Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:14 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A new way for RWNJ to shoot themselves.

Yay!

Only right wingers own guns?

I thought that was a leftist mantra....we lefties own guns also...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 12:27 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Seems like the one's who do go on a shooting spree with them. That's all guns are good for according to the left wing nuts, they can't imagine any other use for them.

The non nut lefties seem to shoot just about anything, too bad there aren't more of them.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:38 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Lefties own guns. They just don't shoot themselves with them.

In fact, 3D printing guns is exactly the type of thing that appeals to intellectuals like liberals. As a matter of fact, 3D printing was invented.... by a liberal.

Last edited by beb0p; 07-28-2014 at 12:46 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 12:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

God I can not wait until the affordable 3D metal printer arrives.
Great, now every loony-tunes and disaffected young loner with some technical ability can build their own gun and do some really effective mass shootings.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
What about guns that have never been available? Ronnie Barrett had that idea in the 1980's but he had to buy his own metal working equipment and install it in his garage to get started. His first 50 rifles were built there. Nemo Arms seemed to like the AR platform but was limited to cartridges longer than 51mm. R&D would have been much faster and cheaper in adapting the AR style rifle to the .300 WIN Mag round.

Because you don't have the inclination to do this, doesn't mean that others don't. I have no urge to build my own car but there are even TV shows dedicated to that.

I want to build my own receivers so that only I know I have them. I also want to work with custom colors when anodizing.
True that is the case with all new weapons designs. Ever fire a Barret? God they are fun, only got to put 10 rounds down range, the rounds cost waaaaay too much, but it was a hoot. Would not own one though, talk about a heavy pig, the M60 I carred was lighter even with a belt attached. A good 30.06 or 300 Mag would do the job nearly as well, just have reduce the range and not as good against vehicles, cheaper and more affordable ammo.
Well that is they perogative, I do not really care all that much, personally I see no need for myself and do not have the wants either. You can buy all the machines you need to build about any gun you would want right now, so I guess the 3D Printer mainly helps those that are not craftsmen in gunsmithing and building, could be usefult for a desginer. Oh there are some good color choices out there already, I prefer sand colors because lighter colors do not stand out as much as the black ones do, even camo finishes often look dark and standing out is often the last thing one wants for several reasons.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:56 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
That's pretty cool... I wonder what caliber and how much it would cost to make one...
The cost of a printer about 3 grand, plus the spool of ABS with is about 50 bucks.

Its a Ruger 10/22 is it is a 22LR.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:58 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Great, now every loony-tunes and disaffected young loner with some technical ability can build their own gun and do some really effective mass shootings.
They already can. That's the how-to video below if you have 10 minutes to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U32cxlDF5Eg

Old 07-28-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why? Why not just go down and buy the gun you want knowing it will be well made and have a warranty? Seems silly to be so excited about 3D printers when many of the processes would still be out of your capabilities such as the inside of the barrel. To me it is alot of excitement about nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you obviously do not understand how 3D printing works do you? when you design the barrel, including the rifling, the printer takes all that into account, and as it lays down material, it takes into account the rifling in the bore. what you get is a finished piece.
You can always use a metal barrel as well...

Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really so it crome lines your barrel, Really? Me thinks not. The machine that does the actual work has limits, just so ya know.
As I asked why the excitement? Why not just buy what you want, or is what you want illegal?
It does have limits, to about 1/1000th of a inch...

Old 07-28-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
The government and Gun companies won't let allow it to get very far. The government will want control. The ATF will want to keep their jobs, power, and funding. Democrats and antigun groups will use fear mongering to drum up support and outrage from their base. Gun companies, for obvious reasons, will also not support 3D printing.
Its too late, with a single 3rd printer you can make countless other printers....

They can stop the signal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies