Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we stop sending people/aid to Ebola infected nations?
Yes 92 42.59%
No 95 43.98%
Other 17 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

The first symptoms he had are the same symptoms as the flu and a severe cold.

If we run every person who comes into the ER with these symptoms through every test looking for every disease in the world, people will be dying in the ER's due to two week waiting times.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Irrational panic is sweeping the world.
I'd say it was rational concern.
Airline cleaners deserve protection if they have to go in there and wipe down planes and clean bathrooms.

Nothing irrational about voicing a concern over Ebola is there ?
All countries are still issuing tourist visas which means potential Ebola victims can travel.
And as long as they do that then they will have to make sure anyone who "could" come in contact needs to be protected.

Nothing irrational at all.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yes, I'm aware that the US has no direct flights to the affected countries in Africa. British Airways did, and they have suspended flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone through the end of March 2015.

I think that we should deny entry to anyone from those affected countries--I do not see why they cannot be tracked to determine that they started their trip in Liberia, Sierra Leone, etc.

But before that happens, there should definitely be advance warnings.
The US issues visas to them. Just suspend visas until this is contained.
It is that simple. Only issue visas to US medical personnel.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:14 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The US issues visas to them. Just suspend visas until this is contained.
It is that simple. Only issue visas to US medical personnel.
But they won't do that. Too bad for us. The only ones allowed back in should be AMERICANS only that need treatment.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:17 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The US should sue him and his family for bringing ebola here and likely infecting dozens of other people who came into contact with him.
Likely infecting dozens of other people???

In ****hole countries with bad hygiene, sanitation, and medical practices, the average Ebola patient infects 2 others. While it's possible this man infected others, the likelihood is that this man infected 0 people.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:17 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yeah, in my town which is majority black, many of them have jumped on this bandwagon. They seem to have forgotten how those white doctors were saving the lives of all those black patients.
And all the white taxpayers that funded his treatment.

Go ahead and sue, family. And as you walk out with your judgement, make sure and hand it over to those taxpayers to reimburse them for the treatment.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
But they won't do that. Too bad for us. The only ones allowed back in should be AMERICANS only that need treatment.
Here is the government's logic:

We have to issue visas because if we stop issuing visas they will come here and give us Ebola.

They figure if they issue visas they can track them. If they suspend visas then these people will sneak in, not like they are already doing that but what the hey.

If we sever connections with Africa then Americans are in more danger of catching Ebola.

The UK is even worse. They have 40 flights a day landing and are doing no screening at all.
Their logic is that they have a good healthcare system.

No one wants to cut them off. PC has turned suicidal.

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
This guy has got to be stopped. His sole pursuit in life is to foment anger and strife about all the wrong things.

Most topics I just roll my eyes and remind myself that there is another side to things. But JJ has no more right or qualifications to comment on this situation than my parakeet.
i'd much rather hear from your parakeet.

597 posts, read 1,443,351 times
How about if we send them the bills for all the care, housing, food, clean up, and then sue them for all the people he put in risk for LYING! Oh and let's not forget the money lost by people cancelling trips and vacations because of fear of more like this guy. We will send them the bill for all that.

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'd say it was rational concern.
Airline cleaners deserve protection if they have to go in there and wipe down planes and clean bathrooms.

Nothing irrational about voicing a concern over Ebola is there ?
All countries are still issuing tourist visas which means potential Ebola victims can travel.
And as long as they do that then they will have to make sure anyone who "could" come in contact needs to be protected.

Nothing irrational at all.
500 people per day come from affected countries. Ebola has been going on for several months now and ONE person has come in to the west and subsequently developed Ebola. ONE! That case was contained in spite of some incredible bungling. Where's the threat? It's just irrational fears. When we get past all our education and sophistication we are no better than some uneducated African. We are just neanderthals acting like neanderthals over this disease (and the enterovirus, and I would add ISIS to that as well).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies