Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:41 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
No more nuts than Al Sharpton. Brooks and Sharpton are two sides of the same coin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 10:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
No more nuts than Al Sharpton. Brooks and Sharpton are two sides of the same coin.
So you agree the guy is nuts, noted

Old 08-06-2014, 11:28 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
This does not surprise me at all, because every time I turn around some Republican Elected Official from the state of Alabama says something embarrassing. I almost get the feeling that many of them get off by trying to live up the stereotype that many people have about Alabama.

With that being said, I noticed someone mentioned the 5th congressional District is not the safest and I am curious as to how so??

Old 08-06-2014, 01:14 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,434,489 times
Beliciano - the 'safest' comment was made by an ignorant Democrat (but I repeat myself) that Brooks would be "gone" once the Dems get their act together.

Brooks was elected to Congress in 2010, beating the Dem 58% to 42%. In the 2012 election, Brooks beat the Dem 65% to 35%. This year Democrats didn't even bother running a candidate against Brooks.

Mo Brooks is my Congressman and he is exactly right. Try reading what Brooks says instead of media headlines and spin.

Brooks responds:

Quote:
On immigration, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi stated that "I think race has something to do with (Republicans) not bringing up the immigration bill." Earlier, Rep. Steve Israel, Chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, stated "the Republican base" is "animated by racism." During the heat of the immigration debate, President Obama said Republicans are "hating all the time." Hating who? By inference, people of color.

The above follows on the heels of Democrats teaching their Congressional candidates how to "make race the issue," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid interjecting race by complaining that a Supreme Court decision was issued by five white guys (never mind that Justice Clarence Thomas is black), New York Rep. Charlie Rangel interjecting race by making his Democrat Primary about blacks versus Dominicans, and Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton arguing over who played the race card in their 2008 presidential primary.

The way to stop national Democrats from wrongfully using race as a wedge issue, driving Americans apart, and permanently damaging America is by calling them out and making sure America holds Democrats accountable for the damage they do.

...In order to motivate citizens to vote Democrat in November, Democrat leadership brazenly plays the race card (presumably without fear of significant media backlash) and interjects imagined racism into the immigration debate. Never mind that black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, white Americans and every other demographic group in America is hurt by falling wages, lost jobs, and the income inequality caused by massive floods of illegal alien labor.

National Democrats cannot win the immigration debate with America based on thought. So they do as they are taught. They shift to emotion. In the immigration debate, Democrats did exactly as they are instructed at their Congressional campaign schools on the goal of interjecting race, "It's emotional connection, not rational connection that we need."

Well, as an American, I most strongly disagree. Immigration policy should be about what is best for American families, regardless of skin pigmentation, regardless of national heritage. The immigration debate should not be about how best to drive Americans apart with racial wedges damage America for years to come.

In order to protect America from the race-driven path advocated by national Democrats, I speak up. Why? Because that is what America needs. And because the national media does not do its job when it gives national Democrats a pass on their incendiary comments.
Rep. Mo Brooks says Democrats use race as wedge issue: opinion | AL.com

Old 08-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
This does not surprise me at all, because every time I turn around some Republican Elected Official from the state of Alabama says something embarrassing. I almost get the feeling that many of them get off by trying to live up the stereotype that many people have about Alabama.

With that being said, I noticed someone mentioned the 5th congressional District is not the safest and I am curious as to how so??
Between 1869 and 2011, Only Democrats were elected to that seat.

in 2006, the Democrat who held that seat ran unopposed.

Parker Griffith changed party affiliation in 2009 after winning the seat, and then lost the republican primary by 12,000 votes to the current holder of it. Think about that for a second, the seat was held by democrats for 140 years with democrats running unopposed or running up margins of victory by 30 to 50%, a turn coat Democrat won 33% of the vote in a republican primary.

If the Alabama Democratic Party still existed (google it and you will see what i mean), Mo Brooks wouldnt have a chance.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:30 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,434,489 times
If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its butt when it jumped.

Stereotypes of Alabama are largely based on the 136 years of Democrat control.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:37 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You showed your inner self with the word "mongrelized", thanks for the insight, it shows the true nature of those like the "person" mentioned in the OP and what their agenda truly is. I will remember this thread when Cons make the false claim that it is always those leaning left of center that bring up Race. Always fun to watch those of your ilk flock to threads such as this to display your claimed victimhood, the strange thing I am as white as they come and have never felt like a victim when it comes to how society or the business world treats me, but on the other hand have seen how those of darker skin have been treated, to bad you cannot walk a mile in their shoes, it would do you wonders, or maybe it wouldn't.
Homogenous nations are always more stable, better ordered, and peaceful than mongrelized ones. What other word is there for the country being created if not mongrelized?

The elites do not want a white majority country...it impedes their plans for control. A mongrelized populace is required for their plutocratic rule since they're easily manipulated and have no common ties to organize around.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:39 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Homogenous nations are always more stable, better ordered, and peaceful than mongrelized ones. What other word is there for the country being created if not mongrelized?

The elites do not want a white majority country...it impedes their plans for control. A mongrelized populace is required for their plutocratic rule since they're easily manipulated and have no common ties to organize around.
You have such a misguided view of the world. None of the powerful Western countries are homogenous

Old 08-06-2014, 01:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You have such a misguided view of the world. None of the powerful Western countries are homogenous
Not anymore...and they're not homogenous anymore either.

Cause and effect or effect and cause..I do not know.

But Eurabia is definitely done for as "powerful" and has been since opening the floodgates to their former colonies.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:28 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its butt when it jumped.

Stereotypes of Alabama are largely based on the 136 years of Democrat control.
Republicans control this state by a large margin, this is most conservative area in the nation at that!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies