Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:46 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times

Advertisements

The constitution, of course but I don't think it means what it says so I just do what I think it says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 07:47 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Serpentine!

Old 08-01-2014, 07:53 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Do what ever you want, just don't ask me to pay for it

Old 08-01-2014, 08:00 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Don't lie to me.
To most, lies are more a necessity of life than money, especially when money is scarce.

And, especially more, when the money is fake.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:04 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,156,860 times
1. the truth please
2. develop policy based on facts
3. government and religion should never mix
4. recognize that perspective may change over time; changing your position on an issue is OK
5. less is more

Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
Matthew 22: 39

Pretty straight forward.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:25 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Matthew 22: 39

Pretty straight forward.
Doesn't mention how to deal with corporations.

I bought a new lawnmower yesterday and asked the store if they sold non-detergent oil for it since it didn't come with an oil filter, or a very easy way of changing the oil.

I asked him how you change the oil in the damn thing because I couldn't find a drain plug anywhere (there wasn't one) (You have to turn the mower upside down and drain it through the filler cap). So he said he'd go get the expert repairman to explain it to me. Instead he came back with the owner's manual, which didn't even mention changing the oil, but did have diagrams showing how to use the dipstick. This is important because the mower would definitely be consuming oil.

The manual didn't warn against using ethanol gas, even though a high percentage of the lawn mowing public knows dat chit will eat a lawnmower up in no time at all.

I'd go back to using goats for all of my lawn grooming needs if it weren't so illegal.

Wonder what Matthew would have to say about eating Monsanto.

At least the Jews and Muslims are diet-guided.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:41 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
1. Respect for Property Rights: if it is not yours you have no right to it.

2.Nationality Sovereignty: keeping America, its sovereignty, its borders, and its culture of liberty secure from all enemies both foreign and domestic.

3. Understanding and Defense of the Constitution: Understand the few roles of the Federal and State Government and restricting the government to those roles.

4. Protecting and Securing the Borders: Understanding that borders matter, and immigration can aid a nation as surely as if left unchecked and tightly monitored, all people and cultures are not equal in the values, views, and politics.

5. Free Markets: Allowing people to succeed and fail based on their merit, skill and hard work, not picking and choosing people based on who they know, or how gave more to your election bid.

6. Understanding the Value of Liberty: Must know that trading liberty for security is a faustian deal that never ends in anything other then tyranny and war...“A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.” ― John Adams

7. Sound Money: Must know the value of a currency back with precious metal and know the dangers of inflation and fiat currency.

8. Defense of the 2nd Amendment: Must understand the reason and purpose of the 2nd Amendment, its value, and the horrors of what happens to a disarmed or under armed citizenry. Must work to repeal laws on the books.
Cant rep you until I have spread the love. But this is a very well thought out.

Your point #5 touches upon the issue of governmental regulation, though not stated explicitly. A free market can easily be subverted due to special interests bribing our elected so called representatives into passing laws that favor the bribers.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:24 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
2) A government of, by and for the people, deriving its just powers from the consent of the governed CAN NOT HAVE POWERS DELEGATED TO IT NOR INVENTED THAT THE INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN THEMSELEVES DO NOT POSSESS. I shouted that one because it is the most broken thing about most governments, ours included. Stealing from someone else, as in I go up to them with a gun, demand the contents of their wallet, then run off, is called theft. No individual has this right, and we have a ton of criminal laws dedicated to codifying and punishing such activities. How then does government have the right to commit theft? Make no mistake, welfare is theft almost exactly like being mugged, except muggers are more intellectually honest and have the courage to do it face to face. And oh yes, I do include corporate welfare chief among the forms of welfare I speak of. Stealing from me and giving it to McDonnell Douglas for a bloated vaporware program is no different than giving it to baby momma living in the trailer park with her 11 kids by 10 guys. No different at all. I was robbed, they got the loot. No different than being mugged.
Let's Legalize Rape

The principle of self-ownership.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:44 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
All functions of the government, other than talking to other governments and protecting/securing/defending the natural rights of the individual with a proper legal framework, can be done by the private sector, and liberty would prefer they were.
Are you more minarchist or anarchist? It sounds like we agree on everything except maybe this section. I don't think government has any legitimate function at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies