Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 03:59 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No, and that's the point.
That's not much of a point, then.

Quote:
Why should we pretend we are morally superior while our enemy laughs at us and employs whatever method they want in an attempt to defeat us?
No pretense. If we abstain from torture, we are in fact morally superior, at least on that count.

If that has no value for you - if you're not willing to take some pride in knowing that there are depths that we, as a society, will not sink to - then there's no point in the debating.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:01 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
I wonder if McCain goes home at night and considers becoming a independent. Hes a old school Republican, and when not following the party line and speaking from his personal beliefs he has impressed me a lot.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:01 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The responses from some folks here demonstrate why the meeting was necessary. Some folks just don't comprehend it, they do like claiming that because you disagree you are...rationalizing, and

Torture when its shown to not benefit us more then it damages us is the purview of sadists, and monsters that history has repeatedly judged.
I know right! Seriously, I've gone to Russia every year since I was like 2 and have never heard such sociopathic talk and that's saying something.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:06 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Waterboarding is wrong...
Oh okay

So the terrorists cannot take this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn6_FL8gWU4

but they can freely treat the poor kid like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JsvvnnpH6k

By the way, Marines receive gas chamber training just in case they get captured

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sasV3BGXtmA

I wonder what is worse..

Old 08-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Oh okay

By the way, Marines receive gas chamber training just in case they get captured

I wonder what is worse..
Water boarding.

The gas chamber training is not about what to do if captured. lol.

Same offer-$100 if you can take 15 minutes of being water boarded by someone who knows what they are doing.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:19 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Water boarding.

The gas chamber training is not about what to do if captured. lol.

Same offer-$100 if you can take 15 minutes of being water boarded by someone who knows what they are doing.
Well, I am just saying they receive gas chamber training. and I wonder why.

I don't think I can take 1 minute of water boarding, but I will take water boarding instead of beheading any day.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:24 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
So we should play by the rules in spite of the fact that our enemies don't? .
Yes.

If others reactions dictate our reactions, we are nothing but worthless cells.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are you suggesting that America has some sort of moral superiority in the world?
Absolutely.

Who else defeats its enemies and pays to help rebuild them (Marshall Plan)?

Who else does not seize land when it conquers others in war?

Who else sends emergency relief to friend or foe, en masse, quickly, when disaster strikes anywhere on the planet?

When we do these things, we are paying it forward, just as on D Day, those on the front lines paid it forward.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanguy View Post
You know for party so that loves to talk about protecting Christian values, it's hard to take that seriously when you have to explain why torture is wrong.
Not really. This is just you trying to bash people who don't agree with your political ideology. There are 50 million registered Republicans. To say that it is hard to take conservatism seriously because one of those 50 million had to explain some ethics to another one of those 50 million just shows that you yourself lack ethics. I could just as easily say that your example shows that all of liberalism is lies. Your example is one of a liberal claiming to be open minded and to be against stereotyping slandering the philosophy of millions of people based on one person. So all your hypocrisy has really done is highlight ethical failings of a liberal, not of conservatives.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Not really. This is just you trying to bash people who don't agree with your political ideology. There are 50 million registered Republicans. To say that it is hard to take conservatism seriously because one of those 50 million had to explain some ethics to another one of those 50 million just shows that you yourself lack ethics. I could just as easily say that your example shows that all of liberalism is lies. Your example is one of a liberal claiming to be open minded and to be against stereotyping slandering the philosophy of millions of people based on one person. So all your hypocrisy has really done is highlight ethical failings of a liberal, not of conservatives.
Wow...thats the most fascinating way to spin this I have ever heard. Also so much BS. its not 1 in 50 million, just look at this thread. its probably 2 in 50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies