U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:29 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,905,351 times

Advertisements

I have stayed away from this thread because maybe my post offended some people.I apologize if that is so.It was not my intention

Old 11-05-2006, 05:01 PM

233 posts, read 813,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
I started this post because I have never been treated poorly consistently by anyone except for African Americans...it has just been my personal experience, and I am able to get along great with anyone...I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt, that's why I was so hurt when I moved to Lousiana...it wasn't reciprocated.
I guess I would just like to point out how different Black people are according to location. There are different forms of racism and prejudices, and Black people in each state deal with different levels of this. This can also be said for White people in different states.

I have visited Louisiana, and I do believe there is some animosity against White people. I also think there is a class issue as well, and it just so happen that the lower financial class is Black people. Yeah, I can imagine the friction.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:53 PM

4,489 posts, read 6,660,356 times
Civil war was not about slavery per se but about money.

The "north" region catered to the civil rights movement but in reality the north is more racist to minorities than the south on the basis knowing who doesn't like you and who does. For instance, would you rather know who is/are racist than not being able to tell?

Hopefully one day racism will cease to exist but at least in the "south" you know where the line is drawn hence the Mason/Dixon line.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:52 AM

Location: Southern California native, last 20 yrs in Milwaukee Wisc.
1,143 posts, read 3,319,773 times
Default Racism against whites

Black racism against whites, including violent acts, is very real. I know of many cases.. much more than the other way around (white racism against blacks). It is just that white racism, when it does occur, gets *much* more coverage than minority racism.
A white in public life just saying the N word will get much more news coverage than a minority somewhere who actually kills or rapes a white out of racial hatred.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:38 PM

327 posts, read 173,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYnowNC View Post
I guess I would just like to point out how different Black people are according to location. There are different forms of racism and prejudices, and Black people in each state deal with different levels of this. This can also be said for White people in different states.

I have visited Louisiana, and I do believe there is some animosity against White people. I also think there is a class issue as well, and it just so happen that the lower financial class is Black people. Yeah, I can imagine the friction.
Very well said. I also want people to know that I didn't start this thread to put anyone down...I'm an extremely curious person and I would like to find out why some people have such hostile feelings towards certain races. I've never understood that. As I stated in a previous post, it was my ancestors who were guilty of treating blacks horribly...why would someone treat me poorly for something I had nothing to do with? I've never truly understood racism...the way I see it, all of us are related to Adam and Eve. This is just something that I'm having a difficult time dealing with.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,021,654 times
or we're all related to the Leakey's Lucy. Just putting in a plug for East Africa, a place I like!

Old 11-06-2006, 08:06 PM

212 posts, read 667,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The term "reverse racism" is misleading.

If a black person doesn't like white people, that isn't reverse racism. It's just racism.

Racism is when you judge someone based upon their race. Period. The race in question has nothing to do with the meaning of the word.
You make a very good point Mark.

I deleted the first post because, well, I screwed up with quoting and coloring!

Old 11-07-2006, 09:08 PM

911 posts, read 3,199,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'd have to agree with this.

I'm fascinated with all the diversity there is in this country and how much we can learn from other cultures.
Like Drive-bys, Slinging Dope, Criminal behaviour, and un-wed mothers and poverty??

Old 11-08-2006, 06:26 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,175,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
Like Drive-bys, Slinging Dope, Criminal behaviour, and un-wed mothers and poverty??
Which culture most demonstrates those particular attributes, DeLaSalle?

Old 11-08-2006, 12:02 PM

61 posts, read 262,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
Just another example of subconciuos racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies