Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
Pro-Life 55 34.38%
Pro-Choice 105 65.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 08:32 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I am against legalized MURDER in any form. I won't even kill a bird. Life is precious. I believe in personal responsibility for one's own actions. There is no need for abortion in this day and age. Condoms have been available for 50 cents for a long time. Not only will condoms prevent pregnancy they can also help prevent some disease and inflammation. I say it is a stupid female who will allow a male to enter into her without protection. All of us faced the same desires and situations as these women face now. It is noting new. I loved my own wife long before we were married. She was not pregnant when we got married and we were married for five years until we could afford to have a child before she got pregnant. That's family planning.
So you are a strict vegan, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 08:34 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,491 times
I am a fiscal conservative but am moderate socially. I believe in a woman's right to make that decision. She is the one who will have to raise the kid, support it, etc. In most cases of single motherhood, the father's are nowhere in sight. I do, however, feel that birth control should be mandatory for anyone who in the past has had a "mistake" pregnancy. No, it can't be enforced, but in an ideal world, it would.

Adoption is probably not something most women would consider. Yeah, I know..again, in an ideal world it would be, but it is too emotional to give birth to a baby and then hand it over.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Mostly pro-life. I'm okay with the standard exceptions. But I don't think abortion should be used in place of birth control, because these are actual lives with which we are dealing.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:36 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
False choice as usual.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
A vegan still kills animals.

Shampoo.....tooth paste.....tires.....all have animal products in them.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:42 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I have to agree. Having said that I will certainly use force to defend myself if it is initiated against me.
Of course. Because I will not initiate force against someone else does not mean I will not use any and all force I deem necessary to repel someone who initiates it against me.

Goes like this - I'll never pick a fight, but if somebody swings at me, I am throwing down until one of us is unconscious.

People think the nonaggression axiom means pacifist, won't defend myself. Yeah...NO. Just means I'll never pick the fight, that's all. Pick the fight with me, and we can have that party, no sweat.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:45 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Strict vegans indirectly kill. If they purchase a vegetable, they had a hand in the willful killing of countless insects in the ground whence said vegetable came. Any vegan who doesn't live like a Jainist monk is a hypocrite to some degree.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:46 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times
Quote:
Has nothing to do with the issue whatsoever. My position was made perfectly clear.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:47 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I am pro-life because I believe everybody deserves a chance at life. Obviously there are special cases where abortion may be the only choice such as rape or when the mother's life is in danger, but I feel like its unfair to have one just because you may not be "ready" since there is always the option of adoption.
Everyone should be pro-life, in that we all believe that at some point, the fetus is an actual, live, human baby.

Unless you are a monster, then at some point, whether its in the second trimester or during the last month, or during birth, then you will admit that we are talking about a small human being deserving of it's right to life, and not something akin to a clump of cells in a Petri dish.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:47 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
I am a fiscal conservative but am moderate socially. I believe in a woman's right to make that decision. She is the one who will have to raise the kid, support it, etc. In most cases of single motherhood, the father's are nowhere in sight. I do, however, feel that birth control should be mandatory for anyone who in the past has had a "mistake" pregnancy. No, it can't be enforced, but in an ideal world, it would.

Adoption is probably not something most women would consider. Yeah, I know..again, in an ideal world it would be, but it is too emotional to give birth to a baby and then hand it over.
So it's better to MURDER it than to give it over to some woman who is barren but can afford to raise it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies