Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:41 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Short term gain in exchange for long term suffering..... yep the country learned that hard lesson a few years after that election.

Btw, I didn't call it "voodoo economics", George HW Bush did.

Why is that my wallet always grew under a Democratic President and vice versa for a Republican President?? Answer: because the Democrats are better at economy than the Republicans. It's the cold hard truth.
I don't know why your wallet grew under a Democrat as opposed to a Republican cause it sure works in the reverse for most of the people I know, myself included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That's the excuse now, that you voted for Obama to fix things, and since he not hasn't fixed anything, it's because you never expected him to in the first place.
LOL. Only idiots would look at our economy today and deny that Obama has indeed fixed it. He certainly did. But you were expecting things to not only be fixed but at the top of its game. And that takes time. It will happen under Hillary Clinton's watch. Just be patient.

Quote:
Look at the labor participation rate graph from the BLS, Obama gets elected in 2009 and the labor market drops like a rock, and continues a 45 degree angle slide during Obama's entire presidency.
Did you not realize we are just coming out of a Great Recession caused by the Republicans?? Of course the labor market WAS dropping, the important thing is that it is recovering as well. Thanks to the Democrats.

Quote:
Yup, Obama gave the rich billions of dollars and they got even richer. So much for the Occupy Wall Street movement, the crony capitalists are running the White house and getting filthy rich off our tax dollars
Ha ha ha. You are now sounding just like a liberal just to debate me. Nice. My job here is done.
By the way, how does it feel to be a liberal?

Quote:
I am the middle class, after growing up in poverty and living the first 15 years of my adult life earning under $30,000 a year and barley making ends meet.
Great, the middle-class party (Democrats) welcome you with both arms.

Quote:
Obama's presidency has created a fifty year high in poverty, he's added over 16 million new poor in the USA, which works out to 238,000 American citizens becoming the newly poor each and every month of Obama's 67 months in office. but you are okay with that because the rich fat cat bankers on Wall Street have gotten richer off the money Obama's Federal Reserve has been pumping into Wall Street
I am always curious that somehow when it comes to poverty; it's never the state's fault, not the governors' fault, not the cities' fault, not the mayors' fault; it is always Obama's fault.

But when jobs are created, unemployment down, the market up, etc; it's always the governors' credit; never Obama's.

Heck, even Jesus had to preach his message one village at a time, bro. Conservatives expect a magic wand that Obama can wave from the his Oval Office and all across this country things will suddenly reverse just like that, at the snap of a finger. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. All that is important is that the trend is up. That is what Obama is elected to do - to stop the downward spiral and lift things in the opposite direction, which is exactly what happened.

Quote:
We haven't even gotten to Obama's horrible foreign policy and the sad state of affairs in the Mid East.

These sycophantic liberal Obama supporters sicken me, the entire country can go to hell for all they care, the rolls of the poor can swell, for all they care, as long as their politicians can be made to look good.
LOL. Middle East. Where is that, in Kansas?? Oh wait, that's right, Middle East is in.... the Middle East!! Yeah sure, the President of the United States is responsible for the well being of the Middle East. Yeah, sure, yeah, he took an oath to protect the interest of the Middle East! Uh- eh, it's in the Constitution didn't you know? Of course you do!

Quote:
the rolls of the poor can swell, for all they care, as long as their politicians can be made to look good.
Shaking my head. Sorry, that's our stance. If you care at all about the poor then vote Hillary in the next election.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I don't know why your wallet grew under a Democrat as opposed to a Republican cause it sure works in the reverse for most of the people I know, myself included.
What do you do for living and which state do you live in?

Old 07-25-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
What do you do for living and which state do you live in?
California. Medical billing.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
California. Medical billing.
Wow. I just realized something I hadn't before. Medical billers really, really do well under the messed up medical system the U.S. has.

There's barely a need for medical billers under a nationalized health system as in Europe and Canada.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Wow. I just realized something I hadn't before. Medical billers really, really do well under the messed up medical system the U.S. has.

There's barely a need for medical billers under a nationalized health system as in Europe and Canada.
Yeah, it is well paid. But it has gotten to be a thankless job with the insurance companies constantly trying to tell doctors what procedures are covered or not covered often for no other reason than some pinhead in an office 1,000 miles away who has no idea what they are talking about, let alone a medical degree. I have no doubt though that sooner or later the health system here will be nationalized and things will change drastically.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:50 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Yeah, it is well paid. But it has gotten to be a thankless job with the insurance companies constantly trying to tell doctors what procedures are covered or not covered often for no other reason than some pinhead in an office 1,000 miles away who has no idea what they are talking about, let alone a medical degree. I have no doubt though that sooner or later the health system here will be nationalized and things will change drastically.
Yup. I have 2 acquaintances that do billing, and my nephew is a doctor. Billing has been a huge headache for the longest time.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:07 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
[quote=toryturner;35813826]Yeah, it is well paid. But it has gotten to be a thankless job with the insurance companies constantly trying to tell doctors what procedures are covered or not covered often for no other reason than some pinhead in an office 1,000 miles away who has no idea what they are talking about, let alone a medical degree. I have no doubt though that sooner or later the health system here will be nationalized and things will change drastically.

When he is out of office, ObamaCare will be repealed. Its has caused too may problems.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:44 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And Congresses aproval rating is what? ROTFLMAO!

Obama is great because he is not Charles Manson?

Old 07-26-2014, 08:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Obama is great because he is not Charles Manson?
Dick Cheney isn't Charles Manson. You're welcome to argue that he's great because of it, if that's your criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies