Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 06:20 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I suppose if you keep repeating it over and over and over and over.......you believe it. That's called a mantra in libspeak. Just because YOU believe this mantra doesn't make any of it true.

In the real world it's called lying. And we all know who has a lock on being the great liar in office.
It has nothing to do with belief. My post exists. That posts contains points that are correct. Those points aren't even challenged. This is reality not belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 06:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
that they would have voted for someone else?
or maybe not have voted at all?
why did you TRULY vote for him?
Not the someone else that was presented in either election, so you can thank the GOP for not being able to find qualified candidates, do you think they have learned their lesson yet, I have serious doubts.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Funny, isn't it?

We have the worst president in US history and nearly every liberal on this thread cannot admit that they made a mistake.

You know what they say about the definition of insanity...........................
So when is a Con going to admit that the GOP is partially to blame for their pisspoor selection of candidates?

Old 07-23-2014, 06:33 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not the someone else that was presented in either election, so you can thank the GOP for not being able to find qualified candidates, do you think they have learned their lesson yet, I have serious doubts.
I agree with you on this.

I voted Republican for years because I was in business and that was my best move.

Now, I have everything I need in life.....really the business is in a place not much could hurt it now.

The ACA gives me free healthcare.

I just might vote Democratic the next time.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:50 AM

It's time we all stop pretending that the people who hate President Obama have any credibility.

Anyone can see, whether you like President Obama or not, that his political opponents and those in the general public most opposed to him have been wrong about every major US event for well over a decade.

Nation's face challenges and issues. Political leaders come out and political parties come out with statements about the world, how a particular event will play out.

I challenge anyone go look up these major events,

Iraq War

War on terrorism

The patriot Act( creation of indefinite detention, torture, spying on Americans, homeland security)

Financial crisis/deregulation

GWBush tax cuts

Stimulus/FED QE
ACA health law
Auto bailouts

Again one can go back and objectively look at what the people who hate President Obama said about those events and how they would play out.

They have not been right about anything. Not one thing. Yet they keep running their mouths.

It should embarrass them to be so wrong for so long.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So when is a Con going to admit that the GOP is partially to blame for their pisspoor selection of candidates?

I agree that McCain was a TERRIBLE candidate. However, even if there was a decent conservative candidate in 2008, democrats were poised to take the White House, given the anger toward Bush.

Romney, however, was a far superior candidate to Obama. We had a successful governor and businessman vs a proven failed president. The choice in 2012 was obviously NOT OBAMA to any rational voter who would objectively evaluate Obama's performance.

Obama (as McCain had suggested) is Jimmy Carter II. Unfortunately, in this alternative universe in which we have an average IQ of 96 for the American voter, Jimmy Carter won this time.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:59 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
A little computer programming and your vote for Romney may have become a vote for Obama. Maybe you voted for Obama and never went to the polls if you were registered. Somebody cast your vote for you.
I was skeptical Obama was elected the first time, totally skeptical the 2nd time. And even beyond that, had he been vetted the first time he never would have made it through the primary let alone the election. He's the Asterisk President, a complete fraud and he belongs in prison.
And for the record I think Bush 43 had the election given him much the same way in 2000.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree that McCain was a TERRIBLE candidate. However, even if there was a decent conservative candidate in 2008, democrats were poised to take the White House, given the anger toward Bush.

Romney, however, was a far superior candidate to Obama. We had a successful governor and businessman vs a proven failed president. The choice in 2012 was obviously NOT OBAMA to any rational voter who would objectively evaluate Obama's performance.

Obama (as McCain had suggested) is Jimmy Carter II. Unfortunately, in this alternative universe in which we have an average IQ of 96 for the American voter, Jimmy Carter won this time.
Mitt Rmoney was a liar and a plutocrat. That supported the draconian Ryan budget, that talked about how illegals should self deport.

In fact the whole Republican National convention to nominate Mitt Rmoney was based on a lie about You didn't build that.

Mitt Rmoney was so incompetent that he believed he own skewed internal polling data he really believed based on the insane skewed polling conspiracy that he was unskewing his internal polling data that showed he was going to win states he didn't have a chance to win.

Look it is one thing to go out to the general public and spout insane conservative conspiracy theories about skewed polls, it is another to actually believe that insane stuff internally in your campaign.

And he and his campaign did believe that all the polling companies were in a grand grand conspiracy to show President Obama winning by on purpose polling more Democrats.

To me for believing that insane conspiracy and acting on it disqualifies him fom ever being President. Plus Mitt Rmoney was a huge liar.

Say what you will about McCain at least he didn't lie like Mitt Rmoney, who ran out right dishonest campaign.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
As opposed to McCain/Palin and Romney/Ryan? I wanted someone smart, pragmatic and the opposite of Bush/Cheney in 2008. If you remember Bush's base was the wealthy--wanted someone who cared about the rest of the country. Cheney? neocon chicken hawk/oil baron. Choices? McCain--angry warmonger, Palin--dumb, Romney--another supporter of the wealthy, Ryan--bean counter. I actually was very much for Hillary in 2008 primaries, but accepted Obama after she lost.

If you wanted that, then you would have voted for a candidate that actually supports, and adhere's to the US Constitution. Neither Obama or those mentioned do so. There are other options other than those presented by the two main parties, who are pretty much one and the same, and care about their own interests instead of we the people who continue to elect them.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yet it stands undisputed.

Only in your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies