Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 11:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The good news is that the Democrats are going to lose the majority in the Senate..The bad news is the GOP is going to gain control of the senate. These people are interchangeable. They are all of the same cloth. All worthless.

You know this, I know this. But yet still too many naïve people out there. That want to settle for less, I don't. These people vote the same stupid clowns right back into office. To do more damage control.

We argue yet pick one stupid side, which both are equal in stupidity and selfishness.

I wish so bad that another party would emerge, something good, for all of us. Lo and behold, the one thing the two stupid party's agree upon, is making sure another party does not.

They are both bad, bad one side is just so much more full of chit, it is un freaken believable. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 11:46 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know this, I know this. But yet still too many naïve people out there. That want to settle for less, I don't. These people vote the same stupid clowns right back into office. To do more damage control.

We argue yet pick one stupid side, which both are equal in stupidity and selfishness.

I wish so bad that another party would emerge, something good, for all of us. Lo and behold, the one thing the two stupid party's agree upon, is making sure another party does not.

They are both bad, bad one side is just so much more full of chit, it is un freaken believable. Period.
It's not a question of whether or not we will go off the cliff, but rather, how fast will we be traveling when we get to the edge.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:49 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'll be extremely surprised if the GOP manages to flip more than 6 seats. I don't expect the GOP to hold more than 51 seats. I'm predicting a 49-51 split for either party. Doesn't matter, anyway. The Senate is probably going to flip back to the Dems in 2016, when more Democratic voters turn out. Midterms historically favored the Republicans, anyway

Why can't Dems be more involved outside of the Presidential Elections?

Reminds me of an employee that misses work and is late often.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:52 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know it, I know it, but yet we pick a side. Stupid us. People get use to being lied too, are naïve in general. And vote the same friggin clowns right back in. To do more damage control.

I think it's a case of which Party will hurt us at a slower rate.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:11 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Well if as of late is any indication, not good. One party is best at doing it slower, but then goes right in for the kill!

Old 08-04-2014, 03:05 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The problem is the two party system itself. Their control of the process is exactly why government is unresponsive, concerned only with re-election and fundraising, and how much they can accumulate while in office.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:34 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Hopefully they will tie up hopey dopey for his last two years....but then again he started his long term vacation already. Worst president this country ever had...laughing stock of the world.

Next President will be GOP...
Ahhh...love starting my Monday with a good laugh!

Old 08-04-2014, 07:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
ROTFLMA !!!!!!!!!

I can hardly wait for all these republicans to start shooting themselves in the foot with their stupid idiotic pronouncements.

I has happened before. It will happen again .....

SOURCE

During a luncheon with reporters, Kansas Sen. Jerry Moran, the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said: “Back in the very beginning, I would’ve told you we had six good candidates in six states.”

Now, Moran said, the number of races where Republicans could pick up seats from Democrats has expanded to somewhere in the range of 12 to 14 states.

Republicans need to flip six states to win back control of the Senate.

Moran credited Republicans with nominating credible candidates in primaries across the country.
I think that someone mis-spelled Senator Moron's name :dubious

If I were a betting man, I could have made a lot of money betting against the republicans over the years. Foot in mouth is a disease that apparently is contained within the DNA of conservatives.
They will probably win the Senate but not by that much. Meaning they will not have a super majority in either the House or Senate, meaning they cannot override the Veto power of the President. That said they will control all of Congress meaning it will be time for them to put up or shut up, the voters will be watching and if the GOP does nothing more than they have been up to this time they may find the tables turned on them in 2016, so the GOP best use the power wisely, they will not be able to blame the Senate for their own inaction and if they do not they will pay during the next elections.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:02 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They will probably win the Senate but not by that much. Meaning they will not have a super majority in either the House or Senate, meaning they cannot override the Veto power of the President. That said they will control all of Congress meaning it will be time for them to put up or shut up, the voters will be watching and if the GOP does nothing more than they have been up to this time they may find the tables turned on them in 2016, so the GOP best use the power wisely, they will not be able to blame the Senate for their own inaction and if they do not they will pay during the next elections.
On this I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies