Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 11:05 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
There is a lot of mutual respect between Dick Cheney and Hillary Clinton.
Interesting and true:

Dick Cheney to Hillary Clinton: Run! - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 01:58 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
You do know the election is over 2 years away don't you? Has anybody else announced? Why the hell should she have to announce so early?
You're right. But it doesn't change the point that she has not told us what she stands for (yet).

She is a weather vane.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:58 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I don't think Hillary knows what she stands for yet. She is waiting to announce her candidacy because she is waiting to see how the wind is blowing and whether can back what the wind says.

That means she isn't genuine. (No politician is).
She could announce her candidacy today and she still wouldn't say what she stands for. That's why so many on the left dislike her. She plays it safe and never shows true leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nope, just libs deflecting from a simple question they can't answer and trying to look clever while doing it.
And if anyone knows how to dodge question, it's you righties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeQ View Post
I would NEVER vote for her in a Democratic primary. I'm not at all sure she's electable and I think that's why she's being coy about announcing.

I wish Warren would run, but she keeps saying no, so I have to believe it's no. The democrats have some attractive alternatives (Cory Booker, Alan Grayson) but they have no chance, especially Grayson.
The reason she hasn't declared yet is because then it would be open season for the media and the right wing to attack her. Right now, they can't because it looks stupid to attack someone who isn't officially running for President. Warren keeps saying no for the same reason. Plus, the moment she declared, the Clintons would come after her and even Obama would be forced to choose sides. Imagine how bad that would look for Hillary if her former boss hesitated on endorsing her. Grayson would be a great VP. Warren/Grayson 2016. If only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Let's face it--identity politics is now the dog, and ideology/accomplishment is the tail. Susana Martinez is looking better and better as the R nominee to me. She can check 2 identity boxes, whereas Hillary has only 1.
Let's face it--you righties are fixated on identity politics and assume everyone else is too. Blacks didn't vote for Obama because he's black. They voted for him because blacks traditionally vote Democrat. If it were about race, blacks would've voted for Obama over Hillary. But at the start of the 2008 primary season, Hillary was leading among blacks. And if identity politics really mattered, then how come more women voted for Obama than McCain despite his putting Sarah Palin on the ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Right now we need the Leadership and directness of Gov. Rick Perry of Texas!
You mean Governor Oopd, the guy who wants to secede? LOL

Old 07-26-2014, 10:33 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane

Let's face it--you righties are fixated on identity politics and assume everyone else is too. Blacks didn't vote for Obama because he's black. They voted for him because blacks traditionally vote Democrat. If it were about race, blacks would've voted for Obama over Hillary. But at the start of the 2008 primary season, Hillary was leading among blacks. And if identity politics really mattered, then how come more women voted for Obama than McCain despite his putting Sarah Palin on the ticket?
Righties are not 'fixated on identity politics.' In fact I would argue that they bullheadedly ignore identity politics due to idealism about being 'color blind,' and then end up losing elections. I am not fixated on identity politics either, but I am fixated on reality, and identity politics is the reality these days.

You're going to tell me that righties are fixated on identity politics, and lefties are not? How does that comport with this?
Rahm Emanuel and the Politics of Race in Chicago

Quote:
People in this hardball town scarcely blinked at the bald racial calculations behind the recent "unity" summit (convened by the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson) to produce a single major black candidate for mayor, a process that ultimately rallied behind former Senator Carol Moseley Braun.
A black candidate who stepped aside last Friday, Congressman Danny K. Davis, made no secret that he and other African-American leaders feared a split in the black vote would hand a victory to the white candidate, Rahm Emanuel, or to the leading Latino contender, Gery Chico.
Note that there were no conservatives anywhere to be found in the race for mayor of Chicago.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:54 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope you want laughs you go with Bachmann, and add Palin, does not matter which goes for which office, I prefer Palin as Prez and Bachmann as VP, then I finally get to use my Moose and Squirrel label, I so missed out on that last time around, heck they could use that as the symbol.
Relevance??

Old 07-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
OP asks for insight/analysis of Hillary Clinton, and liberal posters seem to have a tough time answering, instead defaulting to their favorite parlor game of 3rd grade name-calling against R's. I think this speaks volumes.
It is right out of Alinsky's playbook. D'ya think liberals have a problem with being the bully or being bullied?

Old 07-27-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You silly, I said I would Never support her unless Cruz was her opponent, (the only current candidate worse for the Nation IMO). Maybe you should try paying closer attention to what I post instead of see my name and over reacting I was just having fun at the expense of Moose and her side kick Squirrel while I could they are always such a hoot, the laughs never stop coming.

Like most libs, you most likely never got the non existent punchline.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No, she is worse than any Republican candidate out there.
I would vote for a wild animal before I would vote for a Republican. Republicans have a 100% chance of ruining the country.

I already know the platform: tax cuts for the rich, cuts to social security and medicare, and attacks on the EPA.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Question For Liberals: What Does Hillary Clinton Stand For?

What does any politician stand for these days other than a lust for power and a job where they're never held accountable for their screw ups?

Old 07-28-2014, 09:05 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Like most libs, you most likely never got the non existent punchline.
What punchline? You want to know what she stands for look it up, the web will give you her stand on every issue we face. As I said, I would not support her, because of her stand on the issues, that is Unless the right goes full moonbat crazy and trots out a Tea Party guy or gal as their "alternative". You seem very concerned about Hillary, you shouldn't be unless you simply feel you have to run a TP'er, then you should be very concerned, Independents are more wary of TP'ers than Hillary because they already know what they would do to the Nation and it would not be a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies