Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 03:00 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

So what really kicked Watergate off was the DNC's offices being broken into (also some CIA involvement there-wich is why I say...again)

So now we have discovered that the CIA broke into the senate computers, and hacked them in order to gather emails, and information about the Senates investigation of the CIA for torture, and other various bad things.

Originally the CIA director claimed
Quote:
"As far as allegations about CIA hacking into Senate computers, nothing could be further from the truth," he said. "We wouldn't do that. That's just beyond the scope of reason."
But now recently he has admitted that the CIA did in fact do this thing that was "beyond the scope of reason".

Anyone else see some similarities?

I think people need to go to prison. And CIA director Brennan needs to resign or be terminated. This is a big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 03:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

I think people need to go to prison. And CIA director Brennan needs to resign or be terminated. This is a big deal.
Yes, it is a big deal, but since this is currently a Democrat administration, you will find no media interest in pursuing, and no criticism of Obama for the same failure.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Yes, it is a big deal, but since this is currently a Democrat administration, you will find no media interest in pursuing, and no criticism of Obama for the same failure.
This post sat here for 30 minutes with no response. Oddly....I dont think we can point to no media interest, or Democrats.

Its a lot of Democrats calling for the CIA director to resign, and the Oregon's Senator Wydens been pretty intense about this as well as Udall-also a Democrat. And the report is about actions a Republican administration did.

And its been reported by Huffington post, not exactly a "no one"

I really do feel like this is incredibly similar to the Watergate scandal in some respects, but it seems more of a CIA led thing.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
This post sat here for 30 minutes with no response. Oddly....I dont think we can point to no media interest, or Democrats.

Its a lot of Democrats calling for the CIA director to resign, and the Oregon's Senator Wydens been pretty intense about this as well as Udall-also a Democrat. And the report is about actions a Republican administration did.

And its been reported by Huffington post, not exactly a "no one"

I really do feel like this is incredibly similar to the Watergate scandal in some respects, but it seems more of a CIA led thing.
Funny how you have to try to divert attention from the fact that Obama is doing precisely nothing, and you won't criticism him for doing nothing.

It's amazing how party and ideological loyalty on the left transcends all matters of morality, law, and decency.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:59 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
It may be more likely that it's the Republicans that will show no interest or support for an investigation. This is what the CIA was after:

"Committee Democrats have spent more than five years working on a report about the C.I.A.’s detention and interrogation program during the Bush administration, which employed brutal interrogation methods like waterboarding. Parts of that report, which concluded that the techniques yielded little valuable information and that C.I.A. officials consistently misled the White House and Congress about the efficacy of the techniques, are expected to be made public some time this month. Committee Republicans withdrew from the investigation, saying that it was a partisan smear and without credibility because it was based solely on documents and that there were no plans to interview C.I.A. officers who ran the program."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/01/wo...on-report.html

Yes, OP, I do think this is a real scandal, but the question is, will anyone notice it amid the noise of all the phony "scandals" taking up the bulk of media airplay and Congress' time and attention these days? Probably not.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It may be more likely that it's the Republicans that will show no interest or support for an investigation. This is what the CIA was after:

"Committee Democrats have spent more than five years working on a report about the C.I.A.’s detention and interrogation program during the Bush administration, which employed brutal interrogation methods like waterboarding. Parts of that report, which concluded that the techniques yielded little valuable information and that C.I.A. officials consistently misled the White House and Congress about the efficacy of the techniques, are expected to be made public some time this month. Committee Republicans withdrew from the investigation, saying that it was a partisan smear and without credibility because it was based solely on documents and that there were no plans to interview C.I.A. officers who ran the program."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/01/wo...on-report.html

Yes, OP, I do think this is a real scandal, but the question is, will anyone notice it amid the noise of all the phony "scandals" taking up the bulk of media airplay and Congress' time and attention these days? Probably not.
There are no "phony scandals" as Obama likes to say. He also said there wasn't a smidgeon of corruption in the IRS, which is equally as large of a lie as calling them phony scandals.

If this guy were a Republican, the Democrats would have impeached him long ago - don't forget, they DID TRY to impeach Bush.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Funny how you have to try to divert attention from the fact that Obama is doing precisely nothing, and you won't criticism him for doing nothing.

It's amazing how party and ideological loyalty on the left transcends all matters of morality, law, and decency.
No I think I will give him some time to do something rather then scream for immediate unthoughtful action. He's done that before to try and placate folks calling for immediate action, and made mistakes.

This has nothing to do with party or ideological loyalty, trying to make it about that is both divisive and foolish.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
No I think I will give him some time to do something rather then scream for immediate unthoughtful action. He's done that before to try and placate folks calling for immediate action, and made mistakes.

This has nothing to do with party or ideological loyalty, trying to make it about that is both divisive and foolish.
Oh, it's EVERYTHING about party and ideology.

He has had all the time he needs and then some. Remember how he said he has a pen and a phone?

If I were president and it came to my attention that the CIA had spied on Congress, I would have SCORES of people in chains in 48 hours. I do not need "time" to determine that wrong was done. The fact that you want him to have "time" to let the furor die down, or to create false stories like Benghazi for election purposes, is the most clear evidence one can have that I am precisely correct about this.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:28 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
This should be a reason for bipartisan criticism of the CIA but don't let a moment pass without making it political.

I don't know maybe Obama asked the CIA to spy on the senate intelligence committee

My understanding was that they were attempting to find the source of a leak when they hacked into the Senate Intelligence computers. Regardless, John Brennan should resign this is a rather a large infraction and he doesn't know what his own organization is doing.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, it's EVERYTHING about party and ideology.

He has had all the time he needs and then some. Remember how he said he has a pen and a phone?

If I were president and it came to my attention that the CIA had spied on Congress, I would have SCORES of people in chains in 48 hours. I do not need "time" to determine that wrong was done. The fact that you want him to have "time" to let the furor die down, or to create false stories like Benghazi for election purposes, is the most clear evidence one can have that I am precisely correct about this.
Jesus wept, scores of people in chains in 48 hours.....and then when it turned out only 2 were involved, you'd be "oh sorry about that". No you do this right, and you take the time to do it right.

Do I expect that a president SHOULD do something? Yes! But not go off with no plan or thought behind it! Sheesh. If he had done that folks would be screaming for his head about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies