Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 11:27 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
That probably explains why I'm not getting all of those enticing email offers from the head of Nigeria's Ministry of Finance that will make me rich. I guess with them all dropping from Ebola no one has time to run the scams at the cafes eh?
That scam was called out what ten or so years ago?? Maybe longer. If your still gettin emails about it then you may want to change your email address..........lol

Old 07-27-2014, 11:29 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So let em die................don't blow it out of proportion? Or when 1500 die is that enough for you? Where is your "line in the sand"? Probably when one of yours is the dying one I would guess.
Get a grip. No one is letting them die (though not much more can be done). There is simply no case for alarm and certainly no rational explanation other than racism for the over-reaction from you on the right.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Get a grip. No one is letting them die (though not much more can be done). There is simply no case for alarm and certainly no rational explanation other than racism for the over-reaction from you on the right.
LOL............are you kidding me now................racism?? Good Lord you folks are nuts. One is a "racist" now if they don't let Ebola carriers in. Do see how insane that even sounds when I type it?

Old 07-27-2014, 11:47 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Shall all firefighters, soldiers, police and other people who put their lives on the line stay home because they have children? What happens to the children of other people when they do?
The odds of a firefighter, soldier, police officer and others who put their lives on the line every day returning home safely are much higher than a doctor who comes into close contact with an Ebola patient. It was all but certain he would become infected. His choice, not mine, but I can have my opinion on it. Let the African doctors be the front line soldiers on this. We can send advice, meds and supplies from a distance, doing research in a controlled lab environment to seek a cure.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
The odds of a firefighter, soldier, police officer and others who put their lives on the line every day returning home safely are much higher than a doctor who comes into close contact with an Ebola patient. It was all but certain he would become infected. His choice, not mine, but I can have my opinion on it. Let the African doctors be the front line soldiers on this. We can send advice, meds and supplies from a distance, doing research in a controlled lab environment to seek a cure.
Why are we even talking about Ebola? No reason to be nor have been for many years. There is no cure...........these animals that bring it are the problem. Just like how all these diseases start in China. Bunch of animals living with animals.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:15 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Seriously? What did he expect would happen? That's like hearing that someone was killed in one of those flying squirrel suits and acting surprised about it.

Brave? Yes. Foolhardy? Definitely! His first obligation as a parent was to make sure he would be there for his children. Running off to Africa to treat Ebola patients flies right in the face of that duty.
I didn't say he made a choice I would have made, or even the best choice (those are often the same, but not always! ). But there's nothing wrong with my choice to be concerned for him and his family.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:17 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
LOL............are you kidding me now................racism?? Good Lord you folks are nuts. One is a "racist" now if they don't let Ebola carriers in. Do see how insane that even sounds when I type it?
Quote:
Why are we even talking about Ebola? No reason to be nor have been for many years. There is no cure...........these animals that bring it are the problem. Just like how all these diseases start in China. Bunch of animals living with animals.
One need not be a liberal to know where you come from. Thanks for making my point.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
One need not be a liberal to know where you come from. Thanks for making my point.
Where I come from? That makes no sense at all other than you think anyone who disagrees with anybody is some sort of racist. You take an ebola runner into your home hero. PROVE your not a racist. lol

Old 07-27-2014, 12:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
150 afflicted people out of 170,000,000 people is not "running wild". Thank you internet media for blowing the problem way, way, way out of proportion. Keep it in perspective.
It's not running wild, but it's more than 150 people afflicted.

As of yesterday, the World Health Organization reported at least 1093 people KNOWN to be infected. Over 650 have died.
Ebola virus reaches Nigeria's biggest city, Lagos - CNN.com

The frightening thing is that the disease has now reached the city of Lagos, which is Nigeria's largest city. This could be catastrophic.

The really frightening thing is that this particular patient in Lagos GOT OFF A PLANE at the Lagos airport sick with Ebola. Since Ebola symptoms can take 21 days to manifest, it's imperative that the other passengers/travelers/crew members who came in contact with him be isolated - and I'm not sure if you've ever been to the Lagos airport but my husband has - and it's a mad house. There is no telling who the man came into contact with during his travels.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:43 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Seriously? What did he expect would happen? That's like hearing that someone was killed in one of those flying squirrel suits and acting surprised about it.

Brave? Yes. Foolhardy? Definitely! His first obligation as a parent was to make sure he would be there for his children. Running off to Africa to treat Ebola patients flies right in the face of that duty.
By working on the disease, he is helping to ensure that his children (or grandchildren) might not ever have to suffer or die from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies