Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Not according to the right wing nut jobs!!!!! In their twisted little minds if you're not a complete nut bar or azzhat then you can't be a conservative. Their existence guarantees the slow death of an intelligent conservative alternative. Such a thing does exist you know but is being drowned out by the RWNJ idiots!
Now the RWNJs are calling for throwing people into work camps for civil violations - something in direct violation of the 13th Amendment.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
It could be very wrong at a time when there are not enough jobs around for millions of American citizens.
Not really, because as we cleared illegals from the jobs they had, that would create openings for Americans. We should not use the fed to create jobs like this unless it is to replace welfare. besides fence building and tent prisons may serve as a deterrent .

Old 07-25-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Now the RWNJs are calling for throwing people into work camps for civil violations - something in direct violation of the 13th Amendment.
Now Leftwing nut jobs are calling names and not accepting that most illegals have violated more laws than just illegal entry.
Laws can be amended. Illegal entry laws for example. Obviously the slap on the finger tips isn't working.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:27 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Are you saying that putting illegals to work to offset the cost of their deportation is wrong?
Are you saying that slavery is wrong? I mean we're just making them pay their debt.

Maybe they could clean your house right?

Yes I'm saying that the united states abolished this practice, your urge to return us to the prior century is not helpful.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Are you saying that slavery is wrong? I mean we're just making them pay their debt.

Maybe they could clean your house right?

Yes I'm saying that the united states abolished this practice, your urge to return us to the prior century is not helpful.
Not slavery, they are paid to do the task. That isn't slavery. Criminals in prison are paid if they work. Is that slavery?
My urge is to make illegals pay off their debt. That debt being the cost of their deportation. They made a choice to violate our laws. They made a choice and with the choice comes consequences. Punishment to fit the crime. I can't imagine a more fitting punishment than to use them to build a fence that will help stem the flow of illegals.
No one made them come here illegally. No one made them commit document fraud, tax fraud or the many other laws they violated. They are getting paid minimum wage. How is it wrong to make them pay for their own deportation?

Old 07-25-2014, 07:34 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Perhaps Bachmann can teach the guards how to do the goosestep,too. After all, these camps would seem in sync with prisoners of 70 years ago.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:35 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not really, because as we cleared illegals from the jobs they had, that would create openings for Americans. We should not use the fed to create jobs like this unless it is to replace welfare. besides fence building and tent prisons may serve as a deterrent .
Excuse me!!!!!! We are talking about kids here!!! I doubt very much they are presently working anywhere.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Overstaying after legally entering is a civil offense (but only if they haven't been caught before).

Entering illegally is a crime.

Tourism is fine with me.

It is those that chose to employ the tourist that are the big problem.

Don't blame the tourist.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Excuse me!!!!!! We are talking about kids here!!! I doubt very much they are presently working anywhere.
Maybe you were, I wasn't. I responded to another post. First we need to define what a child is. Obama's definition can't be trusted because evidently there are late teens as many as 90% of the surge. I don't call late teens children. Do you? Because the lines have been blurred by Obama and his admin you can't separate the issues.
At any rate if the fence isn't being built die to expense, this labor of say teens of 14 or 15 on up could make it possible. Remember in the countries they come from 14 on up is certainly working age and some have already started making children of their own. They are not children.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:43 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
As I've already said, I think this idea is insane as is much of what Michelle Bachmann says. But why do you refuse to acknowledge that entering the US illegally is a crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies