Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 01:34 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There was a time when I would agree with you - but that is not the case now. Some (not all) things can be understood that were not possible for me in the past.
Ah, but there can be such a large gap between 'some' and 'all'.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Matters not. Public money is going to a religious organization for the care of minor illegals, but the same Dems refuse to allow school vouchers because they object to public money going to a religious organization.

Hypocrites, the lot of them!
Strange because most Libs I know that are against Vouchers being the fix for our children are against it because it is not the fix needed. So you do not care that the government is taking care of those children or is it that you simply want to whine about vouchers?

Old 08-04-2014, 01:40 PM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Strange because most Libs I know that are against Vouchers being the fix for our children are against it because it is not the fix needed.
Sorry, no. The big hurdle is the public money going to religious organizations argument.

Rethinking Schools Online

Old 08-04-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry, no. The big hurdle is the public money going to religious organizations argument.

Rethinking Schools Online
For that group it does, I have not many Libs here in Texas that had the same concerns, so sorry that group in Wisconsin do not represent all or even a majority Libs. Besides the Congress is about to be Repub controlled, maybe then they can pass the Bill, and I would have no trouble with it so long as they also funding fixing the Public schools otherwise, no dice.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
I don't see the hypocrisy if Pelosi is a Christian, but since she's hated by the right--whatever. Call her what you want. But to then make the quantum leap to a massive generalization such as "liberal turn to Jesus" is exceptionally faulty logic.

I notice that many Christians are only Christians when it suits them, as well. So by your logic, one can also say Christians only turn to Jesus when it suits their agenda.

Personally I do not care what stand Jesus took on anything as I believe Jesus was a man not a god, and I would never turn to him for anything. But if you are going to claim to be Christian and blabber on about Christian values, then every time you act in an un-Christianlike manner such as screaming at little children to "go home"--you will be called a hypocrite.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
For that group it does, I have not many Libs here in Texas that had the same concerns, so sorry that group in Wisconsin do not represent all or even a majority Libs. Besides the Congress is about to be Repub controlled, maybe then they can pass the Bill, and I would have no trouble with it so long as they also funding fixing the Public schools otherwise, no dice.
Fixing public schools? What would "fix" public schools?

Old 08-04-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Fixing public schools? What would "fix" public schools?
Hard work, effort, good ideas and yes more teachers. None of which do the Cons agree with, their answer is abandon Millions of American children to poor educations and a life making low wages, which they also say is a big problem they do not want to do anything about.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Hard work, effort, good ideas and yes more teachers.
Liberals have had over 40 years to fix the problems with public schools. They've failed. Mostly because of seriously flawed ideology.

Quote:
"While students in the bottom quartile have shown slow but steady improvement since the 1960s, average test scores have nonetheless gone down, primarily because of the performance of those in the top quartile. This "highest cohort of achievers," Rudman writes, has shown "the greatest declines across a variety of subjects as well as across age-level groups." Analysts have also found "a substantial drop among those children in the middle range of achievement," he continues, "but less loss and some modest gains at the lower levels."
More here:
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/poli...io/singalf.htm

Old 08-04-2014, 04:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And he'd also say you should sell all of your belongings, quit your job, and take up the cross in order to do those things..... Are you prepared to do all that? Remember now, we can't just pick and choose, so if you say no, you are not willing to do all that, you're just digging your hole even deeper and further proving my point.

And, re; gay marriage, Jesus made his opinion very clear on that. He said his coming does not extinguish "the law" or rather, the law shall not perish.... You know what the law says about a man who lays with another man? It says he shall be stoned to death. { it also says that about unruly children }

I'd love to hear'em
I guess it's OK to kill disobedient children and non-virgins getting married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies