Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 12:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times

Advertisements

Hey--as long as this is "Obama's Economy" we should congratulate him on the recent economic growth.

U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter | Reuters

BBC News - US economy grows by 4% after harsh winter weather

US Economic Growth Speeds Up Sharply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 12:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
So Obama is to blame for people's bad spending habits? Your article even says "Their mortgages, auto loans or student debt pile up, unpaid. Even past-due gym membership fees or cellphone contracts can end up with a collection agency". That's not Obama's fault if someone forgets to pay their cell phone bill.

Personally, I think state and community college should be free, by the way. Just raise the academic requirements.
Blame Obama.... lol No way, can't do that, he's the one and is never wrong <sarcasm>

Since you are not smart enough to figure it out I'll spell it out. Liberals encourage dependency and irresponsibility. That's why the irresponsible love Obama.... Obama gives them an excuse so they can blame everyone else.

It cracks me up when these same people call the mortgage loans predatory. If people were knowledge, smart and not expecting to get something they couldn't afford then they wouldn't have signed the dotted line. The smart will always prey on the dumb.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Blame Obama.... lol No way, can't do that, he's the one and is never wrong <sarcasm>

Since you are not smart enough to figure it out I'll spell it out. Liberals encourage dependency and irresponsibility. That's why the irresponsible love Obama.... Obama gives them an excuse so they can blame everyone else.

It cracks me up when these same people call the mortgage loans predatory. If people were knowledge, smart and not expecting to get something they couldn't afford then they wouldn't have signed the dotted line. The smart will always prey on the dumb.
Wow, just wow.

So, how do you explain the FACT that the percentage is lower NOW than it was in 2004??????

From the OP's link (again):

"Yet roughly the same percentage of people are still getting reported for unpaid bills, according to the Urban Institute study performed in conjunction with researchers from the Consumer Credit Research Institute. Their figures nearly match the 36.5 percent of people in collections reported by a 2004 Federal Reserve analysis."

Old 07-30-2014, 01:05 PM

792 posts, read 634,766 times
Quote:

So you support not prosecuting fraudsters and scammers?

Subprime mortgages were pushed on people by salesmen. Often, they glossed over the negatives and risk of subprime derivatives.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:06 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:

Why can't conservatives open their mouths without sounding stone cold whack crazy?

You forgot to mention liberals also encourage animal sacrifice, alien invasions, practice the Dark Force, and are in bed with both Voldemont and Sauron.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Why can't conservatives open their mouths without sounding stone cold whack crazy?

You forgot to mention liberals also encourage animal sacrifice, alien invasions, practice the Dark Force, and are in bed with both Voldemont and Sauron.

Darth Vader was a liberal. How do I know this? Because he supported big government in the Empire.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
So you support not prosecuting fraudsters and scammers?

Subprime mortgages were pushed on people by salesmen. Often, they glossed over the negatives and risk of subprime derivatives.

I SAID the smart will always prey on the dumb and people who think they deserve something they can't afford.

Salesman LOL, NO F**** KIDDING. Because they ARE DUH! Do people think that banks are social institutions? Wow, NYRhockeyfan, wake up. Banks are in business to make money and had qualification terms until government "got involved" and forced that the standard be lowered.

And no, I don't support fraudsters and scammers like Obama and his ilk.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I DID say the the smart will always prey on the dumb and people who think they deserve something they can't afford. Salesman lol, NO F**** KIDDING. That is because they ARE DUH!

And no, I don't support fraudsters and scammers like Obama and his ilk.
How exactly is Obama responsible for someone forgetting to pay their cell phone bill?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:12 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
When people run up the debt on their own loans, credit cards, etc.. I blame THE PEOPLE. It's your personal debt. Can you live without whatever it is that is putting you in debt (except basic food, shelter, clothing). If you choose to go into debt above that, it's on you. Everybody thinks they need a lot but really, people can exist of far less. I do. No cable, no internet, no handheld electronic devices, no new car, no home owning, no eating out. And no debt. I get along just fine. Now when the national debt is run up, that's the administration's and congress' fault. And it doesn't matter who is in office.......

Old 07-30-2014, 01:15 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Wow, just wow.

Ain't it great that all of these self-appointed 'smart people' are here to 'splain' things to dumb liberals? Just think -- if they were employed or doing anything productive, they simply wouldn't have the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies