Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 09:28 AM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Better opportunities and lower cost of living and milder weather.
That's why I moved south from NYC many, many moons ago and I'm not even Black.
I moved south from the Chicago area, too, for the lower cost of living and milder weather. Same value home; 1/3 the real estate tax. The better opportunities don't really apply to me as I've retired and am no longer feeding the beast. No more federal income tax from me.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Because all you want is free stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove it. Back your statement up. And don't show me some stupid videos from WorldStarHipHop. Those videos represent the lowest common denominator of the Black population. Show me where regular Black people, the non-underclass types, only want free stuff. Show me in empirical, statistical evidence that the vast majority of Blacks only want free stuff. Why would middle class Black people want free stuff when they can get it themselves? Unless you make another fallacious assumption that there are no middle class Black people.

If you are going to make a fallacious statement, such as what you have made, back it up. If you cannot, then all it shows dishonesty and cowardice.
Mariner's right. If talking about hood rats or their PWT cousins, I'd agree. The thing is many Black people ain't hood rats and DO take care of business.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:38 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
not lack of experience or has values and views which are harmful to this nation.
You're joking with everyone, right?

Lack of experience? The man is brilliant, a genius, is a doctorate in constitutional law, is a master of logic, and can run anyone into the ground on a contest of brilliance and rationality, but of course, he's got "a lack of experience."

In what does he have a lack of experience?

In having not having a family inheritance to squander, like most Republican presidents?

In not having had behind-wiping servants?

In not being a crude buffoon like GW Bush?

In having barely two neurons to rub together when expressing his views, as is the case with Romney? Missed on that, since Obama is a genius, and you're well aware of that. (And it burns you up).

Or is it that he has all his brain intact, unlike Reagan, who reached the White House with Alzheimers, and left it exiting stage left with barely the capacity to speak, only to grin like a chimpanzee and little else?

And while on the topic of GW Bush, omfg, the man doesn't reach an 80 on an IQ scale on a good day after having 10 Five Hour Energy drinks. Slow-witted as a garden slug, but I will put all the money I've got on it that you did a sprint to cast your vote on Mr. Slow Wit.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I suppose that sentence made sense to you when you wrote it, but exactly how and why would someone "encourage" a politician to seek his vote? Don't politicians generally want as many votes as they can get? That's like a salesman expecting sales prospects to encourage him to give them a sales pitch; such a salesman would rightly go broke.

This is the question Republicans have to ask themselves: What did they do that lost the Latino vote? What did they do that lost the Asian vote? Why can't they depend on the Independent vote--what do they do that runs away Independents from time to time?

Yes, the Democrats can count on the black vote...but it they can also snag the other groups pretty regularly.

But you can't just point a finger at blacks and ignore the fact that Republicans can't count on any vote but old religious white people. The common denominator there is the Republican Party.
Latinos; at least those of Mexican family, because so many of them ain't really "American" at heart tho they might be US citizens, they want amnesty for their illegal alien cousins. That's why they don't like Repubs.

Now IF the Dems turned AGAINST any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens; that IMHO could very well kill the Republican party right there because so many of us more "liberal" Repubs ain't real happy with it.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You're joking with everyone, right?

Lack of experience? The man is brilliant, a genius, is a doctorate in constitutional law, is a master of logic, and can run anyone into the ground on a contest of brilliance and rationality
Hmmm... His own VP Biden attributes it to this: Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean"
A Dubious Compliment - Top 10 Joe Biden Gaffes - TIME

Because, you know, Biden has never seen any other mainstream African-American who is articulate, bright, and clean.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Some of those are indeed damning, bu others not so much.

How many people on this forum attack Al Sharpton for stuttering ?
Stuttering? That's a new 1 for about Mr Sharpton. I don't like him because he's a racist ass IMHO, NOT because he might have trouble talking. Sheesh!

Old 07-27-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But a couple of those arent talking about stereotypes, but rather their perception.

There are polls on WHite people's view of African Americans you know ?

If Barack Obama had sounded like Al Sharpton, he wouldnt be president. It is just that simple. That isnt playing on a stereotype, it is looking at the landscape of opinion and seeing you have to sound and act a certain way.

You are playing the PC police on those 2 quotes.
Agreed and HOW!

If an anglo white dude or lady stuttered; that person would NOT be POTUS either IMHO.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinealley View Post
You keep posting the same article
Yeah, because it's true. If you don't believe it, take it up with the U.S. Census and the Brookings Institution's demographer.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:09 AM

72,965 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mariner's right. If talking about hood rats or their PWT cousins, I'd agree. The thing is many Black people ain't hood rats and DO take care of business.
Sadly, the hood rats get the most attention. The Black people who are taking care of business (middle class, wealthy, working class, and poor alike) are the ones who seem to get ignored, especially the middle class Black population.

I've pointed out that if one is truly interested in getting Blacks into the Republican fold, talk to Blacks, listen to them. Voinovich and Huckabee did that, and it worked.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:25 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove it. Back your statement up. And don't show me some stupid videos from WorldStarHipHop. Those videos represent the lowest common denominator of the Black population. Show me where regular Black people, the non-underclass types, only want free stuff. Show me in empirical, statistical evidence that the vast majority of Blacks only want free stuff. Why would middle class Black people want free stuff when they can get it themselves? Unless you make another fallacious assumption that there are no middle class Black people.

If you are going to make a fallacious statement, such as what you have made, back it up. If you cannot, then all it shows dishonesty and cowardice.
Am I really supposed to believe it is a coincidence that when the welfare state was created the chief architect of the welfare state said this:

“I’ll have those ******s voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson

Now, it seems he was right (well, we're not 200 years in yet, but it's sure proven true for 50 years with no sign of changing for the next 150).

So what else am I supposed to believe?

50 years of solid Dem support once the Dems started giving you all free stuff.

It's obviously what you want, or you wouldn't keep voting in politicians who promise more of it now would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.