Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 05:16 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,573,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Afghan journalist who filmed and photographed the July 12 execution of two women by the Taliban says he was detained and held for two days by authorities in Afghanistan for suspected ties to terrorists.
Afghanistan is where the "real war" against Islamic terrorism is happening right now!

Warning: graphic images.

FOXNews.com - Photographer Detained After Filming Taliban Execution of Two Women in Afghanistan - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Old 07-19-2008, 06:25 AM
mga

230 posts, read 396,207 times
i wonder how the liberal taliban sympathisers feel about this?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,657,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
No liberal that I know of has any sympathy for the Taliban- which is WHY- unlike the conservatives- that we work and go to court to keep religion out of the government here!

Old 07-19-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
How could any dirtbag Taliban sympathizers support the execution of two helpless women! One woman is shot in the back and and other woman in the head! The scumbags execute the women at night and cover their faces! Give me 10 of those scumbags and a utility knife and I'll make eunichs out of them in no time at all! It takes "real men" to kill unarmed and helpless women! F****** sub-human dirtbags!

Old 07-19-2008, 06:46 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,657,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
How could any dirtbag Taliban sympathizers support the execution of two helpless women! One woman is shot in the back and and other woman in the head! The scumbags execute the women at night and cover their faces! Give me 10 of those scumbags and a utility knife and I'll make eunichs out of them in no time at all! It takes "real men" to kill unarmed and helpless women! F****** sub-human dirtbags!
Tell us how you really feel!

Old 07-19-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Tell us how you really feel!
I am not amused! My nephew was killed in Iraq in 2005 at the age of 28! He left a wife and 4 children! I am not amused!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:43 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,381,077 times
I can't watch the video; why were they executed? Did they expose an ankle? Effing horrible. Well, whatever, right? all in the name of allah.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:40 AM

5,161 posts, read 11,398,703 times
Quote:
Actually a lot of "fundamentalist christians" in this country are a lot closer to the Taliban than any "liberal" I know.

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I can't watch the video; why were they executed? Did they expose an ankle? Effing horrible. Well, whatever, right? all in the name of allah.
Quote:
That, he said, was when he learned it was two women — and not burglars — whom the Taliban had arrested, and that they had been charged with running a prostitution ring for coalition soldiers and local men.
This was the women's supposed crime against Sharia Law! Women in Islamic countries are often charged with morality violations, frequently trumped up, as a way to demonstrate male dominance over women according to the Quaran. Under Taliban law prostitution, along with anything else of a moral nature, calls for "Purification" (execution) according to Sharia Law.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:59 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,398,703 times
Women that are widowed have no means of supporting themselves and in order to feed themselves and their children, often they have no other way to make money, except prostituting themselves.

Afghanistan is a living hell for many women.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies