Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 08:05 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,815,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aah, I see it's a bias that mistrusts that a pew poll undertaken in an area run by terrorists and calling for peace against the terrorist manifesto dictates is accurate to any degree whatsoever. The proof is in the pudding of having Hamas being placed in charge, or are you suggesting (like Pelosi) it's a humanitarian org?

Now, why are all your posts based on overt hypocrisy?
OMG what is wrong with you? You don't even know anything about the poll in question. You are just making stuff up as you go along.

I feel bad that I even have to point this out- you are super dishonest, with yourself, and with the people you are talking to on this forum.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,389,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
How interesting! Maybe it is almost as much as Israel gets from the U.S. to blow up Palestinian children:

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

Zimar; you take the cake kiddo! Your ability to grow hair on a turnip is astounding.

War is hell youngster and if you have any doubt whatsoever about that don't start one just to find out how bad they can be.

Israel did not start this one any more than it did the other ones it's had to fight to survive.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 PM

38,984 posts, read 27,378,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What you stated was that war is unfair, that seems to be license for killing innocent women and children in what are some very large numbers.

The chance for solutions was after the last war, every administration has made attempts. Israel is in a position of power backed by the full force of the US, the Palestinians are at their mercy. Terrorist groups like Hamas don't just appear on the horizon, they arrive because some have no other choice.
In the ideal world there will be no war. But we are not living in an ideal world, at least, not today.

NO wars have ever been fair even though there are rules of engagements because wars are started by people who are driven by hatred, biases, economic interests, religious differences.

So expect war to be fair is just silly. I think you've read too much into my word. I don't have to imply things, if I want to say something, I would say it.

bolded is bs by the way. Not using their children as human shield is not a choice? Not teaching their children hatred is not a choice? Really?

Old 08-04-2014, 08:08 PM

410 posts, read 396,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Maybe because younger generations are getting wise to the poison that religion can be?
Both sides are wrong. Both have perverted whatever whatever 'morality' they claimed for the fighting that has gone on for thousands of years.
There are about a dozen "major" and about four thousand "minor" religions in this world.
Not all of them are about wars and conquests.

I do agree that in the case of Israel and Palestine, both sides are wrong.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:10 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,815,909 times
Quote:
Zimar; you take the cake kiddo! Your ability to grow hair on a turnip is astounding.

War is hell youngster and if you have any doubt whatsoever about that don't start one just to find out how bad they can be.

Israel did not start this one any more than it did the other ones it's had to fight to survive.
Oh bless your heart. You have no facts to back you up so you resort to colloquialisms like "hair on a turnip" and "war is hell." And here I thought war was a picnic! Maybe we should help Israel out and stop giving them money to fight war, then being as advanced as they are they'll come up with a creative solution. Or maybe just pay for it all themselves!!!

Sorry I see through your cheap rhetorical tricks! Either come up with something better or stop responding to my posts.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:12 PM

38,984 posts, read 27,378,163 times
The bottom line is that we should just offer both parties some prayers. Wish they can resolve their conflicts in a peaceful way. And stay out of their countries and out of their businesses.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:14 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,174,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
There are about a dozen "major" and about four thousand "minor" religions in this world.
Not all of them are about wars and conquests.

I do agree that in the case of Israel and Palestine, both sides are wrong.
That's why I said "what poison religion CAN be". It's not bad in and of itself. It is bad when people use it as a means of control. Didn't mean to paint with such a broad brush...sorry. :-)

Old 08-04-2014, 08:15 PM

77,837 posts, read 60,003,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You and your link just lost all credibility with what's highlighted in red.

If you're not going to be honest, why would anyone want to discuss the issue with you.
Which is why there is an ignore feature for the posters around here incapable of rationale discussion.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:17 PM

56,930 posts, read 25,867,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In the ideal world there will be no war. But we are not living in an ideal world, at least, not today.

NO wars have ever been fair even though there are rules of engagements because wars are started by people who are driven by hatred, biases, economic interests, religious differences.

So expect war to be fair is just silly. I think you've read too much into my word. I don't have to imply things, if I want to say something, I would say it.

bolded is bs by the way. Not using their children as human shield is not a choice? Not teaching their children hatred is not a choice? Really?
There is nothing silly about Israeli actions that were responsible for killing women and children in what were supposed to be UN safe zones. Approximately 60 IDF killed compared to several hundred civilians that is not a war, that is a slaughter. There have been plenty of documented cases of complete disregard for human life that had nothing to do with human shields, they can use that answer only so often.

The lives of Palestinian civilians are cheap, not so much for Israeli soldiers.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:17 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,613,022 times
Quote:
You call a Pew poll evidence when it could not have taken place within Gaza under Hamas dictatorship. A poll conducted among ex-pat Palestinians living in other countries would hardly parallel a poll among Palestinians who elected a terrorist org. to represent them would it? If 80% of them want peace why would they have elected a Rottweiler with rabies to sit on their front lawn and greet the visitors

Views from Israeli society[edit]

Israel is characterised by a multitude of opinions and views of the peace process that vary across time as well as across society. There are right-wing opinions (both secular and religious) which believe Israel should not concede to Palestinian demands and instead should maintain the original Zionist vision of Israel.[10] There are those that hold left-wing viewpoints that believe Palestinians should have a sovereign state and Israel needs to go further in compromising to create peace; and there is a spread of people in between with varied views.[6] For example, Israeli elites wanted peace in the 1990s so as to build Israel's economy and integrate into the global economy that was opening up in the post-Cold War period.[6][18] The slowing down and deterioration of peace relations with Palestinians under Netanyahu's leadership frustrated many Israelis who view peace as a path to stability.[8] Public opinions change, as Slater says, the notion of a withdrawal from the territories and Palestinians gaining their own state was unthinkable in most circles prior to the 1990s, however a decade later it was an accepted central theme of the peace process for many.[2] The violence of the second intifada however has altered this opinion to a popular belief that this may no longer be a viable solution as military responses rather than negotiation has taken precedence.[1]

Where are you citing from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies