Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:17 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times

Advertisements

I am just starting to notice the trends that are happening in this country. We have a lot of money that is being spent for illegal immigrants who are coming in droves to this country but the black population and the general needs have been ignored. Recently you had black people from Chicago complaining about the lack of attention they have received in the midst of this immigration crisis. It really has me thinking that large Democratic voting amongst the black population has worked to the detriment of many in the black population. Think about it, what do Democrats have to do to earn votes they will likely receive anyway and what do Republicans need to do when many of their thoughts aren't even considered? Same thing can be said about independent party members. It just seems like the power of the black population has become obsolete. What purpose does the "black vote" serve at this point and time?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I am just starting to notice the trends that are happening in this country. We have a lot of money that is being spent for illegal immigrants who are coming in droves to this country but the black population and the general needs have been ignored. Recently you had black people from Chicago complaining about the lack of attention they have received in the midst of this immigration crisis. It really has me thinking that large Democratic voting amongst the black population has worked to the detriment of many in the black population. Think about it, what do Democrats have to do to earn votes they will likely receive anyway and what do Republicans need to do when many of their thoughts aren't even considered? Same thing can be said about independent party members. It just seems like the power of the black population has become obsolete. What purpose does the "black vote" serve at this point and time?
IDK, it seems to me that the Democratic party has managed to bribe Blacks, Women, Hispanics, Gays, and the poor equally w/o a problem and pretty successfully. Even if the Democrats aren't doing much for them, they are still a barrier that's stopping the Republicans form creating policies that hurt them.

If you want to know why Blacks do not support the Republicans party, I suggest you read the opinions of Blacks written by many in the Republican party and even of many of the CityData posters in the many Black related threads that Republicans here on this forum obsessively create each and every day. The Republican part talks down to Black people instead on talking to them or expressing, in a non-condescending tone, why they are the party to vote for.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as an "irrelevant vote" or an "irrelevant voting population". It's never a good thing when a Voting Block allows themselves to be taken for granted - which is probably what you are really talking about. Thing is .... that's their choice.

There was a DOJ lawsuit against a city council a couple of years ago - the DOJ was suing to stop the City Council from becoming "non-partisan". I think it might have been in Georgia, but I'm not sure. The Council wanted to do what is State Law in Texas - City Government has non partisan elections. The DOJ argument was that people would be "disenfranchised" if they could not see the "D" or the "R" so they would know who to vote for.

Think about that for just a minute - their premise is that voters are so "dumb" that they can only choose a candidate based on the "D" or the "R". It's an unbelievable insult, but it does indicate that Eric Holder understands the Democratic "base". I "get" it, but I will never quite understand how anyone can accept such disrespect or accept being taken advantage of in this way.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:17 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:

African Americans make up less than 13% of the population, hardly a power. And the purpose of the "black vote" is the same as the "white vote".

Old 07-23-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

African Americans make up less than 13% of the population, hardly a power. And the purpose of the "black vote" is the same as the "white vote".
Conservatives believe that Blacks are stupid and only vote based on race and getting free stuff. They do not think that Blacks are intelligent enough to weigh the pros and cons of each candidate and then vote accordingly.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:22 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Conservatives believe that Blacks are stupid and only vote based on race and getting free stuff. They do not think that Blacks are intelligent enough to weigh the pros and cons of each candidate and then vote accordingly.
How long have you been a conservative?

Old 07-23-2014, 09:30 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Well, we've seen what's happened under Obama: Billion dollar programs to aid black youth, a reinvigorated civil rights division of the DOJ, a strong push for reducing the crack/powder cocaine disparities, a strong push to end widespread police harassment and the habit to suspend black students over trivial offenses.

And now, lets see what the GOP's been up to: gutting the Voting Rights Act, blaming black homebuyers for a global financial meltdown, moving polling places out of black areas, pushing food assistance out of "urban" areas and into "rural" areas such as the Appalachians, demanding multiple birth certificates, insisting that a white guy must have written Obama's book, insisting that Trayvon Martin deserved to be shot, inventing racist myths like "the knockout game", and loudly insisting that black voters are plantation slaves.

ETA: I forgot: blaming "fatherless families" for hostility to the same police who obsessively harrass them while simultaneously calling Cliven Bundy a hero, blaming Beyonce for the non-existant rise in teen births, or calling notoriously peacful rappers like Common or Kanye West "Gangsta", and insisting that black people want "free stuff" and are "satisfied with food stamps".

It seems to me like we're considered *extremely* important by both parties, although for remarkably different reasons.

Last edited by Hadoken; 07-23-2014 at 09:49 PM..

Old 07-23-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL So how do you figure that blacks voted for all the white presidents. In your mind they just sat home right
They have always voted in large numbers for Democrats regardless of race. To prove my point that Blacks do not only vote based on race, how many Blacks supported Herman Cain or any other Conservative AA candidate? 99.99% of the time AA see a Black Conservative as being a trader and an uncle tom. Even Ann Coulter and many other Conservatives have complained about how AA view Black Conservatives, so logically there has to be more than race behind the Black vote...

Black vote for Democrats because, even though both parties may not do much for the AA community, at least Democrats do not despise them.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
? Are you saying that black voters will cease voting? I doubt that very seriously.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:41 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateU2 View Post
And Repubs are right Blacks do vote based on race.
And that's why black voters overwhelmingly voted for Al Sharpton, Alan Keyes, and why they've rushed to support Ben Carson and Herman Cain. Also, it's why Steve Cohen lost as soon as he ran against a black opponent.

Oh, wait, none of that happened. I should have put "Imagining that black people only vote on the basis of skin color" to that list.

It's always projection...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies