Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 05:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
So what you're saying is a very serious problem goes unresolved because the politicians who have the authority to do something about it care more about getting their selves re-elected than they do about doing the job we elected them to do. No doubt that is the case, and is exactly why very few people in this country have any faith left in their government. I certainly don't.
Exactly.

We have no more statesmen. We have politicians who want to keep their jobs, and accept money from all-comers to finance their campaigns. They owe a LOT of favors.

Have you ever watched "House of Cards" on Netflix? It's about as true a portrayal as I've ever seen. It eviscerates our current system.

Another good one is "Newsroom" A very honest look at today's media.

You know what though, we get the government and the media we deserve.

Time to stop barking at each other on divisive issues like gun control and abortion and tackle campaign finance reform. There is no hope until that is handled.

It's also time for us to stop clicking on celebrity nonsense and demand better from our media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 05:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Of course they do.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:07 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
No way, I dont believe it..

Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Democrats oppose changing the 2008 Deportation Law which would enable a quick resolution to the border crisis. Looks like the Dems want to keep their future voters in the country on your dime.

Boehner Calls on Obama to Back Change in Deportation Law - Bloomberg
The Republicans are the ones who want to change it. Why the hell should the Democrats just give them what they want? My God after all those filibusters?

Old 07-25-2014, 09:41 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
So what you're saying is a very serious problem goes unresolved because the politicians who have the authority to do something about it care more about getting their selves re-elected than they do about doing the job we elected them to do. No doubt that is the case, and is exactly why very few people in this country have any faith left in their government. I certainly don't.
Well said.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:44 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
The Republicans are the ones who want to change it. Why the hell should the Democrats just give them what they want? My God after all those filibusters?
Because it would stop the insanity at the border that will eventually impact all of us?!

Old 07-26-2014, 05:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
Here is a video in NC of the "children" being dropped off at Wal-Mart. This is their normal protocol with them. They give the Illegal's EBT cards and then they let them shop on our dime. http://www.theconservativevoices.com/media/cat/political/illegal-aliens-getting-welfare

This looks like someone is turning their head to these illegals so the democraphics can be changed. BOTH parties need to put politics aside and stop this! I think Americans need to clean house in Washington and send them all packing and get people in that will fight for WE the people and not be fighting for their re-election.

I'm not being political, I am saying throw all the bums out.
You'd think from the hysteria that the bulk of unaccompanied minors are like 7, 8 years-old. Truth is the vast majority are teens, or women with their pre-teens.

Never let a good 'crisis' go to waste, even if the 'crisis' is manufactured and easily solved.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:41 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Because changing that law is in the best interests of this country which would stop the flow of these so-called children crashing our borders of late.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
There is no problem.

Enforce existing law.

Deport those that entered illegally. Prosecute the others.

Reform is another word for amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies