Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 12:42 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I honestly don't get that.
Neither do I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 12:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The people who whine and complain the most about income inequality are also the ones most supportive of illegal immigration...
What nonsense. I think im probably among the largest income inequality guys on CD, and I am against illegal immigration. You're attempting to create a false linkage between beliefs. If you cant debate income inequality, don't try and find some way to paint the people disagreeing with you with another topic entirely.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:50 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What nonsense. I think im probably among the largest income inequality guys on CD, and I am against illegal immigration. You're attempting to create a false linkage between beliefs. If you cant debate income inequality, don't try and find some way to paint the people disagreeing with you with another topic entirely.
I was just responding to that little bit of that post. Liberals are the ones most concerned with income inequality and are the most supportive of illegal immigration - period. Obama uses income inequality to get votes for himself and his party (oh, the irony) but his vice president says the illegal minors coming over are "our children" and the rumor is that he may legalize by executive order millions of illegals.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
You have to be blind to say that the same people complaining about inequality and the "rich" are not also the people in favor of illegal immigration and amnesty programs? Not that a proponent of one argument must also subscribe to the other.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:58 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Even HuffPo admits Obama is a disaster for everyone but the 1%.

Income Inequality Grew Faster Under Obama
I still stand by my position. Inequality has and will continue to grow.

It would be interested to see the rate at which the wealthy accumulate wealth, but I don't expect that to really be indicative of anything. GDP tends to grow faster under D presidents so the gains of the wealthy would naturally be higher under a D admin.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I was just responding to that little bit of that post. Liberals are the ones most concerned with income inequality and are the most supportive of illegal immigration - period. Obama uses income inequality to get votes for himself and his party (oh, the irony) but his vice president says the illegal minors coming over are "our children" and the rumor is that he may legalize by executive order millions of illegals.
Actually income inequality has been discussed by a large variety of people, not just liberals. Basic income was considered seriously as far back as Nixon with his proposals, Milton Freidman, and even some libertarians who have came to see it as a replacement for our current system.

The Libertarian Case for a Basic Income | Libertarianism.org

And increasingly its not just "liberals" concerned about income inequality. Many people are beginning to realize its a issue that affects everyone.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:

It would be interested to see the rate at which the wealthy accumulate wealth, but I don't expect that to really be indicative of anything. GDP tends to grow faster under D presidents so the gains of the wealthy would naturally be higher under a D admin.
Hmmm....yes and no. large economic and social disruptions can change that, and historically that happens when inequality gets too high.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Actually income inequality has been discussed by a large variety of people, not just liberals. Basic income was considered seriously as far back as Nixon with his proposals, Milton Freidman, and even some libertarians who have came to see it as a replacement for our current system.

The Libertarian Case for a Basic Income | Libertarianism.org

And increasingly its not just "liberals" concerned about income inequality. Many people are beginning to realize its a issue that affects everyone.
Most concerned doesn't mean no one else is concerned. As I said earlier in the thread, even I am concerned by it. Not thinking that "basic income" is the answer doesn't mean I don't care.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:

It's also quite interesting to look at who is in control of Congress during the periods of faster GDP growth (hint: it's not the Democrats).

Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
The people who whine and complain the most about income inequality are also the ones most supportive of illegal immigration...
I am against illegal immigration so try again.
The ones most supportive of illegal immigration are the politicians on "both sides" since they are doing nothing about it. Obama is part of The Regime in DC as was Bush and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies