Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 03:25 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
because he cant engage, he knows that the tripe he is expounding is just that, tripe. he also knows the same thing we know, and that is all the alarmism is directed at those who dont think about things in detail, but rather just general terms. take the sea level rise for instance. we all know that it means 20ft eventually, like 500 years to get there, but they dont tell the general public that, so they can mask the reality and get the low information voter on their side.
I have decided to stop responding to dishonest debaters, for instance, your statement on science hiding sea level predictions from the public.... Future Climate Change | Climate Change | US EPA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 03:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sea level rise is something our kids and grand kids will deal with...Not us.
Actually, no.

C3: ? Are Oceans Rising

Old 07-27-2014, 03:54 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
I have decided to stop responding to dishonest debaters...
That is funny coming from one of the biggest habitual liars on City-Data. ROFL!

Old 07-27-2014, 04:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
I have decided to stop responding to dishonest debaters, for instance, your statement on science hiding sea level predictions from the public.... Future Climate Change | Climate Change | US EPA
i dont have an issue with science, what i have is an issue with people like you that do hide the true sea level rise. sorry but 3 millimeters per year is not much and will take 305 years, according to another poster, to reach one foot of sea level rise if the rate stays the same. that means when people constantly predict huge sea level increases of 12-20 ft, they dont say in 500 years, they just say 12-20 ft and let peoples imaginations run wild.

and you are yourself a dishonest debater. you sit there and refuse to read things posted by skeptics because you claim they are blogs, news articles, etc and have no real science behind them, and then turn around and post blogs, new articles, etc that have no real science behind them to support your argument, and demand that we skeptics reach a higher standard for what ever reason.

also you make claims, and when those claims are refuted, you say "thats not what i said", and when its proven that IS what you said, you then say "thats not what i meant". so you talk about dishonesty, you best get your act together first before trying eo beat someone over the head with that tactic.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
i dont have an issue with science, what i have is an issue with people like you that do hide the true sea level rise. sorry but 3 millimeters per year is not much and will take 305 years, according to another poster, to reach one foot of sea level rise if the rate stays the same. that means when people constantly predict huge sea level increases of 12-20 ft, they dont say in 500 years, they just say 12-20 ft and let peoples imaginations run wild.

and you are yourself a dishonest debater. you sit there and refuse to read things posted by skeptics because you claim they are blogs, news articles, etc and have no real science behind them, and then turn around and post blogs, new articles, etc that have no real science behind them to support your argument, and demand that we skeptics reach a higher standard for what ever reason.

also you make claims, and when those claims are refuted, you say "thats not what i said", and when its proven that IS what you said, you then say "thats not what i meant". so you talk about dishonesty, you best get your act together first before trying eo beat someone over the head with that tactic.
I made no claims because I'm not a climate scientist....I get info from climate scientists and pass it on....Did you even look at the site I linked to? They estimate the sea level to rise between 30 and 72 inches by 2100...Nowhere near 12 to 20 feet, and I have never claimed anything different.Try honesty for a change.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:47 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

It is nothing to believe. Anthropogenic climate change is about as strong a theory as can be.
In liberalspeak theories are invented nonsense only fools believe. Case in example - when any liberal denounces what a conservative says and deems it to be a conspiracy theory.

Which will it be today?

Old 07-27-2014, 04:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
I made no claims because I'm not a climate scientist....I get info from climate scientists and pass it on....Did you even look at the site I linked to? They estimate the sea level to rise between 30 and 72 inches by 2100...Nowhere near 12 to 20 feet, and I have never claimed anything different.Try honesty for a change.
even that is excessive, considering that some of the sites you linked to said 3mm. and other warming sites have claimed 12-20ft. the numbers are out there, and they are all over the place, and likely inaccurate as well. so stop peeing on me while calling it rain it wont wash.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Again View Post
Where is the warming at? Show me the increase in temperatures. Why are the temperatures in my state the exact same range as 50 years ago if warming has occurred. Why isn't it 125 degrees in the summer?

Time to put up or shut up. There is no global warming trend, thus, there is no global warming. End of story. Nothing else needs to be said.
What is your state....Is it the entire globe?

By the way the temperature has increased in virtually every state. Minnesota and Wisconsin are the US's Fastest Warming States | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building

Old 07-27-2014, 04:49 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
When AGW theory becomes fact, I will pay attention.

I don't think that will ever happen.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
even that is excessive, considering that some of the sites you linked to said 3mm. and other warming sites have claimed 12-20ft. the numbers are out there, and they are all over the place, and likely inaccurate as well. so stop peeing on me while calling it rain it wont wash.
Show me these sites, or better still show the posts I made that claimed these things....I'll bet that you cannot do it.

IPCC's predictions of sea level rise in their fifth assessment report...0.5 to 1.2 meters.
http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/unfccc/cop19/...ory13sbsta.pdf

Last edited by sanspeur; 07-27-2014 at 05:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies