Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 08:10 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

An unusually uncharacteristic dismissal of Obama's anti-role on Iraq with some dire predictions at the end.

I wouldn't call it uncharacteristic for Frontline, They do a very good job of presenting all the facts that aren't tinged with bias, you can tell there is a lot of research that goes into one of those shows. If only all new agencies operated the way they do. It is by far the best news magazine on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I think we need a real challenge... Let's go after Iran next, kay?
This is no joke, you now have an extremist organization in control of very large parts of land many of whom have western passports. This is Al Qaeda 2.0. You know those discussions about missed opportunities with Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda during Clinton's presidency and early on during the Bush administration? We are going to be having them again in the future.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:24 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Frontline is the last bastion of good journalism. That much is true.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This is no joke, you now have an extremist organization in control of very large parts of land many of whom have western passports. This is Al Qaeda 2.0. You know those discussions about missed opportunities with Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda during Clinton's presidency and early on during the Bush administration? We are going to be having them again in the future.
In the video they call them AQ 6.0.

More resources, better organized, more radical, etc.

I agree with Frontline being a good news program. I was being facetious.

It was an attempt to try to get people to actually look into what's going on over there. People would rather dismiss it and ignore what's going on or act like those people didn't exist before the Iraq War.

They also seem to want to ignore ISIS goal of basically destroying Obama's ME program.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:54 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I think we need a real challenge... Let's go after Iran next, kay?
Mkay! What do they have? Nukes? Bio? Poor peasants we can bomb the ever living sh*t out of?

Old 08-03-2014, 08:55 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,782 times
Why do conservatives want us to go back into Iraq?

Old 08-03-2014, 09:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Why do conservatives want us to go back into Iraq?
What happened when there was a vacuum in Afghanistan?

Iraq is a lost cause but it didn't have to be. Now all of the money and lives are simply gone with pretty much nothing to show for it except AQ 6.0 (ISIS) running rampant through the country gathering up resources and capital.

IDK, what could possibly go wrong?

Old 08-03-2014, 09:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
I wouldn't call it uncharacteristic for Frontline, They do a very good job of presenting all the facts that aren't tinged with bias, you can tell there is a lot of research that goes into one of those shows. If only all new agencies operated the way they do. It is by far the best news magazine on TV.
I didn't think I would ever agree with you, but I do on this. Frontline is the premier investigative journalism program on television today. It is so well produced that no matter ones interest in their programs subject, it will be enlightening and interesting to watch.

I've thus far watched the first 45 minutes of Losing Iraq and it has not disappointed. And as previously noted, Iraq was lost once we broke it, and that happened during the Shock and Awe nonsense that was to be followed by us being "greeted as liberators".

The criminals who lied us into that disaster should be tried at the Hague.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I've thus far watched the first 45 minutes of Losing Iraq and it has not disappointed. And as previously noted, Iraq was lost once we broke it, and that happened during the Shock and Awe nonsense that was to be followed by us being "greeted as liberators".
Shock and awe is a specific military stategy that came about becsue of the Vietnam war. In a nutshell you are going to use overwhelming force, you throw everything at them all at once. It worked very well, it's what happened afterward that is the issue.

We can ague about whether it was justified forever but what is done is done. What is of importance now is the missteps of the Obama administration that led to an extremist terrorist organization being able to control large chunks of land that Americans bled for .

Quote:
I've thus far watched the first 45 minutes of Losing Iraq
It's not surprising you turned it off when they started discussing Obama's involvement.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:26 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,366 times
Quote:
So what do we do?

Because if we do nothing we have wasted a decade in time, and so many thousands of lives, and so many trillions of dollars, and the terrorists will have won.

Now then, are we willing to engage in war without end in the Middle East?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies