Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:05 PM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Darrel Issa not being serious: Congressman: White House Job Offer to Sestak May Be an 'Impeachable' Offense | Fox News

Jonh Kyl makes it clear that impeachment "is always a possibility", but probably in a non-serious manner:
Top Republican Senator Suggests Impeaching Obama Over Immigration Policies (AZ's Jon Kyl)

Tom Coburn, being completely non-serious, makes it clear that President Obama's actions are "perilously close" to impeachment level: Coburn raises possibility of impeachment at town hall - NBC News

Shall I go on?
Issa = 3 years ago, went nowhere, because Issa backed out of targeting Obama specifically when he found out it went back to the Bush admin and before that. he then made a wider call for oversight on the Executive using executive branch appointments to affect elections in the Senate or House.

Kyl = 2 years ago, went nowhere because he's a Senator, and because he said at the time:
Quote:
then of course impeachment is always a possibility. But I don’t think at this point anybody is talking about that.
Coburn = last year, again went nowhere because it was a comment made at a townhall in response to someone attending asking a question which led to the following exchange:
Quote:
“And I don’t have the legal background to know if that rises to ‘high crimes and misdemeanors,’ but I think you’re getting perilously close.”

The remark came after an attendee called the Obama administration "lawless" and asked, "who is responsible for enforcing [Obama’s] constitutional responsibilities?"

“What you have to do is you have to establish the criteria that would qualify for proceedings against the president. And that’s called impeachment,” he said as some in the audience applauded.

He added that the House of Representatives is responsible for bringing charges against the president.

“I think there’s some intended violation of the law in this administration but I also think there’s a ton of incompetence,” he added.

Coburn said that he does not know if the constitutional standard for impeachment has been met, and he said that that such proceedings should not be “something you take lightly.”
Exactly none of these comments were made in debate on the floor of the US House of Representatives, none were more recent than just about a year ago, only one was made by a Representative actually holding office at the time the comment was made, and none became part of any proceeding whatsoever.

So once more, no Republican in the US House is seriously suggesting impeaching the President. Go find every old quote at every podium you can, and you still will not find anywhere in Congressional Record where a GOP representative has tried to bring it to the floor, or even suggested it go to committee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 03:11 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Just remember, CITIZENS talking about stuff doesn't count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Exactly none of these comments were made in debate on the floor of the US House of Representatives, none were more recent than just about a year ago, only one was made by a Representative actually holding office at the time the comment was made, and none became part of any proceeding whatsoever.
Look at those goalposts moving, I am impressed. And entertained.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:28 PM

195 posts, read 153,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Your excellent analysis failed to mention that this is discussions on the House floor-- Why don't you check mentions in the media. No to mention the Republican mentions are in terms of actually impeaching the president. The Democrats are simply pointing out the Republicans have gone off the deep end.

Impeachment is not a political weapon.

There is no impeachment bill on the house floor.
Who are you getting misinformed by?
Find a new source feed!

Old 08-07-2014, 05:02 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Anybody that's paying attention knows that there's no Republican effort to impeach Obama.

Democrats are using the made-up issue to try and bolster their dismal outlook for November.

Geez, are ALL of you lefties really that stupid? Or are you just dishonest? 'Cuz if you're claiming that Republicans are trying to impeach Obama, it has to be one or the other, because the effort you're decrying doesn't exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Most of the country is thinking impeachment as a the most civil approach. Of course impeachment is more of a sentiment rather than a legal pursuit with all its implications.

So when talk of impeachment is heard from the masses it is more of a signal as to the feelings toward Obama. That sentiment is more powerful than the legal pursuit of impeachment.

The dems believe everyone knows the legal ins and outs of impeachment and are sadly mistaken and given enough rope will hang themselves politically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
There is no impeachment bill on the house floor.
Who are you getting misinformed by?
Find a new source feed!
Three posts exemplifying the fact that the Fox bubble is a comfortable one and isolation from reality is bliss.
Republicons are indeed talking about impeachment and these nutbags have been in the media - talk about dumb. In its desperation the wacko right has gone off the deep end, it seems.
With Benghazi and their other trumped-up issues gone, it is these desperate, flailing, out-of-touch, do-nothing neanderthal repubs who are hanging themselves.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 08-07-2014 at 05:10 PM..

Old 08-07-2014, 06:43 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But they are fooling everyone, don't you get it. It is like the race card thing they keep dragging around, they are victims because people call them racist when they make racist comments, how unfair is that, really.
They love make their own crosses to drag around to play the victim in an attempt get sympathy and attention. Problem is that people are on to their old game and since they do not seem to come up with any new game plans they simply resort to the old methods used by such people as the Nazis and Communists; repeat a Lie long enough and people will believe it to be truth. With their faithful sheeple it works great, sheeple are not very bright to begin with, unfortunately for them the rational people see it for what it truly is.

This is perhaps one of the most absurd posts on CD ever. I mean really, seriously? If your side is going to accuse me of being a racist, which I am not, then you can expect some backlash. And it is quite well documented that this is your side's modus operandi.
Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

Quote:
Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”
Mary Frances Berry's response to 'Contracting out U.S. security? And will branding tea party 'racist' work?' - The Arena | POLITICO.COM
Quote:
Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November.

Your side makes these false accusations, and then you label the backlash as "crosses to drag around to play the victim." ?????

Old 08-07-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Republicons are indeed talking about impeachment and these nutbags have been in the media - talk about dumb. In its desperation the wacko right has gone off the deep end, it seems.
With Benghazi and their other trumped-up issues gone, it is these desperate, flailing, out-of-touch, do-nothing neanderthal repubs who are hanging themselves.

There is no bill on the house floor to impeach Obama, as the person I replied to, suggested.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:51 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
So - it appears the Republican response is that their comments weren't made on the House floor, but only in addressing their constituents - and that, like totally, shouldn't be taken as evidence of any sort of intent.

Well, if your out is to claim that Republicans just threw out some red meat to the more IQ-challenged among their voters, I am not going to contradict you.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:58 PM

Obama could be impeached for many things he has done, if Harry Reid was not covering for him in the senate.

It would be a waste of time to impeach Obama in the house, if it dies in the senate.
Jan. 2015 may be another story for impeachment talks. The Republicans are going to need the 2/3rds in the senate.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:42 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Default Democrats Talk About Impeachment Twenty Times As Much as Republicans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Let's see here...

So, the article tries to make a point that Dems are more about impeachment by limiting the count to the number of times it's been brought up on the house and senate floors. Ignoring the uncounted times Republicans have blathered about it in front of cameras and microphones for the media and in who knows how many town halls.

I'm calling this simple, partisan BS.

Quote:
I'd say the same is true here on C-D.
Not the first time you've been wrong, I'm sure.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:33 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
There is no bill on the house floor to impeach Obama, as the person I replied to, suggested.
Check the OP and try to digest the topic. It's not about "bills on the floor" at all, but yeah, after all the repub media trash talk (the real subject) let's see a "bill on the floor" - bring it on.
You agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies