Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 04:18 PM

144 posts, read 186,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No. You are wrong. Uneducated Blacks have Black Southern English and it is different that Educated Black and White Southern English. Some of that is regional, and based on ancestry that goes back to the 18th Century and gullah words that were only spoken/heard in black communities.

I hear black folks use words and grammar and accents that I NEVER hear in the white community and rarely hear in conversation with educated blacks. Of course, it should be mentioned, uneducated whites in the South use various speech constructions that neither educated white or blacks use, lol.

SO it is not as simple as saying that black Americans speak Southern English.
So Gullah words are pronouncication of English words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 06:49 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,117,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
that a good idea, but the black community doesn't want to be a united community they want their individually , I really believe the "proud to be black" of the early sixty has hurt the black community more than it help. yes we not talking uncle tom, but if one group would of went to the center, the opposite would had followed and then we would of been a more common group instead of fighting to be diffident.
I think you missed the focus of the 60's movement.

When black people were united, the leaders were assassinated, other leaders were jailed on bogus charges, drugs were pushed into the community and the job market dried up in many of our urban centers.

I'm not one to make excuses, but there's reasons why some in the black community are so far behind.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:00 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,382,937 times
ebonics
A poor excuse for a failure to grasp the basics of english. When in doubt, throw an "izzle" sound in the middle of any word of just string random thoughts together and insinuate that they actually mean something. When backed into a corner, you can always claim that it has something to do with a sort of symbolism or is a defining trait that makes your race great, versus own up to the fact that it is essentially laziness at it's finest.
Plim-plizzle, my nizzle, don' foget bouts tha six-fo, chuch, dawg up in da hood, chilly my grilly. fo

Old 07-26-2014, 07:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Listening to at least the younger Black ladies; those born about about 1985, that bad English is def showing signs of being tossed away. Black dudes: the "acting white" things does scare those who want to take care of business because many other Black guys kinda act like the KKK about "keeping the Black in his place".

Old 07-26-2014, 09:17 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,117,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
ebonics
A poor excuse for a failure to grasp the basics of english. When in doubt, throw an "izzle" sound in the middle of any word of just string random thoughts together and insinuate that they actually mean something. When backed into a corner, you can always claim that it has something to do with a sort of symbolism or is a defining trait that makes your race great, versus own up to the fact that it is essentially laziness at it's finest.
Plim-plizzle, my nizzle, don' foget bouts tha six-fo, chuch, dawg up in da hood, chilly my grilly. fo
Every race uses slang.

But I think you fail to understand swag and the difference between neutral/positive culture aspects and negative cultural aspects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies