Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 10:14 PM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times

Advertisements

Agree mostly. I think the modern Democrats are completely sinister, and that has only come to the forefront since Obama. I knew lots of old Southern Democrats growing up that wouldn't stand for this, but neither are they onboard with corporatism in the Republican mainstream. I think the true answer is going to come out of conservatism populism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 11:10 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The growth in minorities has to do with immigration
As I explained in another thread, it's not just due to immigration:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
We already know that...

1) Nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid (medical care public assistance program for the poor).
Medicaid Pays For Nearly Half of All Births in the United States | publichealth.gwu.edu

2) Those who receive public assistance have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. Stats and citations, here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32045595-post217.html

3) 70% of those who are born into poverty never even make it to the middle class.
Only 30% of those born poor ever make it to the middle class

How is that sustainable going forward? What's your plan for paying to support all those additional people, 70% of which are likely to need some or several forms of public assistance for life?

Let's take a look at the enormity of the problem using a numerical example...

Because we now have nearly 50% Medicaid births, we'll do a 1 to 1 comparison: 1 million receiving public assistance, 1 million not receiving such, the latest published birth rate numbers for each group (halved because the rates were reported for women only), and the formula for predicting future population: future value = present value x (e)^kt, where e equals the constant 2.71828, k equals the rate of increase (expressed as a decimal, rate taken from the U.S. Census data), and t is the number of years.

After 20 years, the population of those not receiving public assistance will have grown from 1 million to 1.75 million.

After 20 years, the population of those very likely needing public assistance will have grown from 1 million to 4.953 million, 3.467 million of which will never rise above poverty.

1.75 million paying taxes to support social programs for 3.467 million after just 20 years. The poverty class is growing at twice the rate of everyone else.

Providing for an exponentially growing welfare-dependent class is unsustainable. That's a mathematical certainty.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:27 AM

335 posts, read 421,772 times
Both sides keep us occupied with stupid invented controversies. If we focus on keeping gay marriage illegal or gun laws that cannot work, we ignore the creeping corporate/police state domination of our country and way of life. We focus on our differences rather than the 90% of things we generally agree on.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:47 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
As usual, you're wrong. The growth in minorities has to do with immigration and the need to remedy the inverted population curve. It's what's being done by every first world country but Japan. Should you want to talk about issues like this, you should understand demographics first.

There's going to be no race war or civil war. Just a bunch of clueless tea tin foil hat wearing types sitting in their double wides talking about how the sky is falling.
So we don't have a huge illegal immigration problem that is changing our demographics and depleting our welfare coffers and other resources? Americans aren't being replaced on their jobs by illegal aliens? Our schools, jails and hospitals aren't being overcrowded by illegal immigration? Population growth by legal minorities is one thing but growth via illegal immigration is unacceptable. To my knowledge the teaparty objects to the latter not the former and your crack about them living in trailer parks and your diminishment of a very serious problem says a lot about you. Will there be a civil war? I doubt it but Americans for the rule of law have been out in droves protesting in the last couple of weeks. Expect more to follow and change is going to occur whether you like it or not.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:31 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
This is a good thread. With a few exceptions, it's a good discussion. No matter which side you favor, it's true that neither of our parties has our (the people) best interest in mind.

I gave lot of reps here, I agree with most of the posts.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:34 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
This is a good thread. With a few exceptions, it's a good discussion. No matter which side you favor, it's true that neither of our parties has our (the people) best interest in mind.

I gave lot of reps here, I agree with most of the posts.

The right-wing really needs to stop perpetuating the bull**** that both parties are the same.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

The right-wing really needs to stop perpetuating the bull**** that both parties are the same.
I tend to vote left, and I think they are pretty much the same. Different in their rhetoric, but pretty much the same in their actions.

Both parties suck. Which set of lies is more pallatable to you?

Old 07-28-2014, 08:01 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

I don't identify as either a Democrat, or a Republican, and I can assure that at the federal, and state levels, there are very few differences between the two parties.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:16 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
20-25 years from today, the demographics are remade. The underclass is the majority. Baby boomers are dying, leaving behind little money. Social programs face bankruptcy.
We won't make it that long before a financial collapse. O will likely see the collapse during his presidency.

The leeches will either learn to support themselves or die.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:29 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
As usual, you're wrong. The growth in minorities has to do with immigration and the need to remedy the inverted population curve. It's what's being done by every first world country but Japan. Should you want to talk about issues like this, you should understand demographics first.

There's going to be no race war or civil war. Just a bunch of clueless tea tin foil hat wearing types sitting in their double wides talking about how the sky is falling.
I'm impressed. I did not think there were many, if any, on this forum who really understood why immigration is necessary for the US. On top of that, we are truly fortunate that our immigrants are mostly from next door and are quite like us when you get right down to it. Assimilation will be relatively easy compared to the challenge facing other first world countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies