Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:22 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Doctors in this country have huge costs, which require a large salary to pay. My nephew is a doctor. A huge part of the costs he incurs in his practice involve the monstrous amounts of paperwork that must file due to private insurance. It's just the way it's done in this for-profit medical system.

When I lived in Spain I noticed that doctors file almost 0 paperwork. The diagnosis goes on the nationwide data base, and voila, done. Nothing else need be completed by pen, or computer, or staff, or billers, or anyone.

The gargantuan amounts of paperwork is a nightmare in for-profit medical systems, and the worst one on this planet is the one in the U.S. Doctors are overwhelmed by the paperwork.

It's got to change. National health care is vital.

Still, even with the overwhelming stress and costs involved due to the paperwork, doctors make a LOT of money. With national health care that would change.
I know, often times people don't understand the sheer volume of paper work in a medical practice. And when reimbursment is low, as in the case if Medi-Cal or Medicaid it is not cost effective. The sad part of that is more and more patients that are on assistance are being dropped by doctors. I will be honest with you, I hate the ACA. but something needs to be done. There are good people out there that are not getting the medical attention they need through absolutely no fault of their own. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 08:31 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeQ View Post
Thank Reagan for creating that culture. Reagan started it by firing the PATCO controllers. It's been a slide toward nothing for the middle class ever since.

Reagan ruined America.
But I liked Reagan. Of course I liked that whole time period. My kids were young and so was I.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeQ View Post
Thank Reagan for creating that culture. Reagan started it by firing the PATCO controllers. It's been a slide toward nothing for the middle class ever since.

Reagan ruined America.
Blaming Reagan on PATCO is inaccurate. PATCO lacked the legal right to strike, and they knew it. If Reagan had NOT fired them, other public sector unions would have run over their employer-which is truly the American taxpayer.

ByCBSNews.com staff CBSNews.com staffCBSJuly 30, 1998, 1:00 PM
Today In History: PATCO Strike
"On August 4, 1981, President Reagan began firing air traffic controllers who had participated in an illegal strike.

Just days before, the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) vowed to shut the nation's airway system in a strike for better pay and working conditions.

Government employees are forbidden by law to strike against the public safety, and each air traffic controller had signed a no-strike pledge
."

Old 07-27-2014, 04:11 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I was thinking more of the nearly 5,000 service people killed because of a lie.
yet I'd imagine that you will gladly vote for pro war hillary clinton.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:40 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is bad, really bad. Check this out:

1. Consumer Confidence Raising!!!
U.S. consumer sentiment rises in final June reading | Reuters

2. Unemployment Down!!
U.S. Jobs Report: Unemployment Falls to 6.1% as 288,000 Positions Added - WSJ

3. Stock Market is Through the Roof!!
Dow Jones rises to highest point EVER: Market floats to 16,998 on strength of Chinese and American manufacturing | Mail Online

4. Millions signed up for healthcare with Obamacare!!
Obamacare hits goal with 7.1 million sign-ups, President says - CNN.com

5. Turned Around the US Auto Industry.
U.S. Car Sales Soar to Pre-Slump Level - WSJ

6. Overhauled the Student Loan Program.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/26/us...oans.html?_r=0

7. Expanded benefits to veterans.
44 - Obama signs bill expanding health services for veterans

8. Under his watch, many states are booming:
California has world’s eighth-largest economy, beating Russia, Italy - Business - The Sacramento Bee
Why These 11 States Have America's Fastest-Growing Economies - DailyFinance

9. Ended the Great Recession.
Political Economy - It's official: The Great Recession ended last summer

10. And to top it off, he killed OBL.

So to sum it up, Obama fixed the economy, increased jobs, the stock market responded, saved the auto industry, help veterans, created affordable healthcare, and fixed the student loan debacle among other things.....

Can you see what he is doing is ruining the country??!!!! It's making people better and that is very very BAD for America!!! Why? Because it keeps people from voting for a Republican and that is BAD for America. In fact, anything that a Democratic President does is BAD for America even if it is good for America!

What you need to do is stop viewing things through Democrat colored glasses and take a look at reality.

He didn't fix the economy. His policies created the slowest economic recovery in almost a hundred years.

He did absolutely nothing to fix the waiting times at the VA despite making speeches that he wouldn't rest until it was done. Dozens of veterans died on his watch waiting to receive medical care while Obama did nothing.

Unemployment is not down because people are getting jobs. It is down because the labor force participation rate is lower than it has been in decades. Also, the new jobs that have been created have almost universally been lower class service industry and retail jobs that will not support a family.

The administration counts people signing up for medicaid as signing up for Obamacare to inflate their numbers. The administration also does not consider the people who lost their previous insurance. The actual number of previously uninsured people who are now insured because of Obamacare is miniscule.

The Obama administration "fixed" student loans by nationalizing them. That is in direct violation of the constitution. The federal government does not have the authority to require every student to get their loans through them. It is taking the freedom of choice away from both the banks and the students.

The Obama administration did not turn around the auto industry. The car companies which did not participate in the administration's bailout programs are doing just as well as the companies which did.

So I'm sorry to say that Obama has been a failure. When you look at the facts rather than at leftist propaganda, it is plain to see that the Obama administration hasn't accomplished a single one of its goals. Every single one of them has been a failure. The reset of foreign relations failed. The vow to increase transparency in government failed. The economic stimulus failed. The effort to give all Americans affordable health insurance failed. The effort to reform immigration law failed. The war on terror failed.

But of course I'm 99% sure you're more interested in your ideology than in reality so you'd rather come up with a fantasy of how liberal philosophy has worked than admit its failure.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:40 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Yeah, it is well paid. But it has gotten to be a thankless job with the insurance companies constantly trying to tell doctors what procedures are covered or not covered often for no other reason than some pinhead in an office 1,000 miles away who has no idea what they are talking about, let alone a medical degree. I have no doubt though that sooner or later the health system here will be nationalized and things will change drastically.

By your own admission, you have a well-paid job.

By your own admission, our old health care system was broken

By your own admission, you want the health care system to be nationalized.

I am trying to figure out how a Republican could possibly help any of the things you've mentioned (except the well paid job thing, if you don't like well-paid jobs Republicans can put an end to that.)

Old 07-28-2014, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
1. never heard of a "consumer confidence rating." sounds like capitalism. fail.
2. easy numbers to manipulate. temp jobs aren't real jobs as per liberals. the job scenario is certainly better, but it has more to do with the natural order of things.
3. stock markets fluctuate.
4. millions would sign up for anything to avoid paying a fine. get a clue and get real.
5. GM just posted record losses. this coming after the failed and forgotten "cash for clunkers."
6. no clue about the student loan program. don't care either.
7. if he did expand benefits to veterans, good job.
8. he has nothing to do with economies within the states. the states that are booming are so called "red states." as far as the national economy, the US dollar is worth about as much as mud, and we have a credit score similar to MC hammer.
LOL. When things are good, it's just the natural order of things. Obama has nothing to do with it, Nope. But when things are bad, it's always, "Obama's fault!!!"

"he has nothing to do with economies within the states"

Oh really?? If he has nothing to do with economies within the states, then why are you blaming him for high unemployment? It's happening within the states ain't it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
9. I have never heard of "the great recession," nor do I see an end to high unemployment.
10. I don't know that acronym.
Never heard of "The Great Recession" and don't know what OBL stands for.

I think that's the problem right there.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
What you need to do is stop viewing things through Democrat colored glasses and take a look at reality.

He didn't fix the economy. His policies created the slowest economic recovery in almost a hundred years.
LOL. It's you who need to stop viewing things through Fox News. The recovery was slowed by the Republicans blocking, including the stimulus and Jobs Bill.

Republicans block popular piece of Obama jobs bill | Reuters

Republicans strongly oppose Obama stimulus plan - Washington Times

Quote:
He did absolutely nothing to fix the waiting times at the VA despite making speeches that he wouldn't rest until it was done. Dozens of veterans died on his watch waiting to receive medical care while Obama did nothing.
I'm curious where do people draw the line: Dozens of veterans died on Obama's watch VS Over 5,000+ Iraqi and Afghanistan veterans died under GW Bush's watch. You really want to go down this road?

Walter Reed Army Medical Center neglect scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Documents Show the VA Debacle Began Under George W. Bush | Mother Jones

I'm also dubious that a reasonable person would judge a presidency based so largely on a dozen veteran's death. Is it a bad thing? Sure. But is it really on the scale of things that define a president? Nope.

Quote:
Unemployment is not down because people are getting jobs. It is down because the labor force participation rate is lower than it has been in decades. Also, the new jobs that have been created have almost universally been lower class service industry and retail jobs that will not support a family.
The math doesn't jive with you. If it's just the labor force participation rate going down then there is no way in hell the unemployment rate can go from over 10% to now just over 6%.

Obama has created MORE JOBS than Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. combined. If people aren't getting jobs, who are these people who have been filling those newly created jobs?

Quote:
The administration counts people signing up for medicaid as signing up for Obamacare to inflate their numbers. The administration also does not consider the people who lost their previous insurance. The actual number of previously uninsured people who are now insured because of Obamacare is miniscule.
Millions of people is not minuscule

Quote:
The Obama administration "fixed" student loans by nationalizing them. That is in direct violation of the constitution. The federal government does not have the authority to require every student to get their loans through them. It is taking the freedom of choice away from both the banks and the students.
LOL. RWNJ likes to throw out Constitution violation at every turn. Even though they only have a faint idea what it says.

No, sorry, no Constitution violated occurred with the Student Loan reform. The only violation takes place in the realm of Constitutional knowledge.

Quote:

The Obama administration did not turn around the auto industry. The car companies which did not participate in the administration's bailout programs are doing just as well as the companies which did.

Different companies. That's like saying, you can put Lebron James or Mark Curry on your basketball team and the result would be the same.

Quote:
So I'm sorry to say that Obama has been a failure. When you look at the facts rather than at leftist propaganda, it is plain to see that the Obama administration hasn't accomplished a single one of its goals. Every single one of them has been a failure. The reset of foreign relations failed. The vow to increase transparency in government failed. The economic stimulus failed. The effort to give all Americans affordable health insurance failed. The effort to reform immigration law failed. The war on terror failed.
LOL. LOL.

Quote:
But of course I'm 99% sure you're more interested in your ideology than in reality so you'd rather come up with a fantasy of how liberal philosophy has worked than admit its failure.
I don't have to come up with fantasy. It has worked. Just look at the facts.

Go Economy Go! U.S. Jobs Report Is Strong For The Right Reasons. - Forbes

U.S. job growth surges, unemployment rate near six-year low | Reuters

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/04/bu...epartment.html

U.S. image unharmed by drones and surveillance, global study finds - LA Times

As GW Bush would say, It must be "hard work" being this ignorant in the face of facts all around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies