes of transportation for this fundraiser contribute to "global warming"?
What?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:11 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier wonders if the menu is Michelle approved.
Likely not, but I bet she would Hoover up her fair share of it if she were there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies